March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Back in an F150  (Read 15275 times)

Offline sscully

• Café Member
Re: Back in an F150
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2017, 08:56:45 PM »
So yours is not the no-drill?  Do you think the no-drill is worth it? 

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I think drill vs no drill is decided by bed length
- EG F150 SuperCrew with the 5'5" bed is 4 brackets drilled.

Take a look at the install for your truck model & bed config to see if it is a drill or no drill install

https://www.peragon.com/ephp/trucks/product_manuals
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2017, 09:52:20 PM »
I really like the looks of that bed cover.

What's next? :uugly:
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2017, 10:43:15 PM »
It is dirty, I know, been hauling 3 string bales for the horse. 

I ran with it open to get the hay out.   I want to spray it down with HD.

So the bed cover is nice.  The directions for the no drill are a tad different but the videos are the best way to do the install.  We messed up on a few things and had to redo one section but overall I am very pleased with it.  The ramps on mine need to be bent in some.  Easier to take the top out if they were bent in a tad.   

Other than that, it is very stiff to open...that will get easier with time.   

I think it is worth it and I am pleased with it thus far.

Yes.  I did the no drill.  Mine did jump the track today.   I still have to tweek the install.   Kind of threw it up on there.   

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2017, 11:37:26 PM »
It is dirty, I know, been hauling 3 string bales for the horse. 

I ran with it open to get the hay out.   I want to spray it down with HD.

So the bed cover is nice.  The directions for the no drill are a tad different but the videos are the best way to do the install.  We messed up on a few things and had to redo one section but overall I am very pleased with it.  The ramps on mine need to be bent in some.  Easier to take the top out if they were bent in a tad.   

Other than that, it is very stiff to open...that will get easier with time.   

I think it is worth it and I am pleased with it thus far.

Yes mine is the no drill version but they send you the kit for the drill mount if you want them.   I think the non drill presents some extra variables for install...there are some tricks to it.  It is worth the 50+ charge for non drill.  But I also would have no issues driling 4 holes where they need them for the drill application. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2018, 11:43:57 PM »
I'm going to remove my Peragon cover and send it back for a refund.  After using it for my annual trip to Tennessee, I've decided it's not for me.  I may do a little video review but the rundown is this...

It rained for the entire drive down.  Left at 4:45am and arrived at 2:30pm.  All of our luggage was wet.  What really annoyed me was when there is standing water on the tonneau and you open it to get your luggage out, the design actually dumps all of that water on to water is in the front of your bed.  So if it was dry before you opened it, it's not anymore.

The good news is, you likely don't have much there anyway.  The design doesn't allow you to use much of that front section because you need to keep it clear so the top can fold open and down.  It doesn't take up much room when it's folded up, but the empty space required to open it is probably more than twice the size of the tonneau folded.  So if you're not careful when loading the bed, you won't be able to close it.  And if your stuff shifts during transport, you may not be able to open it. 

When packing up to leave, I had the bed half loaded and tried to close it for the night but when I pulled on the strap to close it, I must not have pulled perfectly straight and it popped out of the track.  I had to climb in the bed to get it back where it should be.  Had the bed been fully loaded, I would have had a heck of a time trying to do that from the outside of the truck bed. 

So it will be going back.  I will go back to the vinyl roll up with the Velcro sides that I had on my last truck for half the price.  It won't look as nice but it was much more functional. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2018, 01:06:46 AM »
oh man, that is a bummer but totally understand.

I had mine pop out of the track once but not on pull to close but to open, and it needed a tad of an adjustment. 

The rain thing you mention didn't hit home with me until our last 10 days straight of rain, we got over 12 inches at our house (including an EF-0) Tornado...yes we had a Tornado in our BACK YARD .  That is a whole other post.   But I can see your point...that said, I haven't had that issue yet. 

I can see your point on packing, I have a bar I put in my truck that prevents cargo from going forward due the V Track, but I counted on this and thus far, it hasn't been an issue. 

Sorry this top didn't work for your needs, I feel bad that my posts turned out to be a turd for you but glad you will be getting a refund. 

Ugh.

JP

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2018, 08:21:31 AM »
No worries.  As I had pretty much decided on it before you got yours.  For a second it looked like I'd get one first. 

As far as cargo moving forward and preventing opening, it didnt happen but I could see it happening. 

I have to call and talk to them about it.  It says you get 100 days to return so hopefully they don't give me a hard time.  I'm glad I didn't get the custom white one now.  I would have to eat that cost.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

* Recent Photos

DSC_0102.JPG

Views: 6
By: attworth

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal