March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Photobucket Photo Hostage Situation  (Read 9191 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Re: Photobucket Photo Hostage Situation
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 12:02:42 AM »
TOM.....I have solved this....well partly

photobucket is holding all of our imagines hostage.  Meaning they have removed the library and album download butting so you can get all your photos...in my case, around 2900 or so. 

Bad news, they ARE holding third party hosting sites hostage but I just want my imagines.

If you go here...and pay, 1.99 cents, you can get all your photos...album by album and I am doing this right now. 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-album-downloa/jmpbbfglflhdhbmimlcacoojpkeopelc

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2018, 12:12:49 AM »
Also visit this link and add your name to the petitiion.

https://www.change.org/p/photobucket-reverse-the-photobucket-third-party-rule

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 12:17:16 AM »
also, doesn't appear there is much discussion (none) of photobucket issues at F150 ol....

strange. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 07:35:24 AM »

photobucket is holding all of our imagines hostage.  Meaning they have removed the library and album download butting so you can get all your photos...in my case, around 2900 or so. 

Bad news, they ARE holding third party hosting sites hostage but I just want my imagines.

If you go here...and pay, 1.99 cents, you can get all your photos...album by album and I am doing this right now. 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-album-downloa/jmpbbfglflhdhbmimlcacoojpkeopelc

Thanks JP, but I already manually downloaded every single image I had in Photobucket to my laptop. My grand plan was to upload all of them to a new site and then go back and edit all of my posts to enable the new links and get the pictures back up in them. For some reason I ran out of energy and didn't do the last part - yet. The easiest thing would be for PB to come up with a more reasonable amount to charge for third part hosting. I'd probably be willing to pay $50/year or so, but not what they're demanding right now. Bastards!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2018, 09:24:42 AM »

Thanks JP, but I already manually downloaded every single image I had in Photobucket to my laptop. My grand plan was to upload all of them to a new site and then go back and edit all of my posts to enable the new links and get the pictures back up in them. For some reason I ran out of energy and didn't do the last part - yet. The easiest thing would be for PB to come up with a more reasonable amount to charge for third part hosting. I'd probably be willing to pay $50/year or so, but not what they're demanding right now. Bastards!

Yeah that is pretty chicken shit of them...i mean they went from hero to one of the most hated companies on the net in record time.   But the fact is, they know that third party hosting is also dying....and has been.   BBB/SMF and other community sites are slowly dying...Facebook and other social sites are taking over.   There are many aspects to the cafe that are not longer supported...several extensions are no longer updated and there is much less innovation.   

It is my my hope that one day we can use Facebook Groups for the cafe and have this site remain up as long as SMF supports it...

Tapatalk has really made posting from smart phones very easy and they do offer 3rd party hosting on their server automatically.

That service is also free...for now but as other sites start to compete who knows they may do the same thing.  The cafe doesn't have the traffic it once had and it is a costly site to keep.   So, at some point we need to consider doing a migration...but not for a bit.   

Carry on, sorry for the rant

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2018, 10:09:47 PM »
Thanks for the find and link to pay a little to get the pics. I'll be completing it this weekend. I get that it costs money to host and house data, but PB went way to extreme.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

* Recent Photos

DSCN0364.JPG

Views: 3
By: GreyMichFX4

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal