1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Worst house for detailing  (Read 14028 times)

Online Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Worst house for detailing
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2017, 10:50:25 AM »
I am no well expert but becoming one.   Our well is 280 ft.   It only has a .5 HP pump it needs a 1.5 as I can only use it for 4 heads at a time on the lawn.   

Could be that simple but pulling that pump out is not an easy task.
It could be that simple.  Very easy for a company to come in and coil all the pipe up.  I'm just not holding my breath on it being that simple.  Too many variables. 

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Online Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 10:37:23 AM »
I think I improved the pressure slightly and I have room to tweak it just a bit more... Maybe.  I was doing some reading and I adjusted the pressure settings on the pressure tank awhile back but I never adjusted the air to compensate.  By default the tank is set to 30/50 psi with the air set to 28.  I wasn't aware that the air should always be 2psi lower than the turn on (low) number.  So I drained the tank last night.  Got some nice chocolate milk looking water out of the second half of it.  The air was actually 10 psi lower than it should have been originally as it was at 18ish psi.  So I put it 38psi since I had the tank set to 40/60.  I think it through my settings out of each though as I haven't seen it rise above 45psi on the gauge now.  So I need to tinker.  The water pressure seems much more consistent now with just a tad more pressure.  It doesnt randomly drop pressure as soon as you soap up your face.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2017, 04:48:21 PM »
At least that's an improvement!
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Online Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2017, 07:17:21 PM »
At least that's an improvement!
I was wrong.  Haha.  I filled a gallon jug today and it took 3 seconds longer than last time and it seems like the faucets have all gone back to the way they were.  Now I'm starting to wonder if it was my imagination or if possibly the bladder on the pressure tank could be bad.  I'm half tempted to drain it again and check the air.

Online Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2017, 04:36:46 PM »
So today I lost almost ALL water pressure.  Faucets would start out fine and then 5-10 seconds later be at a trickle.  Pressure tank was at the max so I assumed that was fine.  I tried running water straight out of the hookup immediately after the water filter and flow seemed fine.  Then it dawned on me that the house was backflowing down to that hook up.  Haha oops.  Turned off the valve after the filter and boom, very low flow.  The filter was only 3-4 months old but I think I stirred up so much crap from the pressure tank that clogged the filter.  Luckily I had a spare from the two pack I bought when we moved in and now the pressure is back to where it was AFTER I adjusted the tank this last time.  The jug fill up in the video took about 1:24.  The other day it took 1:27.  Today, after the tank adjustments and filter change... 52 seconds.  This is as good as it gets given the current setup.

Online Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2017, 08:02:57 PM »
Whoa!  I got a damn good shower today.  I'm going to keep an eye on the water filter.  I ordered two more.  At roughly $7 a piece, I will change them every month if I have to. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2017, 10:16:16 PM »
Had to rebuild all our well plumbing today.  Including adding a new screen filter.  Our old filter was there but with no screen.  Totally useless.   With the our changes we are only getting 42psi.   

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 10:18:06 PM by Rollingrock »
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Online Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2017, 04:04:37 AM »
The only gauge i have is on the pressure tank.  I ordered a gauge though that should be here this week because I'm curious to see what I'm getting at the outlets.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2017, 03:19:16 PM »
Do you think you have sediment somewhere else after the filter? Or, was it just getting clogged up quick without the screen in place?

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2017, 03:19:44 PM »
Whoa!  I got a damn good shower today.  I'm going to keep an eye on the water filter.  I ordered two more.  At roughly $7 a piece, I will change them every month if I have to. 

Almost enough pressure to rinse off a vehicle!

Online Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2017, 07:20:34 PM »
Do you think you have sediment somewhere else after the filter? Or, was it just getting clogged up quick without the screen in place?
Was this directed at me or Jason?  If I have a screen, I don't know where it is or where it would go.  Haha.  I think I blocked my filter up draining the pressure tank.  I filled a clear bucket up with water that looked like chocolate milk.  I let it sit there for a week (laziness) and it settled to a layer of actual dirt or whatever it was on the bottom.  You could see the granules clear as day in the bottom 2-3" of the bucket. 

I feel like I could definitely rinse off a vehicle now.  I don't think the foam gun would be super effective though. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 04:25:14 PM »
A low GPM electric Pressure washer may just be the ticket for you.

That's if you ACTUALLY want to start keeping your vehicles clean again :uugly:

Online Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 05:55:12 PM »
A low GPM electric Pressure washer may just be the ticket for you.

That's if you ACTUALLY want to start keeping your vehicles clean again :uugly:
Well, it's a lot less work leaving them dirty.  Haha. 

I got my gauge today.  I'm getting 42psi at the outdoor spigot.  I don't even want to know what it used to be at.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 06:42:09 AM »
Did you check what the water coming off the bottom of the hot water heater looks like ?

Steve

Online Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2017, 04:37:37 PM »
Did you check what the water coming off the bottom of the hot water heater looks like ?
I did.  It wasn't too bad.  I had to drain some of the hot water heater when we moved in so I could open it up and put some hydrogen peroxide in it to get rid of the rotten egg smell from sitting unused for a while.  It was either that or an expensive powered anode rod.  I chose the $3 option over the $300 option. 

* Recent Photos

P1010122.JPG

Views: 2
By: mpittm2

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal