1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Quick Sledding Vacay  (Read 4004 times)

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Quick Sledding Vacay
« on: March 15, 2017, 11:09:29 PM »
I went for a quick 5 day trip back home to do some riding with Dad and a couple of buddies. It was a little on the cold side for this time of the year, but we still managed to get out and have some fun.

My buddy just bought a brand new '16 Platinum Eco with max tow. Completely loaded up with all options, literally all options. Very nice. I like the adaptive cruise control and the messaging seats.

Dad and I swapped off doing a little bit of gromming so we would have some smooth trails to ride

My buddy needed a hand to rebuild the front diff and swap the inner cv joints as the splines were wore out. Took it for a bit of a cruise around to test it out after.

Took the sled for a test drive after messing with the clutching. Running much better now.

Even after sitting in some pretty cold temps for the last month, the Grizzly fired up and I used it for running between the house and the cabin across the road.

Another buddy decided to come up for some riding and grabbed a new Renegade X 850 demo for us to play with. Very nice ride, not a huge improvement over my old girl, but they have certainly progressed. But, there is no way I'm spending $17k on a sled.

Overall great trip and I was able to put on a little over 300 miles in the 3 days of riding.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Quick Sledding Vacay
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 07:44:49 AM »
Looks like a good time.  I've still never been on a snowmobile even though I've been with my girlfriend for over 5 years and her parents have a house in the Adirondacks and sleds.  Right now I want nothing to do with snow.  It sucks to even look at it in pictures. 

Massaging seats in a truck?  Id ask why but I guess why not. 

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 09:14:24 AM »
Looks like you had a great time doing a little bit of everything!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 09:59:51 PM »
Thanks guys, I had a great time. I do miss having toys out here, the Mountain Bike is a lot of fun, but certainly not the same as doing 100mph down a trail on a sled.

I can tell you from experience that riding on snow is much better than shoveling it!

We'll see what happens, but if we move I'm sure I'll be buying a quad or a side by side. But who knows, we may not move till next summer instead of this summer now. We just can't decide if we want to pull the trigger right away.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal