1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Kitzy got a new house!  (Read 17076 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Kitzy got a new house!
« on: December 03, 2016, 10:01:29 PM »
Finally.  It took about 5 full months.  The whole thing was mostly drug out by the township.  They like to only meet once per month and then demand petty new stuff each time which you ofcourse have to wait until next months meeting to get their approval.  The other issue was with the surveyor hired by the sellers to do the subdivision.  Apparently he was an idiot.  At one point, to speed the process up he was using copies of the sellers signature which was going well until he turned them in to the courthouse and they refused to accept them. 

So now the process of making the house ours starts.  There isn't too much but of course time isn't on our side with work and trying to get settled in before Christmas. 

I have things scattered in storage at friends and family's houses and even work.  So I managed to get my stuff out of the ship at work today.  Of course, these go right in to the most important place...

This should do...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: Kitzy got a new house!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 07:29:23 AM »
Looks like you have plenty of room for my boat. I'll be right over. Sweet!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 09:24:07 AM »
Haha it might be a little far from the lake.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 01:09:22 PM »
Wow, that's an ordeal! Glad you're finally in though, it will feel great once you can get everything moved in.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 07:37:03 PM »
Ugh, I hate painting.  I hate it even more when the previous owners were world class failures at spackling.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 08:23:08 PM »
I'm loving this town though.  It's about 40 minutes away from where I'm currently living.  It's zones rural conservation so I can do what I want.  Girlfriend wont let me get an Emu though.  It's a small town.  Lots of shale.  There is one main road through town which is about a mile long or so. 

This is coming in to town.  If you look dead center there is a creepy.house perched up on the hill.  Freaks me out.  One wrong step in your yard and down the mountain you go.

This is driving down the main road.  In the distance you can see some smallerish mountains.  I live over there.  Haha

Before closing, we got permission to put a fence in.  It's just enough to give the dogs some space and not have to watch over then.  Especially since the younger one doesn't play well with others since being attacked on a hike by another dog.  Anyway, this is now all you can see from the yard.  Works for me.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 12:21:53 AM »
Man dude, that is AWESOME!   I know this has been a process.   But it worked out and it was worth it.   Very, very, very happy for you man.   Cannot wait for more pics as you Kitzyize it

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 07:20:22 AM »
Man, for a first house, I'd say you hit a home run!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 05:54:19 PM »
Looks like a pretty nice view from where you are!
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 05:58:23 PM »
Anybody else notice how he's keeping the Chevy behind the fence so we can't see it?  :funny:

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 07:07:27 PM »
Anybody else notice how he's keeping the Chevy behind the fence so we can't see it?  :funny:

:redneck:
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2016, 11:50:25 PM »
Here is a little more of that view from tonight.  This is just for Tom. 

This is from the front steps of the house.  Those lights in the distance on top of the mountain is the ski slopes.  They're about 2 or 3 miles down the road.  I've never been skiing but living so close I will have to give it a try.  So if I one day stop posting, it probably didn't go well.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 11:59:42 PM »
Man dude, that is AWESOME!   I know this has been a process.   But it worked out and it was worth it.   Very, very, very happy for you man.   Cannot wait for more pics as you Kitzyize it
Thanks!

I don't know if you remember... I think we talked about it when you were here, but the whole process actually started in October of 2015.  I sat down with the lady from ghebbank, went through all of the pre approval stuff, was approved but had a knock on my credit from an ex girlfriend.  I was told I should get that fixed and write letters to the credit bureaus to have it removed which is about a month long process.  So I did and it was removed.  Just to find out that even if I find a house this late in the year, the bank won't let me close on unemployment and I would have been well in to it by then.  So I had no choice but to wait until spring and do the entire pre approval over again but so had to wait until I had a month of pay studs available to prove I was working.  Soooo. Fast forward to the rest of the crap and here we are. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 12:29:09 PM »
Hmmm. So we went from a Chevy behind a fence to a Chevy after dark - with no light near it. Just sayin'
 :nana:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 01:53:29 PM »
Thanks!

I don't know if you remember... I think we talked about it when you were here, but the whole process actually started in October of 2015.  I sat down with the lady from ghebbank, went through all of the pre approval stuff, was approved but had a knock on my credit from an ex girlfriend.  I was told I should get that fixed and write letters to the credit bureaus to have it removed which is about a month long process.  So I did and it was removed.  Just to find out that even if I find a house this late in the year, the bank won't let me close on unemployment and I would have been well in to it by then.  So I had no choice but to wait until spring and do the entire pre approval over again but so had to wait until I had a month of pay studs available to prove I was working.  Soooo. Fast forward to the rest of the crap and here we are.
It doesn't want to make any nearby toyotas jealous so its laying low.

* Recent Photos

t

Views: 10
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal