1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Kitzy got a new house!  (Read 17200 times)

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: Kitzy got a new house!
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 02:33:10 PM »
Man dude, that is AWESOME!   I know this has been a process.   But it worked out and it was worth it.   Very, very, very happy for you man.   Cannot wait for more pics as you Kitzyize it
Thanks!

I don't know if you remember... I think we talked about it when you were here, but the whole process actually started in October of 2015.  I sat down with the lady from ghebbank, went through all of the pre approval stuff, was approved but had a knock on my credit from an ex girlfriend.  I was told I should get that fixed and write letters to the credit bureaus to have it removed which is about a month long process.  So I did and it was removed.  Just to find out that even if I find a house this late in the year, the bank won't let me close on unemployment and I would have been well in to it by then.  So I had no choice but to wait until spring and do the entire pre approval over again but so had to wait until I had a month of pay studs available to prove I was working.  Soooo. Fast forward to the rest of the crap and here we are.
It doesn't want to make any nearby toyotas jealous so its laying low.

It'll have to come out and show itself - before running to hide again - when I show up with my boat.   :uugly:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 09:50:20 PM »
It'll have to fight the Grizzlies for room in the garage.  Funny... it was showing like hell (only on our street apparently) so we had to clean the truck and car off before we split for the night.  So there we were cleaning vehicles off when right behind us is a big garage with almost nothing in it.  Makes sense, right?
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2016, 09:57:44 PM »
I've got the kitchen, dining room and hallway all masked off and ready to be painted tomorrow morning.  That should do it for the paint aside from touch ups.  I'm gonna be as giddy as can be when all the paint is done.   
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2016, 10:23:59 PM »
"Like"

I had 4 guys here waist deep in a hole the size VW fixing pluming leak on pool.   Had to drain half of it which means that my water bill will be over 400 for the month and now walked and we lost one of Central Heat units to a bad motor.   

This house is starting to kill me. 

Just an FYI...if you saw the hole on FB, you should see it now, its 5X that size now...and we have a hard freeze tonight.   I still have 2+ hours filling the pool, I hope I make it or I am screwed.   
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2016, 10:30:30 PM »
That sounds expensive.  I did see the hole on Facebook and it made me wonder how you came to the conclusion the leak was right there.  That sucks though, bud.  I hope you can get it all sorted it. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 11:11:10 PM »
That sounds expensive.  I did see the hole on Facebook and it made me wonder how you came to the conclusion the leak was right there.  That sucks though, bud.  I hope you can get it all sorted it.

That was all done by the pool people...they started with one guy and 1 shovel.   1 hour later it was 4 pool techs and lots of tools and around 20 2" 90 elbow and pvc.   Been refilling pool with 2 hoses since 2 pm today.   We have 2 hours left on the refill.  Water bill is going to be redonkulas.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2016, 10:22:44 AM »
Did you get it filled in time?

Stopped on the way to the house this morning to take a picture.  I live down there...

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2016, 01:48:35 PM »
Congrats on the new house. 
Sorry I am so late to the party the new job has been kicking my ass with travel the past 2 months.
- I am back to 11 states.
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2016, 10:56:39 PM »
Thanks, Steve. 

All the painting is done.  Started doing some cleaning.  Recaulked the bathrooms today.  I have two rooms that need carpets ripped out and flooring installed.  I'm having trouble locating the flooring without ordering though. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2016, 11:11:11 PM »
The house is finally coming together.  Picked up a nice table and hutch made by a woman's grandfather.  She only wanted $100 total for both.  It has a rustic look which is perfect.  We ordered the flooring and I'm hoping it comes in before next weekend so I can install it on the weekend.  Did a little maintenance work like filters and  deal with the water softener.  Our hit water also had a really bad sulfer/rotten egg smell from sitting for so long.  Took care if that.  Just chipping away at things.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2016, 02:15:50 AM »
Dude.   That is fantastic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2016, 08:27:19 AM »
Mike, the place looks great! If you only knew what I started out with in my first house.  :bore:

Oh wait, I still live there. At least it loos a lot better now!

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2016, 01:18:07 PM »
That is coming together very nice.

Are you going with the hand scraped plank / pine plank ( what looks like is under the table ) to match the decor you have in the house  ?

When you worked on the hot water heater, where you able to get the bottom to drain ?
Around here some people do not drain off the bottom to remove the sediments and they get hot spots under a pile of sediment and rust out bad.  I found out once a quarter was not enough and got a pile built up in the bottom.

Good news at least you have the time to do it; bad thing you have to watch the budget from getting out of control.

Since nobody else has asked; I will.  When are you starting on the garage ?
- Come on, you know that is what we really care about. :redneck:
Steve

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2016, 01:20:28 PM »
Mike, the place looks great! If you only knew what I started out with in my first house.  :bore:

Oh wait, I still live there. At least it loos a lot better now!

We know you still live there, that picture of you on the phone 3 years ago proves that  :wow:
- The other day I had to explain the acoustical couplers  I used to repair in the late 80s because of a lack of touch tone service.
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2016, 10:29:42 PM »
The flooring in the house was installed after the woman who lived there moved out.  I've been told there were pink carpets throughout.  They are still in the closets actually. It's laminate and is called hardscraped lodge oak.  All but the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms were done in this so we are continuing it in to those rooms since the carpets needed replacing anyway. 

As for the water heater, its a relatively new unit.  I think 2014.  I had to drain some of the water out so I could open the cold water inlet.  I relieved some pressure from the T&P valve with just a small amount of sediment coming out.  The drain on the bottom of the tank flowed clean and clear.  I pulled the anode rod to inspect it.  It appears fine but I will replace it with a powered unit since I rlhave a water softener which is going to eat the rod up in short order anyway. 

The garage is being used partially for storage right now.  We are focused mainly on the inside so we can get moved in.  It showed for a while today so we stuck both vehicles and the 12x7 trailer inside with the two four wheelers so we didn't have to clean them off later.  We had room left over for roughly two more 4 wheelers comfortably. 

I had to cut the grass today.  Not sure when it was done last but I was in a mad dash to beat the snow.  I made it with 15 minutes to spare.  I must have looked like a fool out there in the middle of December, below freezing, cutting the grass while the snow is falling. 

I had literally just finished when I grabbed the camera to take.this picture.

This is a half hour later.

* Recent Photos

Views: 2
By: texbigred1

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal