April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Got some work to do  (Read 5710 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Got some work to do
« on: June 07, 2016, 08:48:03 AM »
So I'm spending the week at a lake house in the mountains.  This is what I came out to after a few hours.  The bed side is from the following morning.  What's your best guess at what the tiny black things are that are all over my life truck?  Never mind what looks like syrup running down ever panel. 

ROOF

TONNEAU

BEDSIDE

Hint: one of those three pictures holds a clue.  And to give an idea of how bad it is, at any given point, while standing outside, it sounds like its steady raining in the trees,  24/7.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
Re: Got some work to do
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 08:52:40 AM »
I'm going out on a limb here and guessing it is not basketball ?
 :funny:

Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 01:12:58 PM »
Yup, you have some work to do!!!
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 05:52:49 PM »
Tree sap & spider poop. Yes, you may actually have to wash it.  :nana:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 06:15:45 PM »
Tom, I was going to let everyone guess for a little but you're so close.  It's actually Caterpillar poop.  There are so many caterpillars that you can barely take two steps without stepping on one.  They're just falling out of the trees and smacking you in the head.  There are so many that there are constant sounds of "rain" in the trees which is actually falling poop. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 06:53:02 PM »
So its raining poop where you are. I guess I'll strike that place off my bucket list then.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 05:21:12 PM »
It seems to have stopped for the most part.  We had heavy downpours the other morning that must have washed most of it out of the trees.  I'm sure its building back up as we spreak.  The caterpillars haven't gone anywhere.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 09:19:44 PM »
I spent about 20 minutes at the self serve Saturday soaking and pressure washing the truck off.  Just to knock as much crap as possible off.  Washed it properly today. 

I knew it was bad so I soaked it in APC+.  Topped that with the foam gun and PB soap.  Rinsed it.  Washed it with the foam gun, pb soap and mitt plus two buckets like always.  Still had tons of crap on the lower half of the doors.  I soaked it in Goo Gone and brushed it in with a slide lock brush and rinsed.  Another PB soap and rinsed.  No change.  Plastic razor blade and lube.  Barely touching it.  Clay...  nothin!  This is what it looked like at that point. 

I resorted to using my thumb nail for awhile and lots of lube and clay.  I clayed all verticle panels.  Only the hood and roof are left.  I didn't have the time to get to it.  Longest time claying ever.  Very stubborn crap.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 09:45:14 PM by Kitzy »

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 02:12:48 PM »
That doesn't sound like fun at all! Are you going to do any correction once the paints clean?

I haven't had a chance to even wash mine in the last couple of weeks.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 07:03:04 PM »
I haven't washed mine before this since I drove down to meet Jason.  Whenever that was. 

I have to check out after the next wash what the paint really looks like.  I have to clay the hood and roof yet.  Last I checked it only needed a minor polish.  It's really hard to see the imperfections in this color.  But I'm also super anal about my was method.  Often I hit the self serve first.  The next day I usually do a foam gun presoak and rinse, followed by the foam gun and two bucket method.  I only dry using certain towels and whatever quick detailer I feel like using at the time. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 12:51:15 PM »
That is the bonus of white! Also, you are good with the washing technique and that brings down the chance for marring. Just think of the therapy you'll get knocking out the paint!  :hp:

I've actually been impressed with the little marring in my paint after more than a year of any real correction.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 07:40:45 PM »
It would be nice to have the time to work on it. I just always end up being rushed and then I just feel stressed. 

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal