April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Did some work today  (Read 11986 times)

Offline sscully

• Café Member
Re: Did some work today
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2016, 12:43:51 PM »
Other than the curiosity factor, I think if you're happy with the results of Hyper-Comound, don't bother with M101.

If M101 worked better than HC, that would be a good reason to change.

I was happy with the PB SSR line until I tried PB PP and HC/HP pair.
- Before this I was happy M81 until I tried PB SSR line.
- Before this I was happy with Mothers Polish until I tried Megs M81.
Steve

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2016, 01:19:46 PM »
Other than the curiosity factor, I think if you're happy with the results of Hyper-Comound, don't bother with M101.

If M101 worked better than HC, that would be a good reason to change.

I was happy with the PB SSR line until I tried PB PP and HC/HP pair.
- Before this I was happy M81 until I tried PB SSR line.
- Before this I was happy with Mothers Polish until I tried Megs M81.

Time to move to M101 Steve. It's flat out awesome.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2016, 10:20:11 PM »
I only tried hyper compound on one vehicle 4ish years ago. I ran into the same issue as RR and the spray head would gum up. I can't even remember how well it worked to compare. I gave the HC to a friend to try shortly after and never asked for it back.

If tax time works our well for you, may be time to try M101!  :uugly:
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2016, 11:22:41 PM »

Wow, that much better than OPT Hypercompound ?

If you have used both side by side and have this opinion, I'm all in.

I learned my lesson getting opinions from others on the reflect polish.  It was really no different use & finish than the quarts of PB PP I have around when using it on a blue / red pad.
Steve

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2016, 11:49:39 PM »

I learned my lesson getting opinions from others on the reflect polish.  It was really no different use & finish than the quarts of PB PP I have around when using it on a blue / red pad.

Ok, I will offer my opinion again having used both.   I would like quote RockPick on this when he said.   "this isn't rocket science and there are multiple ways to skin a cat" 

That being said, once we find a few things that we like we stick with it,(we can push and pull a product with pad and machine combos to fit our needs) but there are times, at least for me that I have to be ready for anything and having tools for the right situation are the key for me.  Not all paint is equal.  Right?   

I wouldn't tell you to switch, I would advise you rather to try and see if it works for you and figure out if its a product needed for your arsenal.   

RR

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2016, 09:03:32 AM »

Ok, I will offer my opinion again having used both.   I would like quote RockPick on this when he said.   "this isn't rocket science and there are multiple ways to skin a cat" 

That being said, once we find a few things that we like we stick with it,(we can push and pull a product with pad and machine combos to fit our needs) but there are times, at least for me that I have to be ready for anything and having tools for the right situation are the key for me.  Not all paint is equal.  Right?   

I wouldn't tell you to switch, I would advise you rather to try and see if it works for you and figure out if its a product needed for your arsenal.   

RR

When it comes to purchasing the 1st bottle of a new product, what is the difference between switching and trying ? 
I am just trying to minimize how many bottles of product I purchase, and toss in the trash.

If I were to stick with the few things I used, that I thought worked well at the time, I never would have tried a Flex, MF pads, PB,  OPTor Menz products.
I would still be in the stone ages with M81 on dual 4" org foam pads on my cyclo, beating my head against the wall trying to remove defects while making a bigger mess of the job.

I have my share of products that got tossed for falling flat, and products that are in the "also ran" category that the hype surpassed the reality.
- I have a Bigfoot polisher sitting in the box in the basement waiting to be shipped to someone to try.  If you have a Flex already expect the Mckayla Olympic podium look on your face when you get done with it.   
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2016, 03:58:01 PM »
Maybe someone could throw a few ounces in a "test" bottle and ship it off to Steve? I would, but I'm pretty sure it would cost more in shipping from Canada then it's worth.

Steve, FWIW, I think it's a pretty great product. Having said that, I am still thinking about getting a bottle of M100 and trying it out. I see a lot of cutting benefit with MF pads and maybe a MF pad specific polish might "out shine" (get it... :funny:) M101 or M105.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

* Recent Photos

IMG_0033.JPG

Views: 4
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal