1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Did some work today  (Read 11829 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Did some work today
« on: March 26, 2016, 02:48:29 PM »
I got the F250 out of storage.   It has been months since a proper wash.   I also got to try some Meg's 101 on a couple if scratches.    Then I got after the cowl and trim with black wow....and of course some Meg's HD.

Need to come back with q-tips and fix this area

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: Did some work today
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 06:17:38 PM »
So JP, do you like the M101 better than M105? I actually tossed a half bottle of M105 out after going to the M101. So much less dust and pain!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 08:07:39 PM »
So JP, do you like the M101 better than M105? I actually tossed a half bottle of M105 out after going to the M101. So much less dust and pain!

Tom, its really hard to say,the scratches I had were in the Opti-Coat 2.0 so it took the 101 like 10 seconds or less to get them out.   I didn't do the whole panel, just 3 spots on the tail gate.   Then some Menzerna, then a quick wipe down and another fresh coat of Opti-Coat. 

I can tell I am going to like it, I used on a Blue Foam pad using the Flex.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 09:09:15 PM »
I love that paint! 

Can you please clean the cap of that 101...

And back to black wow... is that not one of the best smelling products ever?
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 09:40:22 PM »
I love that paint! 

Can you please clean the cap of that 101...

And back to black wow... is that not one of the best smelling products ever?

LOL, I did actually clean the cap off.   Thanks Mike, I am sorry I did the ol shameless thing but after inspecting this paint, I have so many new dings and marring that I gotta spend more time with it.  The new chips are chips...but the marring is in the Opti-Coat so I don't need a lot of correct, just a redo.   

I have learned that when I use Black Wow, I wear gloves.   I am pretty proud of this old gal.   I am gonna drive it for the next week.  Getting the cowl done was really helpful for my OCD ness.   it was looking very grey and I did pull the wiper arms and did them seperarely.  Only spent 3.5 hours on it.  But got a lot done.   Shame on me, I did black wow the bed caps without proper cleaning but even them being "tan" were starting to chalk up and look dull.    They look much better.  I will try to grab some photos with the sun gun on the new scratches.   The interior is also in serious need of attention.  Need to pull the GT Covers and spa treat the leather.   Just down to time...and lack there of it. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 09:46:36 PM »
Interior is a bigger pet peeve than the outside to me.  And mine is trashed from kids and dogs.  Dog drool all over the windows.  Still smells good though!
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2016, 10:24:52 PM »
Interior is a bigger pet peeve than the outside to me.  And mine is trashed from kids and dogs.  Dog drool all over the windows.  Still smells good though!

Be glad you don't have constano King Ranch leather with seat covers...you would consider another hobby.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 08:38:30 AM »

Be glad you don't have constano King Ranch leather with seat covers...you would consider another hobby.
But its so purdy! 

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 11:32:29 AM »
JP,

How does M101 compare to Hyper compound ?

I have a small bottle of M105 that I have 'just in case', but I have never had a need for it with OPT HC and an orange pad or OPT MF cutting pad. I have read the results of M105, and never felt the need to endure the mess.

Just curious if M101 is that much better than OPT HC ( pad for pad ).
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 01:33:43 PM »
I'm sure that after even a quick wash, that truck is one of the nicest examples of an '06 in existence!

I still keep the M105 around, but only use it if I cut it with Ultimate Compound. NO dusting.

I really like the M101, but for whatever it's worth I notice it's "gritty" feeling compared to M105. Also really pricey...
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 07:39:34 PM »
JP,

How does M101 compare to Hyper compound ?

I have a small bottle of M105 that I have 'just in case', but I have never had a need for it with OPT HC and an orange pad or OPT MF cutting pad. I have read the results of M105, and never felt the need to endure the mess.

Just curious if M101 is that much better than OPT HC ( pad for pad ).

Steve, it has been so long since I used Hyper Compound I don't think I could give it a fair comparison.    I can tell you that I did have the first gen Hyper Compound and the spray heads were a bear to work with I gave up on it. (I think they fixed it)  I would use it again b/c I did like the product.   The 105 is a dust maker, and to be very honest, I used the 101 for seriously like 20 seconds. I fixed 2 scratches that were in the opti coat.   (well, more like marring)  I was using the Soft Buff Blue soft polish pad.   

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 07:43:17 PM »
I'm sure that after even a quick wash, that truck is one of the nicest examples of an '06 in existence!

I still keep the M105 around, but only use it if I cut it with Ultimate Compound. NO dusting.

I really like the M101, but for whatever it's worth I notice it's "gritty" feeling compared to M105. Also really pricey...

Thanks man I drove it today and went to an egg hunt.  Had 2 people ask me about my truck.   One said, "I thought you had a jeep"  I said  "i do"  "so you got a new truck" ? 

He was shocked when I told him that it was an 06.   

Another guy said "is that a 14 or a 15"?   

Giggle. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 07:03:49 AM »

Thanks man I drove it today and went to an egg hunt.  Had 2 people ask me about my truck.   One said, "I thought you had a jeep"  I said  "i do"  "so you got a new truck" ? 

He was shocked when I told him that it was an 06.   

Another guy said "is that a 14 or a 15"?   

Giggle.

Kind of makes being OCD all worthwhile now doesn't it?

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2016, 07:57:15 AM »
Steve, it has been so long since I used Hyper Compound I don't think I could give it a fair comparison.    I can tell you that I did have the first gen Hyper Compound and the spray heads were a bear to work with I gave up on it. (I think they fixed it)  I would use it again b/c I did like the product.   The 105 is a dust maker, and to be very honest, I used the 101 for seriously like 20 seconds. I fixed 2 scratches that were in the opti coat.   (well, more like marring)  I was using the Soft Buff Blue soft polish pad.

After the 1st one I got, I purchase it in 64 oz jugs and transfer it to a dispenser bottle to use, so I cannot say how the spray heads work or worked long term. 

PB got me used to using dispenser bottles. 
I tried Polish w Carnauba with a spray head, after the hot water soak, and it worked OK.  I lost the spray head and just use the hot water now.

M101 is cheaper, but that does not tell me much.  I also have the Menz compound to work with.

Sounds like it is not head and shoulders about what I am using, so no need to dive into purchasing it.
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 12:00:51 PM »

After the 1st one I got, I purchase it in 64 oz jugs and transfer it to a dispenser bottle to use, so I cannot say how the spray heads work or worked long term. 

PB got me used to using dispenser bottles. 
I tried Polish w Carnauba with a spray head, after the hot water soak, and it worked OK.  I lost the spray head and just use the hot water now.

M101 is cheaper, but that does not tell me much.  I also have the Menz compound to work with.

Sounds like it is not head and shoulders about what I am using, so no need to dive into purchasing it.

Other than the curiosity factor, I think if you're happy with the results of Hyper-Comound, don't bother with M101.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal