1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: New Poorboy's Wax  (Read 14389 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
New Poorboy's Wax
« on: March 18, 2016, 04:03:37 PM »
Just thought I'd throw this out there.  Steve is releasing a new wax this weekend down at the Autogeek Detail Fest.  It's a black wax.  He's really happy with it.  He said it's unbelievable.  He is actually releasing 3 new products this weekend with more in the works.  Here is a shot of a 13 year old truck he personally had a hand in working on where the new Black wax is used.  I stole this from Facebook. 

So look for Poorboy's World to expand its lineup in the near future. 
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: New Poorboy's Wax
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 04:55:35 PM »
I'm simply going to have to get one of those palm trees for my front yard like Merlin's got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 05:53:03 PM »
It's funny.  I said to Steve when I talked to him that any paint reflecting a palm tree looks good to us northerners. 

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 08:00:15 PM »
Nattys Paste Wax Black

Liquid Nattys Red

NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT... LIQUID NATTY'S RED! We've had numerous requests to make a liquid version of the ultra high-gloss Natty's Red Paste Wax and now we've done it! Liquid Natty's Red is an amazing formula that may be used on all paint colors and brings a level of gloss, slickness, and shine of a paste wax. Think of Liquid Natty's Red as a paste wax in liquid form. This easy to use liquid car wax can be used by hand or machine in sun or shade. It is a wipe on, let haze, buff off product and is great as a topper or a standalone last step product. Making it's debut this weekend at Detail Fest and Poorboy's distributors across the world!

This is a lot of wax!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 11:14:52 PM »
caught these on FB too...that red liquid must be really popular to offer in 1 gallon.

Wish all the coatings around now, do we still need a "wax"  ?

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 08:47:44 AM »
I don't use coatings.  I don't know why.  I just don't.  I just prefer wax. 

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 08:59:16 AM »
With a coating on the paint, there is no need for wax.

I would take a SWAG ( maybe just a WAG, nothing scientific about it ) that < 30% of the vehicles, that people take care of, have a coating on them.

That might be a very high guess considering how many still do the turtle wax 2x per year.

It looks as if a fair amount use coating, but that is from our little corner of the world where we are OCD enough to no only do it, but also post about it with others.

Look at F150 OL.  I would say <10 members on there use coatings, and ~half of them are also members here.  The remainder still use some kind of LSP.
If there are only 100 that take care of their truck, that sample shows ~ 10% use coatings.

Myself, only the top of the cab, the cap and tailgate has a coating on it, the remainder I still play around with LSPs on.
- Power Lock for the winter. Over the summer I will switch up between PL and Natty's paste layered with Black hole to get a look.
Steve

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 10:55:28 AM »
I just polished (Meguiar's M205) then coated (C.A.R. Bullet Proof) the Tacoma yesterday. I'm pretty well sold on the stuff. It lasted all through the tough Rochester winter and was still on there by spring. I figured I'd take what was left off and replace it with a fresh coat. I really do like the way the stuff looks too. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 11:40:54 AM »
Tom... really?  You're not even going to follow your own "rules?" 

And not a single picture was posted...

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 01:14:29 PM »
Tom... really?  You're not even going to follow your own "rules?" 

And not a single picture was posted...

Well, first it's Toyota paint, so it's almost perfectly flat and shines like no tomorrow. Second, it shines even more after I spend some time working on it. Third, I drove the truck for a couple of hours this morning so its no longer clean. Finally, if I make the rules, I can break the rules.

Maybe I'll try to get a shot later after the sun goes down a little and I don't get blinded looking at it.  :funny:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2016, 01:18:38 PM »
You live in rochester, atleast give us a shot of the sun setting over the lake.  You can leave the Toyota out of it so you don't ruin the picture.

Editted for spelling.  Apparently I need to proofread from now on.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 03:09:08 PM by Kitzy »

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 02:34:21 PM »
Oh well, since you insisted:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2016, 03:10:31 PM »
That paint would look so good on a Ford or Chevy!  Haha.

Looks good, Tom!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2016, 08:14:40 PM »
I think I'm going to get a small bottle of the liquid red from Steve. It's been a while since I tried something new. Looks interesting and I like things you can apply "in the sun".

I personally like coatings for the winter time, but when summer comes I want to spend time on the paint more often. This means coatings aren't really needed as a decent sealant or even wax will last long enough before I get the itch to touch the paint again. Even though with the wee one this summer, we'll see how much time I actually get to spend on paint.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2016, 08:18:42 PM »
I think I'm going to get a small bottle of the liquid red from Steve. It's been a while since I tried something new. Looks interesting and I like things you can apply "in the sun".

I personally like coatings for the winter time, but when summer comes I want to spend time on the paint more often. This means coatings aren't really needed as a decent sealant or even wax will last long enough before I get the itch to touch the paint again. Even though with the wee one this summer, we'll see how much time I actually get to spend on paint.
Liquid blue is awesome.  One of the easiest on and off waxes I've ever used.  It created a lot of reflection rather than a deep pool.  It was unique in a way. 

* Recent Photos

IMG_8075.JPG

Views: 2
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal