1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: PC Guys - In need of new lap top  (Read 13682 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: PC Guys - In need of new lap top
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2016, 07:30:00 PM »
That "tree" actually reminds me of the one out front.  When you have a tree removed, the city makes you plant one in its place.  At least in residential areas like this one.  The replacement tree is going on probably 6 years or so and looks slightly better than yours.

Back on topic, I can't for the life of me find a refurbished laptop with the latest quad core I7.  I think they were released in September of 2015 so there have been plenty of time for people to return machines with them in it.  So it looks like I may end up buying new.  Leaning towards this one now.    Much of the same specs as the others except this one has a 17" screen.  While I prefer the portability of a 15.6", thebextra real estate would be nice for editting. 

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16834152951
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 10:16:56 PM »
Just an FYI, that was a broken twig I put in the ground for a photo.   It was a shameless way to get a laugh.

As for the laptop, I would say look at yugster and woot. 

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 10:19:36 PM »
That just makes my tree all the more shameful...
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2016, 10:34:42 AM »
So I did end up buying a laptop and it was a champ at editting a video.  Here is my first crack at it.  The song that goes along with it has cursing, just a heads up.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 10:36:50 AM by Kitzy »

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2016, 02:06:03 PM »
Great Vid! Now that looks like fun!

What program did you use to edit?
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2016, 07:19:40 PM »
Thanks!  It was definitely fun getting the footage but it was fun editting it too.  I used Power Director 13.  I'm sure there are better programs, maybe even easier, but it was relatively cheap and gets the job done.  Special features like transitions and stuff and title screens seem complicated.  I'm sure once I understand it though it will be easy.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2016, 07:56:25 PM »
Dude that is bad ass.    Nice job.    How many broken gopro mounts?   

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2016, 08:19:42 PM »
Dude that is bad ass.    Nice job.    How many broken gopro mounts?   

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Dude, none!  That Rzr was ROUGH on the go pro too.  Every time it hit something, it was mounted to the Rzr.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2016, 11:37:45 PM »
Thanks!  It was definitely fun getting the footage but it was fun editting it too.  I used Power Director 13.  I'm sure there are better programs, maybe even easier, but it was relatively cheap and gets the job done.  Special features like transitions and stuff and title screens seem complicated.  I'm sure once I understand it though it will be easy.

Cool, I'm trying to figure out what to try next. My pirated version of Final Cut Pro X no longer works since my last upgrade. Trying to figure out if just iMovie will cut it.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2016, 11:41:24 PM »

Cool, I'm trying to figure out what to try next. My pirated version of Final Cut Pro X no longer works since my last upgrade. Trying to figure out if just iMovie will cut it.
I have that same problem with photoshop.  It ls an old version and I can't get it to work.  I do not want to buy photoshop. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2016, 08:38:53 AM »

iMovie works for me.   i always have to tinker around with it before I start making something.   The one thing it says it can do is cut music to the length of the movie...never have been able to figure out how to make that actually work.   

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2016, 01:45:11 PM »

iMovie works for me.   i always have to tinker around with it before I start making something.   The one thing it says it can do is cut music to the length of the movie...never have been able to figure out how to make that actually work.

I may give iMovie a shot then as I don't need anything super fancy. Does it "reset" all the setting before every time you try and edit a new movie?

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2016, 07:46:24 PM »
For whatever it's worth, PowerDirector 13 Ultimate is $44 on Amazon.  PowerDirector 14 Ultimate is $69.  Its pretty inexpensive.  13 Ultimate is what I'm using.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2016, 11:43:57 AM »
Cool and it looks like it can work with Mac.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2016, 06:08:26 PM »
You would think the iMovie comment would have tipped me off but somehow want in one ear and out the other.  Didn't even realize you were using a Mac. 

* Recent Photos

IMG_5126.JPG

Views: 1
By: hwm3

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal