April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Got the Jeep washed up  (Read 7268 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Got the Jeep washed up
« on: February 18, 2016, 11:10:02 PM »
Man.   After months.   I got around to a good bath for the Jeep.    She is still due for a deeper clean but with temps as they are right now... Best I could do.  I ended up taking the doors off, will put them back on Sat afternoon.   Cold front is coming through.  Ya'll will prob notice that I took off the 52 light bar.   

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 11:12:00 PM by Rollingrock »
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Got the Jeep washed up
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 11:37:22 PM »
Holy shiny tires!

Missing the 52 yet? Couldn't mount it any different? It was a noise issue, corrrect?

I pressure washed my truck today.  It didn't even out a dent in the dirt.  Hasn't been washed in maybe 6 months.  I love only had it in my possession maybe 3 days out of the last two months.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 12:06:45 AM »
Holy shiny tires!

Missing the 52 yet? Couldn't mount it any different? It was a noise issue, corrrect?

I pressure washed my truck today.  It didn't even out a dent in the dirt.  Hasn't been washed in maybe 6 months.  I love only had it in my possession maybe 3 days out of the last two months.

yeah the HD 4:1 was still a little wet.   LOL.    As for the light bar.  the loss in MPG's and ability to have a phone call at 65 mph+ made me take it off.  I haven't needed it since I took it off.  The hood light bar is good enough.   And to be honest, it may be the next thing to take off...but I have to say I have used it to let me people know that I didn't like them pulling out in front of me.    It is a nice little reminder of not to be an ass hole. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 12:08:02 AM »
Oh and BTW, Pepper badges have come off.   Jeep is still "Pepper" but no more stickers about it. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 03:15:43 PM »
Looks good! There has been a crack down on roof mounted light bars around here. In Canada, "Off-road" light bars need to be covered on any roads/highways. Obviously, most don't cover them and are getting slapped with a $300 fine! You would think the cops would have something better to do.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 05:06:46 PM »
Looks good! There has been a crack down on roof mounted light bars around here. In Canada, "Off-road" light bars need to be covered on any roads/highways. Obviously, most don't cover them and are getting slapped with a $300 fine! You would think the cops would have something better to do.

Wow that sucks.  Well, someone could capitalize on that and make a universal black out cover for them.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 09:29:15 PM »
I think I'd try to figure out some electronic way to flip a cover up and down over the light so I could do it from inside the vehicle.  Loop holes. 
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 12:33:18 AM »

Wow that sucks.  Well, someone could capitalize on that and make a universal black out cover for them.

It would be a great idea. Right now, it seems like you have to buy 8-10" section covers and snap them over.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2016, 12:43:00 AM »

It would be a great idea. Right now, it seems like you have to buy 8-10" section covers and snap them over.

I have seen them but like you mentioned, only in sections.  I'd like the green covers for my hood bar.   I don't miss my 52".   I feel like I was one of the early guys to have them.   Since I took mine off, I am seeing less and less of them.  I am pretty sure they are taking them off b/c I did.    :funny:

* Recent Photos

hanger2.jpg

Views: 2
By: hwm3

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal