General Category > The Soap Box

My absense explained.

(1/4) > >>

Rollingrock:
Cafe members.

I wanted to take a few moments of your time and let you know of some issues I have been dealing with over the past 2 years.

My story goes back to March of 2014.   I had a heck of a run at my job in 2013 and was dealt a hand in early 2014 I knew was not obtainable so I decided to take a run at a start up software company.  It was GREAT for the 7 months it lasted, it folded and I was stuck with no job for 3 months then was able to get onboard with what I thought was a good gig.  It was different than i was used to, a very small company, only 105 people and it was hard work, really hard.  Like it become my life, totally consumed and by that I mean everyday was 10-14 hours with very odd hours b/c it was an international role.   My day started at 6 am, dealing with Western Europe, then a lunch break of 30 min or so around 1pm then domestic work until 6 pm....then I got to say hi to my kids and wife, come out of my office (office from home) then I would do a few things and be back at work around 8 pm while Australia and Asia got going the day ahead...that would go until around 2 am then I would hit the bed and wake up and start it all over again.   My weekends have been short b/c my work week started at 8 pm on Sundays.   

That all being said, due to a massive internal error by our accounting team, I was not paid for Q3 and Q4 of my bonus. which is a major part of my income.   

All my friends said, get a new job, you can do better but it has been hard, the market isn't great for what I do but about a month ago, I started a process of new job and I got it.  I got an offer today and I accepted.   It's with a public company and I have a chance to fight back and get back in the game, and most importantly, take care of my family and be with them at "normal" times.   

So I know the CAFE has been a lot slow and I thank each and every one of you for being here, I am so incredibly sorry for not being more active.   Most of us haven't met but I consider you family and your family I want to get back to.   I am hopeful I will slowly get my life back.  In the background I have been backfilling my detailing products with fresh supply and new stuff and ready to get after it as time permits.  I don't know how much that is yet b/c I haven't even resigned from my job yet.  I hope to do that on Thursday.   

My post here is both an apology and a thank you.   Sorry for being very distant.  Thanks for sticking with us.  Love you all like family. 

Rollingrock.    AKA   Jason

GreyMichFX4:
JP, first of all congratulations on the new job! :cheers:

I can't speak for all us just myself so here goes. While we are a family here you have absolutely nothing to apologize for you were taking care of you're family the best way you could with the hand you were dealt. We are a family and we will be here as long the lights are on. Thank you for giving us a place to come laugh, harass each other, vent, and embrace our OCD nature.

I for one can't wait to see what amazing details you turn out whe life eventually gets back to normal.

Welcome back!

Too Stroked:
JP,

I think Dave already said it very well, but congrats on the new job! And as for apologizing to us, you certainly don't have to. All of us have lives and the internet doesn't have to know about everything that goes on behind the scenes. (Unless you're addicted to Facebook of course.)

The good thing is that you sound like you're happy with the new tack your life has taken and you'll finally have time for your family again. What could possibly be better than that!

Tom

Kitzy:
Welcome back! To normal life that is.  Good for you on handling business and taking care of your family.  Got your priorities right!  Your life sure has been a roller coaster. 

sscully:
Congrats on the new gig.  Glad to hear it is going to get better in short order.

Does your current place have a zero tolerance policy ?

My last place was zero tolerance,  to the point they hack you off that min, you don't even finish the day out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version