* Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: 2009 Ski-doo 800 xp once over  (Read 18730 times)

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: 2009 Ski-doo 800 xp once over
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2015, 05:37:19 PM »
Now all you need is, um, snow!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2015, 10:48:54 PM »
I spent a bit of time on the side panels. I wanted to chop up the decals a little bit and make it look a little cleaner. I do hope to wrap it sometime in the future, but for now this is free!

Once I pulled decals, the panels were cleaned up with Opti Power Clean 3:1 and then hit with Meguair's Ultimate Black Trim restorer. I like it because it "dries".

Panels before

"trimmed" panel on the right

After all said and done

Overall, I am happy with the results. Hopefully I can get to the hood in the next couple of days.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2015, 11:14:43 PM »
Is there a reason you did not use OptiCoat on the side panels ?

It normally darkens the black plastic a bit.  I just polished and OptiCoated ( used the end of an OptiLens ) the power room garbage can, it looks better than new now.
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2015, 03:00:27 PM »
I was thinking about it, but wasn't sure if it was really worth it. Since it's a pretty heavily textured plastic, I like it to have some shine.

I am thinking about using OC on the "shiney" white plastic though. It would be better than Powerlock I would think.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2015, 07:24:52 PM »
Wait,  now we are detailing garbage cans?

Sled looks great!

Ummm,  pics of garbage can?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2015, 11:11:19 PM »
...<snip>...

That is about all I can detail right now with work load and weather.

Clean plastic with PB APC and parts brush. 
PB ProPolish by hand on white then blue foam on white metal parts.
GG Pre Wax cleaner to make sure the surface was clean.
OptiLens application

Finished product.

OPT OptiLens darkened up the plastic nice.  Matt finish on it before and after.
Steve

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2015, 11:13:44 PM »
I was thinking about it, but wasn't sure if it was really worth it. Since it's a pretty heavily textured plastic, I like it to have some shine.

I am thinking about using OC on the "shiney" white plastic though. It would be better than Powerlock I would think.

The textured plastic would not have a shine to it, but it would bring out the color pretty well, and it would stay that way.

I think the sled would be a great use case for OC.  It is not as if you are going to be stopping and detailing it mid season.
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2015, 08:16:20 PM »
...<snip>...

That is about all I can detail right now with work load and weather.

Clean plastic with PB APC and parts brush. 
PB ProPolish by hand on white then blue foam on white metal parts.
GG Pre Wax cleaner to make sure the surface was clean.
OptiLens application

Finished product.

OPT OptiLens darkened up the plastic nice.  Matt finish on it before and after.

Ok,  be honest...  You had that picture waiting,  ready to be posted didn't you?   I was 72% kidding when I asked for a picture.   On a side note though,  the only thing I ever found to get the rubber trim around side windows to look good enough for my liking has been OptiSeal.   Still one of my favorite products.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2015, 06:58:01 AM »
Ok,  be honest...  You had that picture waiting,  ready to be posted didn't you?   I was 72% kidding when I asked for a picture.   On a side note though,  the only thing I ever found to get the rubber trim around side windows to look good enough for my liking has been OptiSeal.   Still one of my favorite products.

I read your post and got up to take the picture. 

Now you tell me you tell me you were kidding.  I had to walk ~20 feet round trip to take that picture, I even had to open a cabinet to pick up the camera.  Uhhgg what a nightmare, pressing the button on the camera to auto focus it. Ouchie, it hurts.
:funny:
Mrs asked where I was going, I said someone wants a picture of the garbage can.  she asked who, I told her the cafe guy I swap weight lifting info with.  She knows it was you that asked for it. :redneck:

Back to the topic, OC is also one of the only things I have found that works well on plastic and rubber trim.  I use very little PB Natural Look for plastic and rubber on my vehicles anymore.
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2015, 03:56:55 PM »
Thanks for posting up the pic Steve, it gave me a laugh during a pretty tough week. :cheers:

I will give OC a shot on the other plastics and see if I like it. At the very least the windshield and shiny white plastic will get OC.

I'm going to attempt the interior on the Edge tonight, so the sled may get looked at this weekend.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2015, 08:27:49 PM »

Now you tell me you tell me you were kidding.  I had to walk ~20 feet round trip to take that picture, I even had to open a cabinet to pick up the camera.  Uhhgg what a nightmare, pressing the button on the camera to auto focus it. Ouchie, it hurts.
Mrs asked where I was going, I said someone wants a picture of the garbage can.  she asked who, I told her the cafe guy I swap weight lifting info with.  She knows it was you that asked for it. :redneck:

Back to the topic, OC is also one of the only things I have found that works well on plastic and rubber trim.  I use very little PB Natural Look for plastic and rubber on my vehicles anymore.
Haha you have a way of making a guy feel a little creepy.   

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2015, 10:52:58 PM »

Haha you have a way of making a guy feel a little creepy.   

She knows well the OCD nature of the Cafe. 
Heck she saw me prepping the tiller and the snow blower when there was going to be a a what did you detail, that should not be detailed thread some time back.
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2015, 10:20:50 PM »
Made the drive to get the sled out to my Uncles. It was a beautiful day to drive through the mountains.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2015, 10:23:26 PM »
That's incredible!  Very jealous!

* Recent Photos

t

Views: 7
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal