1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: My experience with Megs DA MF system  (Read 4619 times)

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
My experience with Megs DA MF system
« on: June 25, 2015, 10:39:08 AM »
Hey fellas. A while back I reached out to J for some advice on new products to try on a couple of friends trucks. In the end I decided to try out the DA MF system. Here's my take (I'll add pictures later from my laptop.)

The first two vehicles I did were a 2012 and a 2006 Chevy 1500. The '12 was in decent shape but neglected and had some pretty decent woods scratches. The '06 was worse but not by much. Overall the system worked pretty good on Chevy paint, but the '12 was definitely harder. I ended up using the DMX discs with compound. Even with the DMX I didn't need to use the polish, but I did anyway. So, major props to Megs for making a product that leaves an LSP ready surface after correction. Both customers were really happy. I was a little disappointed but happy they were happy.

Fast forward a few weeks and I knocked out our 2009 Rabbit. Other than annual clay/LSP, this car hasn't had any love. It's got some serious water spots, some bird crap stains, a fair number of scratches, etc. VW paint is really hard so the swirls were pretty minor really given its history. I used the DMX pads again, followed by polish and sealed with EX-P. On the VW, it barely scratched the surface of correction. Water spots were mostly eliminated, some of the swirls went away and the bird droppings remained. The paint really needs a rotary and a professional I think.

Overall, I think it's a good product line if the vehicle hasn't been abused for years like the 3 I tried it on.

Sorry for the lack of pics right now but I'll put some up later today.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: My experience with Megs DA MF system
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 05:42:30 PM »
Nice post Tony. Did you clean the pads regularly? Those microfiber pads need constant cleaning or they fill right up with crap and don't work.

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
Re: My experience with Megs DA MF system
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 08:51:03 AM »
Nice post Tony. Did you clean the pads regularly? Those microfiber pads need constant cleaning or they fill right up with crap and don't work.

Sure did, Tom. I used a brush for the trucks and my compressor on the car.

Sorry for the lack of pics still. Moving in like 5 days. Still working on getting them uploaded though!

* Recent Photos

IMG_2488.JPG

Views: 1
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal