* Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Slowly breaking everything - 2014 F-150  (Read 358697 times)

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: Slowly breaking everything - 2014 F-150
« Reply #1200 on: October 29, 2020, 06:52:38 PM »
Be careful there Tom! We are currently planning a family re-union in Gatineau and that's not very far away from you...

I'm family, right? Gatineau? Hmmm, never heard of it. I guess you'll just have to send me tickets.  :funny:

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #1201 on: October 29, 2020, 10:36:19 PM »
Found a INSANE deal last night on a nice upgrade for the truck. I'll post more shortly.
Hahahahahaha.  But, but, but honey, it was on sale!

Definitely intrigued though. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Full set of 2.5’s for $1200 that are in great shape. My rear 2.0’s are already sold and I’ll resell the fronts for a very easy $1000. Kid needed money, I was happy to give it to him, lol.

The rears are more than $1600 here, I hope that these end up costing me $100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #1202 on: October 30, 2020, 12:28:51 AM »
Be careful there Tom! We are currently planning a family re-union in Gatineau and that's not very far away from you...

I'm family, right? Gatineau? Hmmm, never heard of it. I guess you'll just have to send me tickets.  :funny:

Gatinaeu is on the Quebec side of Ottawa. About 3 hours or so away from you.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #1203 on: October 30, 2020, 05:25:05 AM »
Found a INSANE deal last night on a nice upgrade for the truck. I'll post more shortly.
Hahahahahaha.  But, but, but honey, it was on sale!

Definitely intrigued though. 

Full set of 2.5’s for $1200 that are in great shape. My rear 2.0’s are already sold and I’ll resell the fronts for a very easy $1000. Kid needed money, I was happy to give it to him, lol.

The rears are more than $1600 here, I hope that these end up costing me $100.

Sweet!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #1204 on: October 30, 2020, 05:22:21 PM »
Well I guess she can't be too mad about that.  That's pretty cool.  Nice snag!

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #1205 on: October 30, 2020, 11:18:06 PM »
Nah, she’s fine with it. My original 2.5’s are sold, just gotta pull them off. I have 650# springs going on the ones I just bought so
I can just swap them out.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #1206 on: November 20, 2020, 12:59:20 AM »
All the tools to rebuild the shocks are here, just need to get the nitrogen tank back from being filled up. We are going to head east this weekend to visit my Dad. We have been putting it off, but he really needs some help around the house and it will be great to just get away from our house.

So the truck is back in full "road warrior" state. Skids back on, 2.5's installed in the rear (I'll have to pull to rebuild at a later time I guess.

Mike is gonna love this, but looks like I may be getting some "upgrades" with some sponsorship help in the spring. Bigger Turbos, Injectors and Manifolds. We are projecting 750whp... These haven't been released yet, so I'll be one of the very first to get the manifolds and Turbos when they are out.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #1207 on: November 20, 2020, 08:07:37 AM »
All the tools to rebuild the shocks are here, just need to get the nitrogen tank back from being filled up. We are going to head east this weekend to visit my Dad. We have been putting it off, but he really needs some help around the house and it will be great to just get away from our house.

So the truck is back in full "road warrior" state. Skids back on, 2.5's installed in the rear (I'll have to pull to rebuild at a later time I guess.

Mike is gonna love this, but looks like I may be getting some "upgrades" with some sponsorship help in the spring. Bigger Turbos, Injectors and Manifolds. We are projecting 750whp... These haven't been released yet, so I'll be one of the very first to get the manifolds and Turbos when they are out.
That is exciting!  What happened with the bumper?  You know, you’re last impulse buy after yo unsaid you were done.  Haha

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #1208 on: November 20, 2020, 03:44:29 PM »

Did you find a transmission sponsor too?  :funny:

That thing's gonna rip!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #1209 on: November 20, 2020, 04:32:16 PM »

That is exciting!  What happened with the bumper?  You know, you’re last impulse buy after yo unsaid you were done.  Haha

The bumper needed way too much work to fit. It was too wide, main mounts were wrong and there was no mount for the upper bumper.

Sold it to a friend for what I paid and helped him install.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #1210 on: November 20, 2020, 04:35:54 PM »

Did you find a transmission sponsor too?  :funny:

That thing's gonna rip!
I’ve become my own sponsor, lol. I now have to upgraded spares.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #1211 on: December 16, 2020, 09:24:36 PM »
Got around to rebuilding the front coilovers. The way the bottom mount is put together, makes these a pain to get apart and work on. It took a 10ton press to get the wishbone out of the lower mount.
I also swapped in slightly heavier springs at the same time.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #1212 on: December 17, 2020, 01:36:59 PM »
Wow, that must be kind of like working on a ticking time bomb! How bad were the shocks once you took them apart?

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #1213 on: December 17, 2020, 01:54:29 PM »
Honestly, they probably didn't even need the rebuild. Oil was in perfect shape and the charge was still at 200psi when I checked. Since the goal was to put on the bigger springs, I figured they should be rebuilt at the same time. I also added a touch of valving to the rebound side to compensate for the bigger spring, I just hope I didn't do too much and have a really slow rebound issue. Just that this bottom mount is a really stupid design for a rebuildable shock. Also going to a slightly heavier weight oil, so that should help too.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #1214 on: December 21, 2020, 08:55:18 PM »
They were put in last night and went for a little run. The heavier springs are smoother running than the previous ones with the preload cranked up. I need to adjust the preload a little, but the height is within a 1/4” of what it was before.

https://youtu.be/lKbnznxfKKA

* Recent Photos

IMG_0479.JPG

Views: 1
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards