March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Slowly breaking everything - 2014 F-150  (Read 358334 times)

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Re: Slowly breaking everything - 2014 F-150
« Reply #990 on: January 03, 2020, 11:27:47 PM »
Geez, I totally missed that! 

How are you liking it??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #991 on: January 04, 2020, 07:44:34 AM »

How are you liking it??!

It's all good.  Unless you've seen me with it in person, no one knew.  I just never said anything on Facebook or anything.  Jason was the only one who knew. 

I love it.  The GMC really rode like a tank.  I wanted more power too.  This got me back in to a warranty as well.  The GMC had 90k on the clock so it was just about out.  I also needed to put roughly $2500 in to it to keep it on the road.  All normal maintenance and stuff, just all at once.  Tires were shot, brakes all around including rotors, fuel filter, oil change, inspection and registration.  All at the same time.  Or put a little money down on something that already has that and get more power, less mileage, better riding truck with a warranty.  Same payment.  Only down side is I lost some of the high end amenities because I couldn't afford a similar trim level. 

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #992 on: January 04, 2020, 08:57:46 AM »

How are you liking it??!

It's all good.  Unless you've seen me with it in person, no one knew.  I just never said anything on Facebook or anything.  Jason was the only one who knew. 

I love it.  The GMC really rode like a tank.  I wanted more power too.  This got me back in to a warranty as well.  The GMC had 90k on the clock so it was just about out.  I also needed to put roughly $2500 in to it to keep it on the road.  All normal maintenance and stuff, just all at once.  Tires were shot, brakes all around including rotors, fuel filter, oil change, inspection and registration.  All at the same time.  Or put a little money down on something that already has that and get more power, less mileage, better riding truck with a warranty.  Same payment.  Only down side is I lost some of the high end amenities because I couldn't afford a similar trim level. 

Ok, add me to the list of folks that apparently missed the hints. (I did think something was a bit fishy though.) Glad you like the new truck! I really like the way those new Super Duty Fords look. And as for the 6.7 diesel, they're torque monsters but sound like a (quiet) gas V8.

I've been toying with getting something new since the Tacoma is about to turn 100,000 miles. But since nothing is wrong with it and the darn things are known to run 200,000+, maybe I'll hang onto it for a little longer. And yes, my frame has been undercoated since new, inspected (and coated) by Toyota, and warrantied for 12 years from the date of purchase - just in case you're wondering.

Oh, and as is tradition here, pics or it never happened!  :redneck:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 09:42:05 AM by Too Stroked »

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #993 on: January 04, 2020, 12:50:44 PM »

How are you liking it??!

Oh, and as is tradition here, pics or it never happened!  :redneck:

Yeah yeah...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #994 on: January 05, 2020, 05:42:22 PM »
Mishimoto Coolant tank in. I just so happens that the OEM quick connect just started to seep. This tank eliminates it, so that is nice.

Nicely made piece.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #995 on: January 05, 2020, 05:49:05 PM »
Wait, is that the radiator overflow tank?  That's probably the nicest tank I've seen and probably the last thing I ever would have thought to replace. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #996 on: January 05, 2020, 05:55:14 PM »
Yup, it’s for coolant. Way nicer looking that the yellowed white plastic one I took out.

You have to cut the airbox off of the coolant tank. The really purpose for putting this is in, is to see if I can get a new style airbox in that might match up better to the turbo pipes I put in. The new style airbox isn’t attached to the coolant tank.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #997 on: January 23, 2020, 11:39:28 PM »
I’ve been on the road for the last two weeks, but hope to be home for a few weeks now and get back to enjoying the truck.

I have permission to start saving for a 4” lift and front elocker. I have gone back and forth on a lift for a long time, but think it’s more warranted now that I’ve found some nice areas close by to explore.

Who knows, I may save up thee dough and then blow it on a drone, lol.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #998 on: January 25, 2020, 06:25:17 PM »
I'm currently saving up for a good camera.  I'm sure by the time I have enough I'll blow it on something else.  Haha.  So I know the feeling.  Looking forward to the lift when the time comes though.  Which kit are you looking at? 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #999 on: January 25, 2020, 06:52:40 PM »
I think I would go with a BDS kit. I already have the coil-overs, so I would do it with the spacing blocks.

I’ve been doing some research and the elocker may not be the smartest choice with this front end. They put a lot of stress on things and may break stuff. I don’t bear my vehicles and would probably be fine, but may see what there are for options in a LSD or True-trac style.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #1000 on: January 26, 2020, 02:55:22 PM »
I think I would go with a BDS kit. I already have the coil-overs, so I would do it with the spacing blocks.

I’ve been doing some research and the elocker may not be the smartest choice with this front end. They put a lot of stress on things and may break stuff. I don’t bear my vehicles and would probably be fine, but may see what there are for options in a LSD or True-trac style.

From everything I've heard, a true locker isn't a good idea unless you're doing some really serious off-roading or rock crawling for exactly the reasons you mentioned. It's real tough on universal joints, axle shafts, transfer cases, etc. Probably not a good idea given the kind of off-roading you do.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 04:34:04 PM by Too Stroked »

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #1001 on: January 26, 2020, 03:13:15 PM »
I think you just need a set of Trax for it.  I know your addiction to wheels and tires, that's sort of wheels and tires. 

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #1002 on: January 26, 2020, 06:29:21 PM »

From everything I've heard, a true locker isn't a good idea unless you're doing some really serious off-roading or rock crawling for exactly the reasons you mentioned. It's real tough on universal joints, axle shafts, transfer cases, etc. Probably not a good idea given the kind of off-roading you do.

I found out that I can get a Torsen from Ford Performance. I’ll find out my cost and see if it makes sense. I think it would help as I had a lot of “3 wheel drive” last time I was out.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #1003 on: January 26, 2020, 06:31:44 PM »
I think you just need a set of Trax for it.  I know your addiction to wheels and tires, that's sort of wheels and tires. 

I am always keeping a look out for tracks, more for fun than anything else. They would be a royal pain to put on to use and are crazy expensive.

Right now, the plan to sell the OEM 20’s and Nitto 420’s in favor if lighter wheels and slightly larger tires.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #1004 on: January 26, 2020, 07:49:41 PM »

I am always keeping a look out for tracks, more for fun than anything else. They would be a royal pain to put on to use and are crazy expensive.

Right now, the plan to sell the OEM 20’s and Nitto 420’s in favor if lighter wheels and slightly larger tires.

Man, if I still had an F-150 ...

* Recent Photos

t

Views: 7
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal