March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Slowly breaking everything - 2014 F-150  (Read 358403 times)

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: Slowly breaking everything - 2014 F-150
« Reply #630 on: December 15, 2018, 09:22:55 PM »
What google said.
Gloss-Coat has greater gloss and slickness and up to 2 years durability - 2.0 was more durable but had less gloss. Gloss-Coat is easy to apply with fewer high spot issues, can be topped with wax or sealants, and 10 mls can cover up to 2 vehicles.
That sounds about right. Glad you liked the stuff. I did the Taco today. If I get time, I'll post some pics tomorrow. It came out great. Then again, I'm about to put over 3,000 miles on it.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #631 on: December 16, 2018, 11:44:58 AM »
What google said.
Gloss-Coat has greater gloss and slickness and up to 2 years durability - 2.0 was more durable but had less gloss. Gloss-Coat is easy to apply with fewer high spot issues, can be topped with wax or sealants, and 10 mls can cover up to 2 vehicles.
That sounds about right. Glad you liked the stuff. I did the Taco today. If I get time, I'll post some pics tomorrow. It came out great. Then again, I'm about to put over 3,000 miles on it.

Drive Safe!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #632 on: December 16, 2018, 11:57:54 AM »
What google said.

Drive Safe!!!

When I first read that, I thought he was finally going to hit 3,000 miles.  I thought, "Man, he really is one of those old people.  Only goes for groceries and out for Sunday drives."

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #633 on: December 16, 2018, 11:59:01 AM »
Truck is looking good, Ryan.  I have to say though, I'd much rather see it running and out in the sticks somewhere getting dirty than in your garage getting cleaned up.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #634 on: December 16, 2018, 12:01:39 PM »
Truck is looking good, Ryan.  I have to say though, I'd much rather see it running and out in the sticks somewhere getting dirty than in your garage getting cleaned up.

You and me both! I’ll probably keep it pretty babied through the winter to keep salt exposure down. But I do have two fun exploring trips planned for this summer.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #635 on: December 16, 2018, 06:22:53 PM »
What google said.

Drive Safe!!!

When I first read that, I thought he was finally going to hit 3,000 miles.  I thought, "Man, he really is one of those old people.  Only goes for groceries and out for Sunday drives."

Believe it or not, the Tacoma has almost 75,000 miles in it. The Toaster is at just under 110,000 miles on it. And no, most of those miles were not put on with my left blinker on!  :om:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 06:33:58 AM by Too Stroked »

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #636 on: December 16, 2018, 07:45:45 PM »
Nah, lots left! Does anyone know if this is different from Opti-Coat 2.0? Sure seemed easier to apply.
Here is what's left
https://i.imgur.com/UUcv8VQ.jpg

I will agree with the less high spot issues with Gloss Coat, but it was as bad as some made it out to be.  Very rarely went back after flashing it with the air hose with the OC 2.0 formula.

I also found it easier to dispense with a 19Ga blunt luer tip on the syringe instead of the henna luer dispensing tip that is sent with it.

Steve

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #637 on: December 17, 2018, 10:51:04 PM »
Nah, lots left! Does anyone know if this is different from Opti-Coat 2.0? Sure seemed easier to apply.
Here is what's left

I will agree with the less high spot issues with Gloss Coat, but it was as bad as some made it out to be.  Very rarely went back after flashing it with the air hose with the OC 2.0 formula.

I also found it easier to dispense with a 19Ga blunt luer tip on the syringe instead of the henna luer dispensing tip that is sent with it.

Interesting Steve....I always fear I have to hammer down on the plunger to get product out....then sometimes, I spray that chit everywhere.  Had to quickly spread some product out on a qtr panel once......once.   

Where does one get those fancy tip thing a ma giggers?   No science or molecular properties big word talk, just a interwebs link....LOL

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #638 on: December 18, 2018, 06:28:49 AM »
Here is what's left

Interesting Steve....I always fear I have to hammer down on the plunger to get product out....then sometimes, I spray that chit everywhere.  Had to quickly spread some product out on a qtr panel once......once.   

Where does one get those fancy tip thing a ma giggers?   No science or molecular properties big word talk, just a interwebs link....LOL

I too struggled with the urge to press down on the plunger and thus splatter product all over the place. One of the videos I watched on how to apply it had a great hint. Just tap the plunger instead of trying to push it in. Tapping it gives you droplets of the product on the applicator and that works just great.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #639 on: December 18, 2018, 08:17:47 AM »
TS, We must have seen the same video as that's what I learned to do. It seems to work OK for me, but I like Steve's idea.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #640 on: December 18, 2018, 08:57:27 AM »

One word, and it is not big : Amazon.
 :redneck:

There are multiple gauges, I found this size works best for me. 
If you are going with the tap method, I don't know if you should go with a larger or smaller gauge

You can also get a 5ml or 1ml syringe and a luer lock to luer lock coupler and pull product out of the larger syringe if you are worried about getting too much product out.

The 1/2" tip dispensing needles are fulfilled by Amazon and qualify for my smiles donation to Wounded Warrior Project. :clap:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 09:01:19 AM by sscully »
Steve

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #641 on: December 18, 2018, 09:04:28 AM »
I can tell you that I didn't use as much as they did during this video!
https://youtu.be/ctFtza_jGxs

I got a chance to watch this last night.  The Mrs was laughing her ass off at me yelling at the video.
That guy worked for OPT. :wow:

I saw at least 3 mistakes, one being how much product he used on that front fender.
- I wonder if he had someone else clean that fender off and fix what he did to it...
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #642 on: December 18, 2018, 12:34:11 PM »

I got a chance to watch this last night.  The Mrs was laughing her ass off at me yelling at the video.

I saw at least 3 mistakes, one being how much product he used on that front fender.
- I wonder if he had someone else clean that fender off and fix what he did to it...

Yeah, when he was applying to the applicator, I was saying "STOP!".  :redneck:

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #643 on: December 18, 2018, 07:11:15 PM »

Yeah, when he was applying to the applicator, I was saying "STOP!".  :redneck:

'saying' STOP,  that is a nice way of putting it.
- I bet your volume was a loud as mine and I was yelling the same exact phrase.
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #644 on: December 19, 2018, 10:37:30 PM »
Two very important boxes of parts are scheduled to arrive tomorrow! Should be enough stuff to get this show on the road!

* Recent Photos

IMG_3669.JPG

Views: 1
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal