General Category > General Discussion

Slowly breaking everything - 2014 F-150

<< < (184/297) > >>

Blown F-150:
The truck has been hitting a odd "breaking point" when we try to push a ton of boost. Looks like after some testing that we are beyond the efficiency point of the turbos. We were way off on what we thought we could push for boost with the headwork.

So this last week has been spent doing data logging and tune revisions to find the sweet spot. looks to be right at 17.8 psi. So now we just see how much timing we can add and dial in the shifting for the boost changes. I would really like to get the truck back on the Dyno in September for some numbers, but we will see how funds are. Heather is now on Maternity leave for the next 8 months, so budget will be locked right down. I may be able to sell some of my extra parts for funds, but kinda want to use that to buy a Drone.

While the wee one was napping today, I managed to do a decent detail on the interior, I just ran out of time before i could get to the glass.

Blown F-150:
Looks like we are on the right track and the truck is pulling like a freight train. 0-60 is right around 5.5 seconds and ariflow and timing look like the truck should be making right around the 500whp mark.

I need to sell some of my extra parts to fund another Dyno trip, so it may be a few weeks before that happens.

Pics to come shortly, installing a Ethanol sensor to see e-content of the gas and putting in RIGID radiance lights as Fog lights.

Kitzy:

--- Quote from: Blown F-150 on August 21, 2019, 06:55:26 AM ---Looks like we are on the right track and the truck is pulling like a freight train. 0-60 is right around 5.5 seconds and ariflow and timing look like the truck should be making right around the 500whp mark.

I need to sell some of my extra parts to fund another Dyno trip, so it may be a few weeks before that happens.

Pics to come shortly, installing a Ethanol sensor to see e-content of the gas and putting in RIGID radiance lights as Fog lights.

--- End quote ---
I looked in to those radiance lights.  They look neat but didn't put out enough light for what I wanted. 

Glad the truck is getting figured out.  I can't imagine you have much time to spend on it lately

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Blown F-150:
I agree, they certainly aren't the most powerful cubes, but I saw a set on a friends truck and they put out considerably more than the Morimoto XB's I have right now (they died last week). I found them brand new on a local classifieds for $100, so I couldn't pass them up.

Time is at a premium these days for sure. It's been tough to find time to get stuff done and I'll have to take some days off. I need to build a wall for my office to close it off and get a bunch of stuff around the house done. I also really want to get the X5 detailed and clean up some scratches from trail running with the truck.

Kitzy:
Can't beat that price.  I would have jumped on them as well.  They look so good.  And apparently you have a need for them.  Haha

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version