General Category > General Discussion

Slowly breaking everything - 2014 F-150

(1/296) > >>

Blown F-150:
I had hoped to have at least 50 pictures and 5 threads of the new truck posted up by now, but life happened. :uugly:

I haven't even properly washed it yet as I have been on the road for the last two weeks. When I returned, my level kit was waiting patiently for me, so I decided to get in done yesterday after work. pretty straight-forward job with no surprises. I ended up doing a 2" level on the front and leaving the rear stock. I have blocks that would raise the rear 1.5" from where it sits now, but I figure that would give it too much rake for my liking. I'll have to set up an appointment to get it re-aligned as I am sure it needs it.

Before and after the level in the same spot (although, it isn't level ground).

Here is an after on more level ground

Once it was bounced over a few speed bumps, the front has seemed to settle down about a 1/4" since the pics.

Tomorrow I hope to get the door sills polished out and then hit with sealant or maybe Opti-Coat 2.0 so I can get the 3M done this weekend.

Short term plans
 - Plasti-dip the F150 emblems flat black
 - Remove the Ecoboost Emblems and install a 2015 one on the tailgate (on order)
 - Remove the Fx4 decals from the box
 - Spray rear wheel wells with box liner, I don't like them being blue
 - Complete detail with polish and protection
 - Tonneau cover

gipraw:
what cover are you looking at?  I need to grab one for my truck, and can't decide what I want to do.

Blown F-150:

--- Quote from: gipraw on April 29, 2015, 07:31:25 AM ---what cover are you looking at?  I need to grab one for my truck, and can't decide what I want to do.

--- End quote ---

The 2010 had a Access roll up cover which I thought was pretty good and seemed to hold up well to 5 or so years of use. The only thing I noticed was the buckles on top of the cover had faded. I have been told that this has been fixed on the newer covers.

The only other one I was thinking about was the truxedo Lo Pro. A buddy has just got it and said it is nice. I have to see it in person for myself before making any choices.

Because of the access I often need to the box and the preferred look, I will be going with a roll up cover.

I hope to decide on one in the next couple of months.

Kitzy:
Looks good.   Any wheels and tires in the future?   

I have an access limited edition tonneau or something like that.   I like it.   I was going to get the lower profile one but decided not to and am glad.   While the inch or so in heigh doesn't seem like much,  I've packed my bed to the max on numerous occasions.   

Also,  I hated having painted wheel wells.   My truck looks way better with the plastic liners.

Tapatalkin...

Blown F-150:

--- Quote from: Kitzy on April 29, 2015, 07:50:37 PM ---Looks good.   Any wheels and tires in the future?   

I have an access limited edition tonneau or something like that.   I like it.   I was going to get the lower profile one but decided not to and am glad.   While the inch or so in heigh doesn't seem like much,  I've packed my bed to the max on numerous occasions.   

Also,  I hated having painted wheel wells.   My truck looks way better with the plastic liners.

Tapatalkin...

--- End quote ---

I hope to get wheels and tires sometime in the future, but probably won't be for a while unless there is a steal on Craigslist or something.

I agree that the higher Tonnaeu has it's merits, but haven't decided on which one till I see all in person. I'm leaning toward the Lo-pro ones as I like the look and really don't put a bunch of stuff in the bed anymore. But who knows, the regular ones don't seem to intrude into the bed as much.  :dunno:

Plastic liners may be the way I go too, just started looking into them. Not sure on cost, but a rattle can of box liner is only $7  :uugly:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version