1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: 2011 F-150 Interior Detail  (Read 12744 times)

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
2011 F-150 Interior Detail
« on: January 15, 2015, 03:40:31 PM »
As touched upon in other threads, I wanted to do a full detail on my Unlce's F150 before he gets it back. It would seem I have plenty of time to do so, as he just left for my Dad's place (1600 miles away) with my truck last weekend and plans on staying out there for a month... :dunno:

This last weekend I was able to get to the interior. It was "RTS" (ready to sell) according to the "detailers" at the dealer. It was far from it, I don't think they tried to do more than smear some HD on the dash and vacuum it out with a grain auger. :uugly:

I wasn't able to LGM the carpets or seats since it is too cold and they just wouldn't dry. Maybe another time and I did what I could with spot cleaning. I was lazy and didn't pull out the seats, with a couple of small vacuum tools, l was able to get 90% of the carpet clean. I used Wolfgang "Spot Eliminator" and a carpet brush for spot cleaning.

All plastics were cleaned with Opti-Clean @ 3:1 and a "reused" MF (See washed many, many times). Last hit was with HD @ 4:1

It DID happen!
Befores

Afters

I decided to order him some Weathertech's for the truck too since I didn't get him anything for Christmas. I hope to get to the paint the first weekend in Feb. I'll be sure to post it up!
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: 2011 F-150 Interior Detail
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 04:24:19 PM »
Please tell me you caused that cup holder mess on your trip back and that wasn't part of their "RTS" package.  I can see them trying to get away with the spots and blowing off removing the door sills to properly clean them as most people won't ever remove them anyway. 

It looks great though.  Cleaned up nicely, even the carpets. 

Anyone else ever brush the carpets to give a consistent look to them after all is said and done?
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 05:22:14 PM »
Man, that looks a ton better! I think your Uncle is going to be very pleasantly surprised when he gets it back - especially since it actually did happen now!

And yes Mike, I generally try to rake / grain the carpets if it makes a difference. (On some vehicles it doesn't.)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 11:14:08 PM »
Looks way better.  on the HD 4:1 did you come back and "buff" out with dry MF or is that how it looked dry?

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 01:00:48 AM »
Thanks guys, it was nice to finally get something cleaned up!

Please tell me you caused that cup holder mess on your trip back and that wasn't part of their "RTS" package.  I can see them trying to get away with the spots and blowing off removing the door sills to properly clean them as most people won't ever remove them anyway. 

Anyone else ever brush the carpets to give a consistent look to them after all is said and done?

As sad as it is, it was THAT dirty when we picked it up. I thought it was crazy they would sell it like that. I think it was because it was at cost to my uncle (family works there) and they know he ain't picky.

Yes, I usually comb the carpet, but gave up on the second row after crawling in and out of it to get other stuff done.

Looks way better.  on the HD 4:1 did you come back and "buff" out with dry MF or is that how it looked dry?

I do wipe right away instead of letting it dry, seems to take some of the sheen out of it, I like it on the natural look side of things.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 01:02:24 AM by Blown F-150 »

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 01:21:03 AM »
Thanks guys, it was nice to finally get something cleaned up!

As sad as it is, it was THAT dirty when we picked it up. I thought it was crazy they would sell it like that. I think it was because it was at cost to my uncle (family works there) and they know he ain't picky.

Yes, I usually comb the carpet, but gave up on the second row after crawling in and out of it to get other stuff done.

I do wipe right away instead of letting it dry, seems to take some of the sheen out of it, I like it on the natural look side of things.

Roger that, when I use HD or PB NLD, I tend to hit again with a dry MF....love the feel of both of them...

Offline Obsessive Detail

• Detailing Supply Retailer
    • Obsessive Detail
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 12:21:15 PM »
Nice work!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 05:49:02 PM »
Weathertech's showed up while I was away. I put them in yesterday and it looks much better. I really like the coverage of the rear mat!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 05:53:31 PM »
I loved my weathertefh rear mat.  It needed to be trimmed according the the instructions and it fit beautiful.  I had to hack it up when I had my subs installed because they're inna box under the back seats.

Tapatalkin...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 09:54:36 PM »
Weathertec's are the bomb...had them in all my trucks and if we didn't have in the EXPY it would be trashed.  F250 has them but not the jeep...the keep has the slush matts, they are pretty good.   

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 09:39:14 AM »
This is my 2nd truck with Fox Weather Boots.

In DEC-2005 when the guy with the F250 SD hooked a left turn in front of me; the Fox weather boots held a i slip from full Arizona ICE tea and a 20 oz cup of coffee.

I pulled them out, and set them on edge to drain, and the carpet under looked like the day it rolled off the factory floor.
- I always order the fox WB when I order the truck so they are installed the day the truck shows up from the factory.
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 01:47:01 PM »
This is my 2nd truck with Fox Weather Boots.

In DEC-2005 when the guy with the F250 SD hooked a left turn in front of me; the Fox weather boots held a i slip from full Arizona ICE tea and a 20 oz cup of coffee.

I pulled them out, and set them on edge to drain, and the carpet under looked like the day it rolled off the factory floor.
- I always order the fox WB when I order the truck so they are installed the day the truck shows up from the factory.

I would really like those for the Edge, but the trucks see too much mud and heavy dirt. The weathertechs are always a breeze to clean, even if you don't have a pressure washer.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 01:52:56 PM »
Did some "piece meal" work on the truck over the weekend.

I gave it the standard two bucket and hit the wheels with Spray and Rinse. They came out pretty nice, but I think I could get some more shine into them with a hit of Justin's Metal RX. Maybe I'll give it a shot sometime this week.

I also scrubbed out the bed to clean it up a bit too.

Before

After

I also found this pick of bringing it to Van. Elevation is roughly 7000ft at this summit. I got it at a good angle, you can't even tell it's pulling a Tandem Uhaul 6x12 ft Trailer... :redneck:

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 01:55:23 PM by Blown F-150 »

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 07:11:55 PM »
I somehow missed this.  Wheels look good.  Simple enough design to hit one real fast with Rx to see if it helps. 

Tapatalkin...

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 06:01:26 PM »
Sorry for the delay, I had this done last weekend.

So I gave the truck the 'ol dual bucket wash and then clayed with a mild clay and ONR (from Justin) as I dried it off. I noticed right away that the clay wasn't really picking up as much as I expected. Then as I was drying it off, I hit it with the lights. The truck has defintately been polished recently, but not at the dealer it was bought from (I called my cousin to confirm). No holograms, or signs of compound on trim, etc. Must have been a decent job. There wasn't much for marring, so I just cleaned up a few marks and hit is with a coat of Menzerna Powerlock. Scratches/paint transfer cleaned up with a white LC pad and M101, followed by an orange Super Buff pad (it's a softer AIO pad) and M205.

Wheel-wells were cleaned out and sprayed with box-liner spray.

Tires were hit with Meg's Hot Spray

Paint is super slick and looks good. As a bonus, I quickly hit the headlights and tail lights with a whit LC 5.5" pad and M101 on the Rupes. They came out like new.

Sorry, but no before pics

Clay after doing the entire passenger front door

This is after Powerlock

No I hadn't gotten to the flaps yet... :dope:

It was just starting to rain as I was finishing up and had to take the truck out so the front wheel-wells didn't get hit with any dressing.

Tucked away in my tiny garage so the Edge can fit in too

« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 06:03:36 PM by Blown F-150 »

* Recent Photos

DSC_0001.JPG

Views: 6
By: attworth

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards