April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Bullet Proof Coating on sale  (Read 4624 times)

Offline Obsessive Detail

• Detailing Supply Retailer
    • Obsessive Detail
Bullet Proof Coating on sale
« on: December 16, 2014, 09:11:28 PM »
I just put the new C.A.R. Bullet Proof Coating on sale.  This special will run until December 23rd.

This is the best 2 year coating on the market for the price and performance!

http://stores.theragshack.com/c-a-r-bullet-proof-series-coating-2-oz/

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: Bullet Proof Coating on sale
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 07:33:12 PM »
Justin,

I finally got a chance to try this product on my silver 2006 Scion xB today. After a good wash and a full polish with Meguiar's M205 on a White LC pad on the Flex, I applied the coating as directed with a foam applicator pad. It went on very easily and after the recommended wipe with a clean microfiber towel, it shined quite nicely. It also felt silky smooth to the touch. Truth be told, I was quite impressed with the ease of use and initial results. (Only time will tell how impressed I am with the durability.) I would even go as far as to say I liked the product (so far) better than the Opti-Coat 2.0 I still have.

Before I could get any real pictures, it started to thunder and lightning along with a pretty decent downpour. (I will say the beading effect was pretty neat though.) When I drove the car across town in the rain storm, nothing seemed to stick to the paint at all.

Now I have a few questions:

1) I assume the applicator pad is now throw away since rinsing it in hot water just made a total mess.

2) Can one apply multiple layers? If so, is any further special prep needed?

3) How's your Highlander with the coating holding up?

Thanks,

Tom

Offline Obsessive Detail

• Obsessive Detail
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 07:38:12 PM »
It's crazy how easy it is to apply Bullet Proof!  That's what I've been trying to tell everyone, easiest coating I have used and I've used quite a few.

I would throw the applicator away, if you notice this is probably crystals starting to form, after they harden they can be abrasive.

If you do multiple layers, you want to do they 15-30 minutes after.  Once the coating cures, nothing is going to bond to it very well.

The Highlander has been holding up great.  I mainly just wash it with ONR and every once in a while put on some Speed Seal for glass mainly.

Offline Obsessive Detail

• Obsessive Detail
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 07:41:44 PM »
Btw,  I forgot to add....... In the future if you notice some places that look like they are starting to fail (like lack of beading etc..) you can use a product like Optimum GPS or a light polish and then put on another layer.  I like to put on 2 full coats on the first application.

Offline Obsessive Detail

• Obsessive Detail
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 07:46:04 PM »
One more thing, make sure you dry the car really well. You can get it wet after an hour but takes 24 hours to full cure. If water is left on the paint in the 24 hour cure period you could get waterspots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 05:56:29 PM »
One more thing, make sure you dry the car really well. You can get it wet after an hour but takes 24 hours to full cure. If water is left on the paint in the 24 hour cure period you could get waterspots.

Oh boy, that could get interesting. I drove it for over an hour in the pouring rain a couple hours after application, then parked it overnight. I'm about to go out and wash it. We'll see what happened - or didn't happen.

And thanks for answering all of my questions!

PS: How's this stuff work on fiberglass boats?

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 06:47:47 PM »
Good news. I just washed the Toaster (with Poor Boys Slick & Suds) and there was absolutely no negative effect from driving it so soon in the rain yesterday.

Just so everybody knows, I left two "control areas" uncoated on the car for testing purposes. The entire rear bumper cover and lower front bumper cover were left alone so I can see how this product degrades compared to an uncoated surface. This could be interesting.

Offline Obsessive Detail

• Obsessive Detail
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 07:00:23 PM »

Oh boy, that could get interesting. I drove it for over an hour in the pouring rain a couple hours after application, then parked it overnight. I'm about to go out and wash it. We'll see what happened - or didn't happen.

And thanks for answering all of my questions!

PS: How's this stuff work on fiberglass boats?
It will work great on fiberglass too. I just had a customer do a boat a few weeks ago and he was blown away on how all the grime from the lake came off with ease.

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal