Detailing Products > Buffing/Polishing Machines

Poll : Rupes LHR 15E Washer or no Washer

(1/3) > >>

sscully:
OK, I fell for the marketing material again, and ordered one of these.

The question I have of those who own them, Washer mod or No Washer Mod ?

I keep looking at it, and wonder if it is a good idea, long term for the backing plate.,
- It is making the mating between the head and backing plate shallower than factory, I wonder if this can oblong the double D cut away that the backing plate uses.

I will find out tomorrow if my idea will work, but I keep thinking if the idea is to distance the backing plate from the spin control, why not cut down the spin control shroud ?
- Leaves the pad mounting the same depth, not changing the stability factory there.

Kitzy:
Wish I could help, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

Tapatalkin...

Obsessive Detail:
I've had the Rupes 21 since it was first introduced and have also have had the washer mod since day one.  I've had no problems and I use the Rupes every single day, it has been a workhorse.

sscully:

--- Quote from: Obsessive Detail on December 16, 2014, 08:53:30 PM ---I've had the Rupes 21 since it was first introduced and have also have had the washer mod since day one.  I've had no problems and I use the Rupes every single day, it has been a workhorse.

--- End quote ---

So the double d cut out has not egg or oblonged on you ?

That is the only concern I have, from the backing plate not sitting on 100% stud post washer mod

Obsessive Detail:

--- Quote from: sscully on December 16, 2014, 10:29:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: Obsessive Detail on December 16, 2014, 08:53:30 PM ---I've had the Rupes 21 since it was first introduced and have also have had the washer mod since day one.  I've had no problems and I use the Rupes every single day, it has been a workhorse.

--- End quote ---

So the double d cut out has not egg or oblonged on you ?

That is the only concern I have, from the backing plate not sitting on 100% stud post washer mod

--- End quote ---

No, no problems at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version