1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: 2014-2015 TDC Winter Snard Competition  (Read 38380 times)

Offline GreyMichFX4

• Café Member
Re: 2014-2015 TDC Winter Snard Competition
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2015, 08:03:03 AM »
My very cheap and shameless snard entry for today. I observed this beauty in it's natural habitat while fueling up my truck Friday night after work.

Good enough never is

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2015, 08:49:00 AM »
At last, a real entry!  :clap:

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2015, 11:18:22 AM »
Well, it's been cold as hell up here in the great white north. "Real snarding weather" as some locals would say. And so it is with great shame that I offer up my first (rather pathetic) entry for this years competition. This little beauty was found hanging from my Tacoma this morning. More astute viewers will also notice the sad remains of a fellow snard that fell off a few days prior. So sad.

I assure you, bigger and badder snards are forthcoming!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2015, 09:07:26 AM »
In keeping with my tradition of not showing my best stuff too early in the competition, I humbly offer up the flowing snard from my 2006 Scion xB. (The Toaster) Although it's some what small in stature, you will note that due to the very low ground clearance offered by the lowered (by 1.5") suspension system, this snard does indeed fill up almost the whole space allotted. That's gotta be worth something.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2015, 10:19:11 AM »
When you say most of the space are you referring to the entire wheel well as not pictured?   

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2015, 10:24:35 AM »
I saw one similar to that but on a real vehicle.  It was some kind of SUV.  It may have been the largest snard I've seen.  Alas it was in traffic and not mine so I did not photograph.

Tapatalkin...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2015, 10:46:40 AM »
When you say most of the space are you referring to the entire wheel well as not pictured?

Don't make me run out and grow another snard! To say that the conditions up here are near perfect for snarding would be an understatement.

And your entry is where?  :redneck:

BTW, I've discovered that my Tacoma has a complete set of Snard Prevention Devices installed from the factory. The extra long mud flap / splash guards that come on these trucks effectively prevent natural winning / world record snard formation. Of course that means "naturally occurring" snards are prevented. As many of you know, that's never stopped me in the past. Maybe I can see if I can grow something bigger on the Toaster during a trip to Home Depot where they sell Great Stuff Foam. Hmmm.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2015, 09:38:40 PM »
Where is my entry you ask?  Well times are kind of hard here.  I happened to get a 6 year old shameless snard. ..and let me tell you....he is all snard.   

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2015, 06:31:18 AM »
Cute. He should be glad he's your son, not nine. Can you image me trying to cram him in the wheel well of the xB?    :funny:

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2015, 12:18:39 PM »
Cute. He should be glad he's your son, not nine. Can you image me trying to cram him in the wheel well of the xB?    :funny:

It's no foam snard but it will work.   

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2015, 02:20:40 PM »

It's no foam snard but it will work.

I may have to take this to our esteemed panel of judges to see if its actually fair. (Not that it's actually important in this competition.)

OK, never mind. Dave was doing something with a moose and Mike was demonstrating how to use a snorkel whilst four wheeling. They were a lot of help.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2015, 01:20:52 PM »
I almost hate to do this, but here's two more entries from little old me. First, I bring you a wonderfully bold "ripple snard." These are fairly common up here, but since they're predominately made up of road salt, partially melted snow and parts of other snards that have fallen off previous vehicles, they can take many, many forms. Although not truly massive, this one has a certain bold beauty to it. And note how effective the Tacoma "Snard Prevention Device" worked here. Had it not been there, lord knows what I'd be entering!

Next - and I almost hate to do this - I bring you a truly rare and delicate "fluffy snard." These extremely rare snards are only formed when its extremely cold - too cold for road salt to be used in fact. Then, one must run for long distances (8,197 miles in my case) at just the right speed (you think I'm going to share my secret?) to form one of these bad boys. And since they're so delicate, they usually fracture and fall off before anybody gets a picture of them. I in fact had to stop in the middle of Interstate 490 West here in Rochester - at rush hour - to get this picture. As you can see, I left my flash on by mistake too. The sudden exposure to light caused the snard to fall off right there and then. This made explaining what I was doing to the NYS Trooper somewhat problematic. Oh, the things I go through for a winning entry!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2015, 06:52:59 PM »
Very nice Tom. Kind of reminds me of a Very cold winter snard developed by a PSD last year.

Yes, a reference to the past is all I can offer so far this year, it's 54F and sunny here today  :uugly:
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2015, 10:27:12 PM »
I don't even have a cardboard snard to enter this year.

The roads got good and cleared after the 19" of snow ( got into the high 30s / low 40s ) and now no snow, just cold
- Thur daytime high is going to be 1*.
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2015, 05:52:00 PM »
This is about as close as I can get to a snard.  My truck appears to be mutating in to one.

I had to punch the fuel door to break all the ice off just to fill up.  This was all in Tennessee.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

* Recent Photos

F150_4.jpg

Views: 3
By: leedriver

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal