1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Drove the 2105 F-150  (Read 8848 times)

Offline Pockets

• Detailing Supply Retailer
Drove the 2105 F-150
« on: October 22, 2014, 10:36:55 AM »
So I went for the drive yesterday and while I was super impressed by the truck itself I was not so impressed with the "experience" =(

It was just a test drive around the perimeter of the shopping complex.... no drag race, no course, no braking test, etc. The people that we drove with did not even know the HP numbers of the 3.5 and said it was not released yet 0.o so I had to educate them on all of it when they should have had the answer to every question I asked. They were very very nice though and held some knowledge about the new things with the truck. I also got an aluminum key chain with the new F-150 logo on it.

The truck was gorgeous though! The inside just oozed quality and the redesign looks sharp! The 3.5 had a lot of balls with what little I stepped on it, the whistle kicked on and I hear it for the first time ever it was a beautiful noise.

Here is a quick shot:

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: Drove the 2105 F-150
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 05:50:22 PM »
Wow, you drove a 2105! I didn't think they were out for another 90 years or so.  :uugly:

I drove the (then new) Ecoboost when it first came out and Ford offered to bring one to my door. The girl that delivered it knew almost nothing about it either. You'd think Ford would want them to know the vehicle inside and out.

As for the 2015, I hear they're pretty nice and the 2.7 Ecoboost is supposed to be a real pleasant surprise. I'm going to hold off for a few years to see how the aluminum body holds up to road salt. Although they may not "rust', they do corrode. It just looks different. And from what I hear, the painting process was one of the big headaches (along with crash repair) that Ford struggled with.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 09:51:06 PM »
Very cool Pockets! I have yet to even see one in person. I was at the dealer today (getting a ridiculously expensive oil change) and was bugging the sales guys for info and brochures, they had nothing for me... :dunno:

I'm really on the fence on what to do, if the incentives are good enough, I may bite the bullet on a new one. On the other hand, the PSD has been running sooo good and I just dropped $1800 on tires for it, I may want to just keep it. Being payment free is sweet too.

Did anything stick out as really nice? How were the seats, the way the doors opened and closed, etc?

As for the aluminum alloy, I am pretty optimistic on it. Really, they stole most of the formula from their Jag and Land Rover days. I did some research and the Alloy from the other brands it has held up pretty well. My buddy has a older Jag XJ with aluminum fenders, hood, etc in the salt spreading capitol of Winnipeg. He said he has had zero corrosion issues and is a "Auto wash" sort of guy. You never know, till you know but I doubt with the investment made by ford on this that it will be a flop.

But now that TS has moved from Ford, I am sure he'll be all over us if we have issue with them.... :nana:
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Pockets

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 10:07:08 AM »
You would think Tom but we all know that's just too hard sometimes  :cart:

Very cool Pockets! I have yet to even see one in person. I was at the dealer today (getting a ridiculously expensive oil change) and was bugging the sales guys for info and brochures, they had nothing for me... :dunno:

Yea they don't have much of anything yet on the 2015's I'm really surprised you'd think they would push it much harder. But they do want to get rid of every last 2014 on the lot before they do that though.

I'm really on the fence on what to do, if the incentives are good enough, I may bite the bullet on a new one. On the other hand, the PSD has been running sooo good and I just dropped $1800 on tires for it, I may want to just keep it. Being payment free is sweet too.

There probably wont be any incentives out from what I hear but I just can't wrap my head on how they will compete with the other trucks on the market if they don't do something. They will loose big numbers if they don't give us what we want.

Did anything stick out as really nice? How were the seats, the way the doors opened and closed, etc?

The seats were very comfy but they lack the good looks I was hoping for like the accent line right down the middle like there is in the King Ranch or the Platinum. Didn't really pay attention to the doors and such but the interior certainly felt high class with the way everything flowed and the soft touch materials all around.

As for the aluminum alloy, I am pretty optimistic on it. Really, they stole most of the formula from their Jag and Land Rover days. I did some research and the Alloy from the other brands it has held up pretty well. My buddy has a older Jag XJ with aluminum fenders, hood, etc in the salt spreading capitol of Winnipeg. He said he has had zero corrosion issues and is a "Auto wash" sort of guy. You never know, till you know but I doubt with the investment made by ford on this that it will be a flop.

I agree .... they did not come out with something that is not going to outperform the materials that they were using prior to. They have been using aluminum on the the hoods of F-150's for like 10 years now.

But now that TS has moved from Ford, I am sure he'll be all over us if we have issue with them.... :nana:

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:08:39 AM by Pockets »

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 10:33:00 AM »
We'll see how it goes with this new house I may be into by the end of November. If the garage is too small (short), I may be forced into an SUV of some kind. I hope not, as I really want to stay in a truck if possible.

I would be willing to wait until the spring when they always have "Employee Pricing" and other incentives. I think they are holding off and will push hard on the sales when they actually hit the floors. I agree that they are probably doing what they can to blow out the '14's.

Offline Pockets

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 11:43:26 AM »
These trucks are incredibly low as you can see I am taller than it at just 6 feet. So if you don't have to duck to get in the garage you should be fine  :funny:

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 01:53:23 PM »
It's the length more than anything else, in this case. The door is actually high enough for me to get the PSD into the garage, it just may stick out the door so I can't close it! I go back next week for a home inspection and will bring my measuring tape. I think the crew cab F150's a a few inches shorter than my crew cab PSD. My coworker is actually in the same complex and says he can just squeak his 2014 Extended cab 6.5'.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 07:07:17 PM »
I never had any problems with the aluminum hoods on any of my F-150's. (Don't ask about the damn modular motors.) My concerns with paint on the new F-150 are more related to aftermarket / body shop paint work. Aluminum is notoriously hard to paint properly in anything less than perfect conditions. That rarely happens in a collision shop.

Offline Obsessive Detail

• Obsessive Detail
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 10:10:01 PM »
I'm really liking everything about the new F150!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 11:39:29 PM »
very cool and love the front ends.   That must not have been a 4x4.   that does look low.   Or maybe that is the trend....maybe that will be the trend for the F250's/350's as the bed box is sooooooo damn high, makes towing a 5er almost a nightmare.   

I have to be totally honest...i am seriously looking at RAM's for my next HD.    I like the fact that you can get a 3500 in the same config as a 2500...Ford nor GM offers that.   

Problem is that Ram now thinks they can get the same pricing for their trucks....you can no longer buy a 40K Dodge truck, they are just as expensive as Fords and GM's now days.   

Any photos of the interior?   

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 10:14:06 AM »
I never had any problems with the aluminum hoods on any of my F-150's. (Don't ask about the damn modular motors.) My concerns with paint on the new F-150 are more related to aftermarket / body shop paint work. Aluminum is notoriously hard to paint properly in anything less than perfect conditions. That rarely happens in a collision shop.

Just don't get in an accident and you'll be fine!  :nana:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 05:20:49 PM »
Insurance and repairs were some of the concerns I had when me and pockets talked about this.  I also recommended he at least drive other brand trucks... except Dodge or in this case "Ram". 

So is it worth the coin over a loaded '14?  Did you ever test drive the Chevy? 

Tapatalkin...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Pockets

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 08:50:45 AM »
If I get into an accident that needs repaint it will be sold  :judge:

I didn't notice if it was 4  x 4 whoops that might be why it was so low your right.

Mike, I did not test drive anything else and I guess I'm just too loyal unlike you, Tom, and now Jason!

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 09:03:45 AM »

I didn't notice if it was 4  x 4 whoops that might be why it was so low your right.

Mike, I did not test drive anything else and I guess I'm just too loyal unlike you, Tom, and now Jason!

whoa there .....i will be buying purely on price next go around.   

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Pockets

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 09:08:44 AM »

whoa there .....i will be buying purely on price next go around.

The truck market has to have the biggest markup in all vehicles. They are way overpriced if you ask me. Guess that's just what you need to pay to drive a truck these days.  :boohoo:

* Recent Photos

DSC01271.JPG

Views: 1
By: texbigred1

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal