Welcome to the Café > New to TDC? Introduce Yourself!

welcome msteiner!!!

(1/5) > >>

Rollingrock:
Cafe members, I would like to introduce you to Mike....it's a long story but my wife and I consider Mike and Cathy to be our adopted parents. 

Mike has a very nice boat on a lake in IN...they are about to take it out and want to polish it up for dry storage.   I know we have a few boat guys here.   (TOM)  Mike is about to invest in a PC7424 and has pad questions and product questions for gelcoat.  I don't know this area so I was hoping that Tom and the gang could jump in and help my dad. 

Thanks guys

RR

Too Stroked:
Mike,

My name is Tom and I'm a boataholic. Have been since I was about 4 years old. And that would make it a, um, well, a long term problem.

So you'd like to polish up your boat before putting it away. Great! The first question I'd ask is whether or not you have any oxidation on the gelcoat. If so, how bad is it?  Light oxidation just makes the surface look somewhat cloudy. Heavy oxidation makes the surface feel like sand paper. You'll generally be able to get light oxidation out with a P-C 7424. Heavy oxidation will require the use of a rotary buffer. And both will require the proper pads and products - which of course I can help you with.

Tom

Kitzy:
Welcome, Mike!  My name is Mike.  I don't know jack squat about boats. 
Carry on...

Tapatalkin...

Rollingrock:

--- Quote from: Kitzy on September 23, 2014, 08:36:05 PM ---Welcome, Mike!  My name is Mike.  I don't know jack squat about boats. 
Carry on...

Tapatalkin...

--- End quote ---

Dude, I you are messing this up....I totally told him over TEXT that you guys were the bomb.....

Kitzy:

--- Quote from: Rollingrock on September 23, 2014, 08:36:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kitzy on September 23, 2014, 08:36:05 PM ---Welcome, Mike!  My name is Mike.  I don't know jack squat about boats. 
Carry on...

Tapatalkin...

--- End quote ---

Dude, I you are messing this up....I totally told him over TEXT that you guys were the bomb.....

--- End quote ---

Well you are half right.  Tom is awesome.  My toys, however, have wheels.  I don't do boats. 

Oddly enough I love the water.  Go figure.

Tapatalkin...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version