Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Kawasaki CVT change and wet brakes  (Read 4964 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
Kawasaki CVT change and wet brakes
« on: September 21, 2014, 12:58:31 AM »
Ok...bit off a tad more than I can chew.   It does look worse than it is...but I do have parts all over my garage.   Sunday my buddy shows up to help but today I got a head start.   Not sure if that was good idea yet.

Bed off

Body parts everywhere

Gas tank out too

]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 01:00:11 AM by Rollingrock »
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Kawasaki CVT change and wet brakes
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 11:44:49 AM »
Dude, wtf.  That looks like a mess.  Goodluck. 

I just had to realign the front end on my grizzly.  I haven't rode it since February down in Tennessee.  I hit a water hole pretty fast and hard trying to show someone up and hit a massive chunk of ice that threw something off. Ball joint was loose and handlebars were off.  I got it with 3/8" but I just keep running out of adjustment. 

Tapatalkin...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 05:49:38 PM »
Man that took all day to get back together.   Had to get the bed off to change the wet brakes on the rear diff.  Drive shaft, bed, brake lines etc...for the CVT belt, you bascially take apart everything to get to it...including gas tank and all plastic parts. 

We just got it fixed up and test drove.   Belt needs to break in...I may be due for a new clutch soon...thank goodness we know how to do it now, won't take near as long.   

Side by Side is back on trailer with all new fluids too...back in storage for use next weekend.

need a shower bad.   

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 06:41:05 PM »
I hear kawi guys get real good at belt adjustments.

Tapatalkin...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 06:48:21 PM »
I hear kawi guys get real good at belt adjustments.

Tapatalkin...

Yup and I think I am going to end up doing this again sooner than later.   I think a new clutch kit is in my future too.

Just wish they made it easier to get to.   The belt change takes 5-10 min...but it takes 2.5 hours to get to it. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 07:01:01 PM »
Well, JP, I'm proud of you. That looks like a pretty damn difficult job - and you actually got it all back together and running. I remember trying to walk RockPick through a rather simple wiring job a few years back. I think I lost him when we got to "hot and ground."

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 07:46:16 PM »
Well, JP, I'm proud of you. That looks like a pretty damn difficult job - and you actually got it all back together and running. I remember trying to walk RockPick through a rather simple wiring job a few years back. I think I lost him when we got to "hot and ground."

Rockpick hasn't achieved it until he can smoke wire by using the wrong size for the amp draw....(this guy who used non shielded trailer wiring to pull 17+ amps from a 52" light bar)   

I know the photos make it look like a mess but its really not too difficult..just hard and time consuming to take the plastic covers and the fuel cell out.   I am already looking at doing a clutch kit from http://vforcejohn.com/ 

The hardest part of the whole job was the bed struts...they are 100lbs gassed...it took creative ratchet straps and some cursing and a few extra beers to get that back on.   

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 10:45:10 PM »

I think his 2 threads are still in the top 10 in replies, in the electrical sub forum.
- Odometer and door ajar threads are at the top, if that gives others an indication of how high a count we are talking here.
Steve

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 11:04:49 PM »
I may have spoke too soon...things are not perfect...may have to adjust linkage.  Had some issues getting to neutral.     Scratching my head on this little issues...it has to be something dumb.  We did adjust the e brake (Wet brake) line but that wouldn't have caused this...

May bring it back home on Tuesday and see if I missed something.   Tear it down half way and see if missed a plug or connection.  ''

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 02:50:51 PM »
That does look like a heck of a job. Hope you get any lingering issues sorted out.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Pockets

• Detailing Supply Retailer
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 03:11:35 PM »
There is always gremlins .... why does there always have to be gremlins  :uugly:

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 03:16:57 PM »
Ok, so you guys are smart.

The side by side shits from L, to H to N to R with ease.   Belt was worn and thus we changed CVT belts.  Now the web brakes were changed b.c I drove with the parking brake on and wore them out...so those two were replaced. 

Now it is not a smooth to get to N...you will have the shifter in the N location but still wanting to drive in H forward.  Only a new CVT belt...this couldn't have changed that right?

Linkage? 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 06:16:01 PM »
Ok, so you guys are smart.

The side by side shits from L, to H to N to R with ease.   Belt was worn and thus we changed CVT belts.  Now the web brakes were changed b.c I drove with the parking brake on and wore them out...so those two were replaced. 

Now it is not a smooth to get to N...you will have the shifter in the N location but still wanting to drive in H forward.  Only a new CVT belt...this couldn't have changed that right?

Linkage?

So is Nuetral actually High and if so does that make High actually be Lo?  That would definitely be linkage.  I've never torn one apart to see how they work so I'm really no help outside of that.  Um... its a beautiful night out.  Maybe I can wish on a star for you?

Tapatalkin...

* Recent Photos

Saturday Delivery

Views: 13
By: attworth

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal