April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Black Ferrari F430 Corrected with Polish Angel  (Read 5570 times)

Offline Mastercraft240

• Café Member
Black Ferrari F430 Corrected with Polish Angel
« on: August 27, 2014, 08:37:31 PM »
Hey guys, long time no see!  Been busy with work so haven't had a great opportunity to get details in.  I've been excited for months to try out my new collection of Polish Angel polishes, compounds, waxes, and sealants so I was glad i was able to get this detail in.

Today, I got in a ferrari f430.  I've previous done a full correction on this beast and that same day the owner took a spray wax and rag to it after I spent 20 hours correcting it.  He simply isn't that in tune to the detail it takes to maintain a perfect finish on a black car-- which is fine.  Therefore, I explained to him how meaningless it is for me to remove so much clear for him to simply mess it up again.  We set up a date to do a 1 step polish, removing 60% or less of the defects (I actually got much better results than that, to my surprise).  I turned to my trusty Rupes LHR21 and Rupes mini with yellow rupes finishing pads paired with Polish Angel Master Polish.  I finished it off with 2 coats of Polish Angel Rapidd Wax, which truly set the depth and reflection of this car to another level.

I have to admit, I was so freakin' impressed with polish angels products.  They are a little expensive, but it is soooo easy to use its unbelievable.  Also, the amount of product I used was easily half of the other manufactures.  Sometimes it feels like you can work the product for days..... the longer you work it the better the gloss.  I apologize, I did not take before pictures but I'll let the afters speak for themselves  :hp:.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 08:50:15 PM by Mastercraft240 »

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Black Ferrari F430 Corrected with Polish Angel
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 05:04:57 AM »
I want to complain that there are no direct sunlight pictures to really show the condition of the paint... but it's a Ferrari and it looks drop dead gorgeous.  Not to mention the A5 (S5 possibly?) making a cameo in the back there. 

Ferrari looks great!  I've never heard of that line before.  Then again, I'm pretty out of tune with it these days. 

Man that car is gorgeous, though!  Nice work!
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Mastercraft240

• Café Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 08:39:39 AM »
I want to complain that there are no direct sunlight pictures to really show the condition of the paint... but it's a Ferrari and it looks drop dead gorgeous.  Not to mention the A5 (S5 possibly?) making a cameo in the back there. 

Ferrari looks great!  I've never heard of that line before.  Then again, I'm pretty out of tune with it these days. 

Man that car is gorgeous, though!  Nice work!

You're right about the sunlight.... Unfortunately I wasn't able to finish in time to get the car out in the direct sunlight however I corrected the car  with a EcoSmart PAR38 18-Watt (110W) LED Flood Light, which shows more defects than sunlight so I am comfortable with the correction amount. I will try to get some shots when the car is picked up  :cam: :cam:. Thank you for the compliments.

Edit: That's a 2008 Audi S5 (manual) in the back.  It needs attention badly :dunno: :dope:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 08:44:02 AM by Mastercraft240 »

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 10:02:21 AM »
Awesome results! That car is one of my absolute favorites.

Where did you find out about the Polish Angels products?
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Mastercraft240

• Café Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 11:19:33 AM »
Awesome results! That car is one of my absolute favorites.

Where did you find out about the Polish Angels products?
I was not enjoying the usability of many of the other products on the market.  After extensive searching I kind of stumbled upon all these reviews on how easy angel polish was to work with.  I was very hesitant with the price of the products so I held off for a few months until one day I had a terrible time working on a car.  I said  ffff it..... if I'm not enjoying the detail why am I even doing this?  Spent I think around $230 got all the products I needed and had a blast.  Since I'm just a hobbyist, I don't mind spending the money. However if I was running a business I would probably still use it because the results are just fantastic and far outperform any other product I've used-- in my opinion.

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 01:37:53 PM »
Nice job.   I love those cars. 

What other brand would you compare the products to as far as functionality and feel?

================

Doug

Offline Mastercraft240

• Café Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 05:07:16 PM »
Nice job.   I love those cars. 

What other brand would you compare the products to as far as functionality and feel?

Polish Angel is as easy to use as most of the rupes products paired with the pads, however the working time of polish angel is pretty much everlasting.  I was able to achieve better results with angel polish with less aggressive combo's, which I believe is a huge plus.  Other products I've used that I find much more difficult to work with are (1) FG400 (2) M101 (3) Pinnacle products (4) wolfgang products (5) D300.... just to name a few. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 08:24:30 PM »
Sunlight or not, that's one spectacular looking result. Nice work!  :nw:

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 10:44:18 PM »
I corrected a Red 430 in the past but never have seen one with the drop top.

Well done.  Looks nice and wet...and fast.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

* Recent Photos

IMG_6156.JPG

Views: 4
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal