1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Wash and Wax -'11 Silverado  (Read 4536 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Wash and Wax -'11 Silverado
« on: June 29, 2014, 05:02:18 PM »
Just a simple maintenance wash and wax.

Wheels and tires first as always.
-Meg's APC+ on the tires and wheel wells with a scrub brush. 
-Optimum Car Wash and a dedicated Poorboy's Chenille wash mitt on the wheels with EZ-Detail brush for the barrels. 

Two fresh buckets and a foam gun for the rest of the truck. 
-Poorboy's Super Slick and Wax (My hands down favorite wash soap) - 2 pumps in soap bucket, 1 pump in rinse bucket and carefully and scientifically measured ratio for the foam gun (not really).  Another Poorboy's Chenille Mitt.

Dried using a Poorboy's DMT and Poorboy's Spray and Gloss.

Tires were dressed using Poorboy's Bold and Bright Spray and Zanes Wheel Shield.  Quick note on the wheel shield.  I bought this a long long time ago, years even.  I just broke it out of the box and started using it late last year.  I have to say, that thing is clutch. I load the tire up with dressing and get absolutely zero of it on the wheel.  Anyway, after giving it time to dwell and almost completely dry itself rid of the white coloring, I then wipe it down with a foam applicator of sorts, be it either a foam brush, foam block or foam round applicator.  Currently using a foam block.  The wheels were then wiped down using Dodo Juice Red Mist (?).  I just grabbed it on a whim because it caught my eye in my cabinet.  I forgot how much I liked everything about it.  The smell, the look and a huge bonus is the super ultra fine mist is sprays.  It makes wiping down the wheels insanely easy.

This morning I woke up and decided I wanted to wax it.  Now, PB's SS&W does a great job of actually leaving a small amount of protection behind.  Perfect for regular washing.  But I wanted more.  But I was also feeling lazy.  So, I got out the Flex, a red VC pad and some Liquid Natty's Blue.  Here's the magic.  I knew Liquid Natty's Blue leaves ridiculous reflections on black as opposed to that deep wet look some waxes give.  To each their own.  I like both.  On white diamond though, it did a great job of providing decent reflections.  Enough to capture on camera even. 
- So I wiped the truck down with Poorboy's Spray and Wipe first thing.
- I followed it up with the Liquid Natty's Blue.  Very easy to apply and remove.  Great look.  DMT towels were used for both the wipe down and wax removal.

Pics from last night.  The sun was already low and behind the other houses so poor lighting.  Bare with me on the pics.  Camera is still new and playing with the settings.  Some pics are similar.

Ok.  On to this morning.  Finished product.

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Re: Wash and Wax -'11 Silverado
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 07:28:30 PM »
Man, that looks sweet! The paint does seem to pop! Really is a nice deep white color.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 10:22:41 PM »
Love those wheels man...great work.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Pockets

• Detailing Supply Retailer
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 04:09:54 PM »
Very nice

Don't think I saw it with the rims and tires on yet

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 05:58:27 PM »
Sweeet!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 08:15:08 PM »
Thanks guys!  The wheels clean up freakin amazing.  They are the PVD chrome wheels.  So far what I've noticed with them...

One, dirt and break dust doesn't seem to really get stuck on them.  A pressure washer at the coin op leaves them looking fairly decent although spotty after they dry.  Car wash soap leaves them perfect.

Two, the PVD coating, at least the top clear "powder coat," seems soft.  One of the wheels has a scratch (albeit minor) that bothers me.  I must have has something in the mitt.  Its obvious I drug something across it.  I think it will polish out.

Three, they have a definite clear coated look.  Not a pure typical chrome but it looks great.  Think really shiny tin foil with an ever so subtle orange peel clear coat over it. 

All in all, I'm very happy with them.

Tapatalkin...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

* Recent Photos

IMG_0495.JPG

Views: 2
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal