April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: My 5 Minutes of Fame  (Read 5389 times)

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
My 5 Minutes of Fame
« on: May 29, 2014, 06:42:42 PM »
Well, they say we all get a few minutes of fame. I got my shot last week when they closed the lake I work on to all powerboat traffic due to high water levels from recent rains. The male newscaster in the video is Kevin Doran and he keeps his boat at our marina - so we take good care of him. (He's also an awesome guy.) Keep in mind that I probably have 50 hours under my belt at the time they shot the video and no makeup whatsoever. (Not that any amount would help.) 

http://www.rochesterhomepage.net/story/d/story/state-of-emergency-declared-for-honeoye-and-canand/34900/CdFqr2yswUeaJNMrNfLhVQ

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Re: My 5 Minutes of Fame
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 07:05:42 PM »
New carrier perhaps Tom???
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 08:06:15 PM »
Our own celebrity!  I'm going to assume his interview was cut short before we all got our shout out... yeah we'll go with that. 

I guess we aren't the only ones getting hammered with rain.  We've been getting freak hail storms.  So are the finger lakes worth visiting anytime soon?  Or is it just the three mentioned?

Tapatalkin...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 09:51:20 AM »
That is awesome Tom!   Thanks for the share.

You know what they say  "you got a great face for radio"  !    Only kidding but why on earth didn't you plug the cafe? 

LOL

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 05:55:58 PM »
Very cool Tom.

At least you did not say or do something stupid.
- I forget the comedian who did the bit about the interview after the tornado would come through.  Poking fun at the redneck picking his nose on CNN  :redneck:
Steve

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 07:19:15 PM »
Thanks guys. I actually kind of enjoyed the interview. As usual, they shot a lot more tape than they used at 6 PM. (The other guys at the marina said there was a lot more at 11 PM, but I couldn't find it.) Amy (the reporter) actually wanted to put me on live because she liked the way I explained things, but they already had another hotter story.

And yes JP, my face is much more handsome when hidden with a paper bag or something.  :funny:

As for the Finger Lakes, things seem to be pretty much back to normal. (So you can come up now Mike.) What that mess did though was delay the unofficial start of summer by about a week. That means tomorrow is going to be an absolute zoo. After all of the hours I crammed in this week, I really don't need that.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 08:55:42 PM »
I think you're a little farther than I'm going to be travelling.  It looks like I'm going to stay a bit further south this time.  Watkins Glen area.

Tapatalkin...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 07:09:39 PM »
I think you're a little farther than I'm going to be travelling.  It looks like I'm going to stay a bit further south this time.  Watkins Glen area.

Tapatalkin...

Watkins Glen is about an hour and a quarter from my house. It's only about 40 minutes from where I work though. Beautiful little town though.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 09:06:33 PM »

Tapatalkin...

Watkins Glen is about an hour and a quarter from my house. It's only about 40 minutes from where I work though. Beautiful little town though.

Good to know.  We have been wanting to visit Watkins Glen park for a while now so I am surprising her with a little weekend trip.  She doesn't know it yet.  I also have a hot air balloon ride reserved that leaves from the shore of Seneca Lake.

Tapatalkin...

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 09:08:37 PM »
Also thinking of taking a ride over to Ithaca.  Looks like there's a couple nice parks over there. 

Tapatalkin...

Offline Pockets

• Detailing Supply Retailer
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 04:25:18 PM »
Pretty neat!

* Recent Photos

07 Tahoe

Views: 0
By: GeraldRooney

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.