Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: PB's Spray and Rinse. Holy Shit  (Read 6129 times)

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
PB's Spray and Rinse. Holy Shit
« on: May 16, 2014, 11:14:44 PM »
I forgot how great this product is.  Today I got the EXP back from Ford, lots of warranty work, they had it for 3 days.   The wheels were trashed and I am fed up using Megs Wheel Brightner...I happn to find a bottle of PB Spray and Rinse...omg...that shit is bad ass.  Gonna pick up a gallon of the stuff just for the expy. 

No photos, suck it.   It happened.   

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Re: PB's Spray and Rinse. Holy Shit
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 11:35:28 PM »
It is amazing stuff.

Has anyone had luck with it on raw aluminum, probably diluted?

Just curious as I was thinking about using it when I do my snowmobile once over this summer and it is all raw.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 05:51:54 AM »
After trying virtually every wheel cleaner out there, this product is the only one I use these days. Some of the other products worked half way decently if you really worked at it, but this stuff literally sprays on and rinses off everything.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 08:30:45 AM »
Stuff is awesome.  Made me give up putting wheel sealant on.
- Why go to all that trouble, no need with S&R.

Raw AL, Chris ( pockets ) has some cautions about it.  I was to say turns it milky ??
- Might want to do a search on aluminum wheels on the site here or on the PB forum about it.
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 09:19:48 AM »
Thanks Steve,  I was thinking on testing it on an old busted sled first.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 10:39:30 AM »
Unless you really like polishing aluminum wheels, don't use it.  It will turn them milky.  They will cloud up and have cloudy run marks in them.  They'll be clean though!  Raw aluminum is so touchy.  My expedition had raw polished aluminum wheels and i tried forever to find a cleaner to keep them looking like that.  Nothing ever worked.  Some dulled more than others but even those said to be safe still clouded them up some. 

Tapatalkin...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 04:26:15 PM »
Thanks Guys, I will see if I can find something specifically formulated for raw aluminum.

This would be to clean off caked on brake dust and oil/exhaust from the bulkhead and frame of my sled. I will be pulling out the motor to give it a refresh and wanted to clean everything up before putting it back in.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 09:58:43 PM »
Doesn't Meguiars make something specific for aluminum.  I've seen it on the shelf at most major auto parts stores.  I wouldn't expect a whole lot from it.  aluminum is just one of those things you just have to keep up with.  Would any of these decontamination products work on it?  Like that Dodo Iron X or whatever its called you just used on the truck?

Tapatalkin...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 10:24:37 AM »
I don't think the DoDo juice will eat oily stuff, but I'm going to look into it. The Meg's All Wheel may work as I don't think it needs to be uber powerful. The stuff won't be "Baked" in with heat like wheels. There are just so many nooks and Crannies that it would be great to have something that will get the oil stuff like an APC and the Belt dust stuff (similar to break dust) like a wheel cleaner. Then I can hit it with the pressure washer.

I'll do some research, Once I get this sled cleaned up real nice, they are pretty easy to maintain. The previous owner didn't concern himself with keeping it clean under the hood.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 10:40:19 AM »
I imagine brakes and belts being substantially different materials requiring different products to release them. Is the aluminum polished?  If not maybe its not as big of a deal.   I really liked using Son ax wheel cleaner.  Like the iron x and what not, you let if dwell and it would change color and stuff.  Decent cleaner.  Most effective:least damaging to my polished aluminum wheels.  One thing I can tell you is don't use Megs Super Degreaser.  Let's leave it at that. 

Edit... you made me go look for it.

Tapatalkin...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 10:43:58 AM by Kitzy »

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 10:53:48 AM »
One of the biggest lessons I've learned on uncoated / polished aluminum surfaces (like wheels) is that temperature is critical. Don't even think of applying any chemicals to a hot wheel. 

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 11:28:50 AM »
You just got that monster, give it a go with a PFW pad and polish after cleaning it with SnR.

I don't know why polished AL is an option on something like wheels, seems to be asking for trouble.

Take a test spot with SnR and then follow it up with a junker PFW pad and a polish and see what happens.
- I don't think anyone would notice if the under side is not quite right in a test area.  That is unless they are under it, which would be a different set of problems.
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 01:08:26 PM »
You just got that monster, give it a go with a PFW pad and polish after cleaning it with SnR.

I don't know why polished AL is an option on something like wheels, seems to be asking for trouble.

Take a test spot with SnR and then follow it up with a junker PFW pad and a polish and see what happens.
- I don't think anyone would notice if the under side is not quite right in a test area.  That is unless they are under it, which would be a different set of problems.

Be said lots of nooks and crannies.  Machine polishing may not be an option.

Tapatalkin...

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 01:30:26 PM »
Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated!

There are some bits that will be polished afterwards. The tunnel and parts of the bulkhead can be polished as they are nice flat aluminum. I want to be able to hit the motor (aluminum cast block) and the frame with some kind of cleaner. I have had really good luck with a Diluted APC (Castrol Superclean), but would love to get the "brightness" back like I do on wheels with the SnR. With my old sled, I would actually pull the motor out pre-season so I could polish under it... :redneck:

Mike, That is the exact Meg's stuff that I have a full bottle of and was thinking of trying if the SnR made the Aluminum white. I have used diluted acid wheel cleaner on sleds before, but it's really harsh stuff that you need to be super careful with. I don't even know if we have any left at the farm as that was a few years ago.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2014, 01:47:10 PM »
Truck stops and truck shops sell aluminum cleaners that really brighten up the aluminum but it is far from polished.  Again, more of a whitish look.  Live used it on many tri-axle wheels that have the polished aluminum Alcoa wheels.  And on the fuel tanks.  I always polished afterwards though. 

Tapatalkin...

* Recent Photos

IMG_8604.JPG

Views: 3
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal