1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: 2014 Tundra - Interior  (Read 7167 times)

Offline iwarda

• Café Member
2014 Tundra - Interior
« on: May 01, 2014, 04:59:10 PM »
Here goes...my first post in the forum.  Bought the truck in November and have pretty much neglected it for the first 5 months and change of ownership in terms of cleaning and detailing the interior.  After a long, hard Vermont winter...it sure needed it.  Finally got a day off with some decent weather so decided to take a crack at it.  Spent about 4 hours working on the inside vacuuming, cleaning, and conditioning. 

Actually pretty happy with how it all turned out.  Stupidly I made a rookie mistake and didn't take any "before" photos but then again, that might have been too embarrassing.  Just picture salty roads, snowboarders climbing in and out with boots and all sorts of other dirty/wet accessories, long road trips with feet kicked up, and a dog who loves to go for rides.  The dog hair was honestly the toughest part of the job making sure it was all out of the carpets.  Even my nice Filson tin cloth seat cover doesn't prevent all the hair and muddy paws from getting in there.

Check out the finished work.  Had just enough time for the first hand wash of the spring but just used a shampoo...nothing specific for the wheels or other components and didn't get into any other products.  Will have to save that for the next half a day I have free when I'll tackle the exterior. 

Light sucked by the end of the day when I snapped these photos...but it sort of gets the point across.

Offline iwarda

• Café Member
Re: 2014 Tundra - Interior
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 05:02:19 PM »
One more...

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 05:23:15 PM »
Awesome work Ian! You can do my interior work anytime you want now.  :redneck:

But seriously folks, I saw this truck a few weeks ago when Ian was up in Rochester and it was, um, a mess. Nice turn around!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 05:52:55 PM »
Great Work! Nice first post and on a pretty sweet ride too! :cheers:
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 08:07:09 PM »
Lack of pictures (before pics in this case) are expected from you.  Don't take it personally though.  Its Tom's fault.  Most things are though. 

Interior looks great though!  Nice work!

I was recently working at a Toyota dealership (on their parking lot, not car related) and was checking out some of the trucks and SUVs.  The Tundra 1479(? (1749...1974... 1947... or some other similar combo) has an absolutely SICK interior in my opinion.  Then I looked at a land cruiser I believe.  Another stunning interior with a cool third row.  Then I looked at the sticker and saw $80k and I LOLed.  No way would I pay 80 Gs for a Toyota SUV. 

Tapatalkin...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 09:37:52 PM »
turned out great.  :clap:

You might most of us on the site here hate ( and I do mean hate ) cleaning interiors.

It is a necessary evil that all of us have to do to match the exterior.
- Else it looks like a washed vehicle with dirty wheel wells.  :redneck:
Steve

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 09:48:38 PM »
dude, that looks fantastical.....

Very tidy clean up.   so this only 50% happened.   

Again well done.  Keep it up and agree with Scully...I freaking hate interiors. 

Hell I just tore my jeep dash apart to clean some dust....well kind of, I installed a lock pick and cleaned while i was there.  I am OCD like that

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 07:39:05 PM »
So it's unanimous, Ian is our new interior guy - since we all hate doing them. All we have to do is travel to Vermont any time we want one done. Yea, that's sort of close to Texas!

So Ian, you've now learned several things about the crew here at TDC:

1) Pics or it never happened. (Since you didn't post any "before" pics, your interior was obviously perfect to begin with.)

2) I'm responsible for just about anything that goes wrong around here - unless JP happens to blow up the site whilst messing with Tapatalk. (Oh wait, then it's still my fault.)

3) "Piling on" may be illegal in the NFL, but it's team sport here. (And it's all done just to bust your chops.)

4) Many if our members live in Texas for some reason. (Probably the "temperate" summers down there.)

5) And finally, you and I are the lone (so far) Toyota truck owners here. (They'll learn.)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 08:16:36 PM »
You still out number Chevy owners...

Tapatalkin...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 09:34:43 PM »

Tapatalkin...

Maybe, but we now have a contest ( doug messed up 3rd place by selling the Mrs' jeep ) happening.

Also, are we counting marketing number like Ford with "f-series" or just F-150 ?

Ian,

Uncle is right, with regards to the piling on, it is a team sport and everyone does their time in the barrel.
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 08:07:18 AM »

Tapatalkin...

Maybe, but we now have a contest ( doug messed up 3rd place by selling the Mrs' jeep ) happening.

Also, are we counting marketing number like Ford with "f-series" or just F-150 ?

Ian,

Uncle is right, with regards to the piling on, it is a team sport and everyone does their time in the barrel.
Last I remember, Tony had a Jeep as well.  Its rigged I tell ya!

Tapatalkin...

* Recent Photos

IMG_0138.jpg

Views: 1
By: hwm3

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal