April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: 2010 Mustang convertible top clean process  (Read 4966 times)

Offline sscully

• Café Member
2010 Mustang convertible top clean process
« on: March 23, 2014, 09:31:22 PM »
the SIL finally got rid of the gutter trap red stang and got a 2010 convertible instead  :dunno:

It was owned by someone at the dealer all this time, and the dealer was the one washing it ( going with a family member of the owners type of thing ).

The paint, as much of a mess as it looks I can deal with, it is the convertible top I have a question about.

It is not the right color, should be tan but looks more dirty faded Carharrt jacket instead.

Don't know if I should just go auto soap, PB-APc ( 15:1 ) or get something top specific like Raggtopp for a cloth top.

This is out there for me.  Also, seem the pipping is starting to check at the bend points, if this matters.

A family member that has a C make of some kind convert gave them the suggestion of the touchless wash down the street.
- This is the one that specializes in dropping towels on the ground, and picking them up and going back to drying.  I would not let them clean my rototiller let alone a vehicle.

Just want to gather suggestions on the top, I am off in the weeds on this one.  Rather than fixing the paint, and having a crap looking top on it, I'd at lest like to take 2 or 3 years of the crap off of it.

thanks guys.
Steve

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: 2010 Mustang convertible top clean process
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 11:35:36 AM »
Wow Steve, that's a tough one. I approach fabrics very gingerly because many of the chemicals that do a great job cleaning them also do a good deal of harm down the road. (The stitching on vinyl boat upholstery being a classic example.) I'll be watching to see what some of the experts think you should do here.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
Re: 2010 Mustang convertible top clean process
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 10:59:39 PM »
The vinyl top, Raggtopp makes one just for that, and a different one for fabric.

The 2 I got before posting :

1. RaggTopp Fabric Convertible Top Cleaner/Protectant Kit
2. 303 Convertible Top Cleaner & 303 High Tech Fabric Guard ( fabric, vinyl is 303 Aerospace Protectant )
- The 303 top cleaner is called out for both fabric and vinyl

I side towards Raggtopp, just because they have a cleaning product specific to fabric.
- Does it matter, got me ?  Sounds good, could be the same stuff in different bottles.

Not like it is going to happen any time soon, just preping for the memorial day sales at vendors..

Steve

* Recent Photos

IMG_2495.JPG

Views: 1
By: gipraw

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal