The Café Detailing Help Desk > Detailing Help

A Little Microfiber Towel Help?

(1/10) > >>

Too Stroked:
Hey guys, I have a question on laundering my microfiber towels that?s been bothering me for months. When I first buy new Ultra Plush (or any other) microfiber towels, they?ll suck up water like no tomorrow. After the first wash and dry though, they?re nowhere near as good at soaking up water. Nothing I?ve tried so far will bring them back to the original condition.

So here?s what I do to wash them right now. I throw them in the washer for a hot water wash / cold water rinse. I use Tide detergent plus some Oxi-Clean powder and a half cup of Vinegar. Recently, I began adding Micro-Restore too per the instructions on the bottle.  For drying, I toss them in the dryer on medium heat with no fabric softener.

My theory is that since I only have one washer and dryer, maybe there?s some buildup of fabric softener from regular laundry loads on the dryer drum and that?s getting onto / into the microfibers and preventing them from working as designed. Other than that, I?m fresh out of ideas. Your thoughts? 

Blown F-150:
I pretty much do the same thing only I use Woolite instead of Tide. I don't think my MF's are getting back to the way they were either. I've tried to hand wash with Woolite as I figured the same thing on the residue from previous washes, but not much improvement.

Has anyone found a MF specific wash that works?

Rollingrock:
Prob need Justin to see this...I think he told me one time to boil them on the stove from time to time.

Too Stroked:

--- Quote from: Rollingrock on March 17, 2014, 05:09:19 PM ---Prob need Justin to see this...I think he told me one time to boil them on the stove from time to time.

--- End quote ---

If it's that simple, I can make it happen. Should one of us PM him? Others would like to know too.

Kitzy:
Get the fire pit going and get a huge pot.  There you go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version