1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Help me find this  (Read 15257 times)

Offline sscully

• Café Member
Re: Help me find this
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2014, 09:26:44 AM »
Anyone ever try these ? Almost same size and half the price as the PB

http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Water-Magnet-Drying-Towel/dp/B0009IQZFM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390691053&sr=8-1&keywords=waffle+drying+towel

They work good for drying the dogs.

I fell for the Meguiars marketing once again, and got 2 some time back. 
True to their extensive non chemical product marketing, they fell short of what was claimed.
- I agree with Tom, just by touch they felt like sandpaper.

Meguiars needs to stick with what they know, chemicals.  The other products, they are competing for 4th place in my book.
Steve

Offline Bigmoss

• Charter Member
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 04:21:14 PM »
Hey guys question for you, I ordered a couple of the micro finer mitts and waffle towels for drying and used them for the first time today.

How are you guys getting the water out of those towels while drying the car ? By the time I did the hood alone it was so water logged like a beach towel. Im a big guy and even ringing it out as hard as possible hardly removed any water and so it leaves streaks.

Any advice ?
2008 F150 Screw Lariat
2008 Mercedes CL500

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 06:12:02 PM »
I use my leaf blower on the whole vehicle before drying it. As weird as it sounds and looks, it really saves a ton of time. And you'll only need one MF towel then too!

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 06:19:22 PM »
I use my leaf blower on the whole vehicle before drying it. As weird as it sounds and looks, it really saves a ton of time. And you'll only need one MF towel then too!

+1 This is my preferred method...just need to get another leaf blower now... :uugly:
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 07:50:41 PM »
At the very least, make sure to do the water sheeting method first.  Remove the nozzle from the hose and let it flow over the paint and sheet the water off.  This removes a lot of the water.  If your water pressure is pretty strong, it helps to kink the flow enough that the water doesn't splash on to the paint. 
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2014, 08:06:44 AM »

+1 This is my preferred method...just need to get another leaf blower now... :uugly:

+1 This works great. 

Just watch how cheap you go with the electric ones, some are about on par with a hairdryer if you go dirt cheap.
- The blower off the top of my rigid shop vac works pretty well, but nowhere near what the Sthil does.

The other option is to go with one of the vac-n-blows but those are just over priced for what they are.
- Is it really that important to have the air slightly warmed over the motors before exiting the output, vs a standard blower ?  I think marketing did a number on people with that one...
Steve

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2014, 08:23:58 AM »
I use one of these

Then I blot dry.

I wring the towels out with by hand, and it works fine for blotting. 

================

Doug

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2014, 03:57:58 PM »
At the very least, make sure to do the water sheeting method first.  Remove the nozzle from the hose and let it flow over the paint and sheet the water off.  This removes a lot of the water.  If your water pressure is pretty strong, it helps to kink the flow enough that the water doesn't splash on to the paint.

This is the method I use as well and I can totally dry an Expedition with 6 Superfly's. 

4 for the paint, 1 in each hand...and 2 last ones for the roof. 

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

* Recent Photos

11.jpg

Views: 2
By: jkilmurray

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal