April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: CarPro Reflect - High Gloss Finishing Polish  (Read 13153 times)

Offline sscully

• Café Member
Re: CarPro Reflect - High Gloss Finishing Polish
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 03:13:00 PM »
Got a chance to try the reflect I bought ( got it some time back from Merlin's review on F150OL ).

I have to say, side by side against PB ProPolish ( same pad, same process ) I cannot tell the difference.

Don't get me wrong, it is a nice finishing polish. It really is no dust on removal like advertised and it nice to work with.

Comparing Reflect to ProPolish

Reflect 500 ML = 19.99 ( reg 21.99 at ADS )
ProPolish 16 oz = 18.95

I would suspect it works as nice as Menz SF400 ( 28.99 reg 35.99 at ADS for 16 oz ) from what memory tells me, but I did not try that side by side today.

I have not tried if Reflect would work the same as PB PP by changing the aggressiveness of the pad; to increase the correction ability, to know if that would work.
- It is not advertised that way, I did not look to see if someone tried that yet.

Side by Side - Can you tell which is PB ProPolish and which is Reflect ?
- This is before a coat of Menz PL

Again I am not bashing it, it works well.  If you have PB ProPolish; it is worth considering the cost outlay to get something similar to what could already be in your cabinet.
- I use PB ProPolish quite a bit.  I would say about as much as OPT HyperPolish ( only use PP in the house for polishing chrome and solid surface counter tops )
Steve

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 05:20:37 PM »
Steve,

Thanks for taking the time to compare two very good products side by side. As usual, you did in a very scientific manner. That's the kind of thing we want to keep doing here at the Caf?.  :cheers:

As for my personal take on which product worked better, it's really tough to do that based only on photographs. (And remember, I spent 36 years working for a company that pretty much invented photography.) Sometimes photos do a great job of showing that one product is clearly superior to another. When the products are closer in overall performance though, you really have to be there. At least now I know that two products I actually have on my shelf work pretty darn well!

Tom

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 08:07:36 PM »

(And remember, I spent 36 years working for a company that pretty much invented photography.)

Tom

???:-::):-*

Thumbs up for PP!
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 10:32:52 PM »
...<snip>.... When the products are closer in overall performance though, you really have to be there. At least now I know that two products I actually have on my shelf work pretty darn well!

We have a winner.

Even in person on the Electric Blue Metallic GM paint, it is hard to spot any delta in the 2 products.

As I posted above, Reflect is a good product. 
Does a great job of finish polish, no dust all as advertised.  Works very well. 

I have been doing this for some time already; the follow up polish with PB PP on a blue / red pad before going to LSP or coating.
- Every OC 2.0 I use a follow up polish of PP before coating.  Now I can use the Reflect until the quart is gone.
Steve

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 08:49:19 AM »
thanks for the wright up...

Question on the OC 2.0...how often are you applying it?

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline hwm3

• Café Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 06:51:39 PM »
I've got some Reflect on the way. Gonna try it out on my truck and a buddies black Mustang. It will be hard to tell much on the truck, but the Mustang should be a good test. It's a 2012 and pretty swirled/hologrammed.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2014, 07:07:12 PM »
...<snip>...
Question on the OC 2.0...how often are you applying it?

Only once per section so far.  I have a few vehicles that I have been OC 2.0'ing over time.  I take my time correcting the paint so it is 90%+ before I OC it.
- After that, the defects are there until you compound the OC off.
Steve

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2014, 07:09:20 PM »
I've got some Reflect on the way. Gonna try it out on my truck and a buddies black Mustang. It will be hard to tell much on the truck, but the Mustang should be a good test. It's a 2012 and pretty swirled/hologrammed.

Reflect is a finish / gloss enhancing polish. 
Not made for swirl / hologram removal.
Steve

Offline hwm3

• Café Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2014, 08:06:04 PM »
Reflect is a finish / gloss enhancing polish. 
Not made for swirl / hologram removal.

I'm aware of that. My point was that gauging gloss on my Sterling Grey metallic truck will be much more difficult than the black Mustang.

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal