April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: CarPro Reflect - High Gloss Finishing Polish  (Read 13239 times)

Offline Merlin

• Café Member
    • Quicksilver Forum
CarPro Reflect - High Gloss Finishing Polish
« on: December 28, 2013, 07:19:23 AM »

My thoughts...

I've used 3M Perfect-It 3000 Machine Polish (AKA Ultrafina) and Menzerna PO85rd for years.
I just used the CarPro Reflect: High Gloss Finishing Polish and all I can say is AWESOME!!!
http://www.carpro-us.com/reflect-high-gloss-finishing-polish-250ml/
It blew me away. My wife (who does NOT have a discerning eye) noticed a BIG difference.
If you have been on the fence about a finishing polish Reflect delivers extremely high gloss.

Over the years I have used MANY different polishes on Shamu...mostly on the black paint.
I've never been able to get the silver paint to have a high gloss or shine that I really liked.
Yes, I have used many products on the silver but that "sparkle" I wanted was never there.
I had given up of the fact that I was ever going to be able to achieve a high gloss finish.

After first using Reflect on the wifes car I got up enough gumption to try in on the silver.
I have to tell you that the clarity, shine and gloss on the silver paint is truly outstanding!
I am finally able to achieve that "sparkle" that I've been looking for after all these years.

IMHO - This one is a game changer folks. It leaves the others in the dirt.
Half the price and IMHO a much higher level of gloss. Did I mention easy?
CarPro has done it again. They have knocked this one completely out of the park.
I'll post pics of the silver paint on Shamu as soon as I get the opportunity to take 'em.

Product Info from manufacturer...

"Reflect removes light swirls, holograms, and compound haze while producing a
reflective extremely high gloss mirror finish in its place.  Best of all Reflect is not
oily and does not contain durable fillers that interfere with your true results."

CarPro Photos by Corey

CarPro Reflect quickly and easily creates an incredibly high gloss finish that must be seen to be believed!  Comprised of diminishing abrasive technology, Reflect removes light swirls, holograms, and compound haze while producing a reflective extremely high gloss mirror finish in its place.  Best of all Reflect is not oily and does not contain durable fillers that interfere with your true results.   

Here at CarPro USA we and our Finest detailers have worked hand in hand developing and testing CarPro Reflect over the past few months and we can happily say this has become our favorite finishing polish on the market!  Reflect produces an extremely deep reflective finish in less time than other polishes and wipes off like a dream!!  From the eyes of some of the best detailers in the world to independant tests done using computer controlled gloss meters we can be confident in the reflections and depth you will create with Reflect as your finishing tool of choice. 

Features:
  • Produces an extremely reflective and glossy finish
  • Wipes off like a dream
  • Diminishing abrasives and unique nanotech materials
  • No durable fillers, No silicones, No waxes, No polymers, and No Teflon
  • No dusting
  • Excellent with both Rotary & Dual Action
  • Removes fine swirls from coatings with appropriate pad
  • Great value!

Directions:
  • Apply very thin line or x across pad
  • Spread product on low speed across section with one pass
  • Increase speed to around 5 on Dual Action
  • As Reflects diminishing abrasives break down lighten pressure and/or speed and continue to work until fully broken down
  • Wipe paint with Yellow Fellow towel and inspect or move onto next section
  • Clean pad with brush and apply 4-5 small dots or 2-3 drops of product for next section

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Re: CarPro Reflect - High Gloss Finishing Polish
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 02:28:12 PM »
Merlin,

I bought a bottle of this stuff based on a recommendation from you in another forum. The only vehicle I've used it on so far was a white Toyota Rav4. The results looked pretty darn good, but as I said in the thread I posted up on the vehicle, I'm going to reserve judgment until I try it on a darker color. I have a red Chevy pickup that's pretty beat that I may get to this week. That one should be a good test.

Tom

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 04:45:44 PM »
Do you happen to have any photos of the silver?

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 05:43:29 PM »
Do you happen to have any photos of the silver?

JP,

I my never ending service to this fine web site, sometimes I throw myself down and test new products on my very own vehicles. Today happened to be just such a day and I decided to try the Reflect product on my 2006 Scion xB. The paint didn't need any correction, so it was a quick wash and Nanoskin, then off to the Reflect. I used a white LC CCS pad on my Flex and went to work. I followed the Reflect with Menzerna Power Lock.

Oh, and before you guys jump all over me for not doing the wheel wells, it was pouring rain outside and I had to drive 32 miles back home when I was done. Here's what silver looks like afterwards:

Although I still want to try this stuff on a dark color, so far I give it a solid two thumbs up.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 05:52:29 PM »
Oh, and just for Mike and Dave, here's what you saw the reflection of in that very last photo. The boss just bought us a 6' Snow Blower for the Bobcat 5600 Toolcat at the marina. Yes, it's kind of fun to use!

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 06:19:38 PM »
That is what I need !!!  :slow:

Steve

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 06:27:39 PM »
Same machine and same attachment - just with the extended chute. You've really got to watch what you're getting into though. The blower can throw rocks even further than it can throw snow. Ask me how I know that.  :wow:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 07:13:35 PM »
OK first off, that silver looks fantastic!  That is a great combination. 

Secondly, I want that snow blower!  Seriously, I've had enough shoving.  It might be a little wide for my sidewalks though. 
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 09:03:35 PM »
I want that snow blower!  Seriously, I've had enough shoving.  It might be a little wide for my sidewalks though.

Come on Mike. It's only six feet wide.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 10:18:52 PM »
Thanks Tom

That silver is f'ing amazing man.    :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

you got the touch brother...preach it. 

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 12:14:47 AM »
I want that snow blower!  Seriously, I've had enough shoving.  It might be a little wide for my sidewalks though.

How's the heat in it?  I can make 6 feet work at one location.  I used a skidsteer for the whole thing now but its cold.  Real cold.  Speaking of... big storm tomorrow for us.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 07:23:14 PM »

How's the heat in it?  I can make 6 feet work at one location.  I used a skidsteer for the whole thing now but its cold.  Real cold.  Speaking of... big storm tomorrow for us.

The heat is actually pretty good. The biggest problem is snow blowing back on the windshield. It's particularly a problem when blowing to the driver's left. And you really have to be on your toes with down pressure. "Float" mode gives too much down pressure, so I keep a soft hand on the joy stick and tickle it almost constantly. If you hit something solid, you'd better have the seat / lap belt on!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 07:24:35 PM »
Thanks Tom

That silver is f'ing amazing man.    :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

you got the touch brother...preach it.

Thanks JP. I think it's more a combination of really nice silver paint on the car and a pretty decent new product. You might want to try this stuff.

Offline Merlin

• Café Member
    • Quicksilver Forum
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 12:10:52 PM »
If I only had two polishes they would be M101 and Reflect

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 01:50:33 PM »
Same machine and same attachment - just with the extended chute. You've really got to watch what you're getting into though. The blower can throw rocks even further than it can throw snow. Ask me how I know that.  :wow:

No need to ask now.

The village clearing the sidewalk with a similar attachment on the bobcat skid steer tore my water shut off cap ( set in the sidewalk ) tore it to bits and pile drove it through the deep snow in the ditch.
- Think I will find it in MAR when the snow melts, stuck into the ground. 
The way it sounded it, I am sure it is stuck in the frozen ground right now like shrapnel .  :wow:
Steve

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal