April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Hard work paying off!  (Read 83558 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Hard work paying off!
« Reply #225 on: January 21, 2016, 08:58:54 AM »
200 is the lowest I remember being and that was in 2002? 300 being the heaviest.  I don't know what I weigh now.   
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2016, 12:07:59 AM »
Great work Mike, I'm impressed with how you have been able to stick to it.  :cheers:
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: May 03, 2016, 07:47:41 PM »
Thanks!  I somehow missed this before. 

It's easy to stick with it because I enjoy it.  I look forward to it and even miss it on those much needed off days. 

Well, its that time of year.  I've been cutting for I think almost 5 weeks now.  Trying to get back down to 210 (from 252) so I can compare pics of my previous best.   Currently sitting at 239.  Not sure how accurate thst is because I was laid up this weekend and didn't want to eat a thing and was dehydrated.  I weighed in the day after as that's my day to weigh in. 

Anyway, still at it and feeling good.  Been doing intermittent fasting and its really fits my lifestyle.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #228 on: May 03, 2016, 11:15:14 PM »
Do you do 4 x 12s ?

I just changed up from 3x5s to tri sets
- 2x12s of 3 exercises - Arms, Shoulders and Core are 2 sets of 3.

I need a step to 4 x 12s, I tried shoulder day copying Dwayne johnson's Herc sets, and I thought I got my ass kicked up and down the block.
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #229 on: May 04, 2016, 07:51:17 PM »
Sorry.  Crazy work day.  We are doing a job for a major supplier of ours who have people from their European office here and everything is being videoed.  Which is annoying enough but its also just an annoying job to begin with.  Having 100 people watching you all day and videoing you just makes it worse.

Anyway, enough bitching.  I'm doing everything in sets of 5, 12+ reps each.  Bent over dumball rows being the exception.  Those reps are in the 6-8 rep range.  And now with working again, I am not restricting myself to certain exercises.  I try to hit 3 or more per body part but I'll do different variations depending on what's open because I can't wait for equipment.  This past chest and bicep day was fun.  I wasn't in the mood to lift too heavy so I just chased the pump.  Short rests, moderate weight, and lots of reps.  It bells I was buzzing off of 400mg of caffeine from my preworkout and I hadn't consumed a single calorie in about 20 hours. 

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #230 on: May 04, 2016, 10:10:07 PM »
Thanks for the info.

I was going 4 x 12 ( 4x14 and 3x10 and 3 x failure ) like the Rock, but that was an ass beating I was not ready for.

the Tri Sets is putting a good pump on, without being a beating.
- I have to shower and get back to work after working out.

It is not the 5 x 12s that you are doing, but it is the quick succession on a mussel group with 3 different exercises.
Example : Yesterday was back:
Wide grip lat pull downs ( 12 )  right to back hyper extensions ( roman chair like device with 20# weight vest 12 reps ) then right to Australian pull ups ( 12 reps ), then a 60 sec rest and back at it for another set.

I figure that I am working the fat burn a bit more with this than 3x5s.

Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #231 on: May 05, 2016, 09:07:55 PM »
Love wide grip lat pulldowns.  I don't do them enough.  My 5x12s are usually a warm up set or two, and then increasing the weight 3 or 4 times until I am at a weight that's usually my max weight given the targeted amount of reps and I will do 3 sets at that weight which usually ends in failure each set and I will occasionally drop down a weight or two and bang one last lighter set out until failure after I fail with the previous heavy set.  Example...

Dumbell flat bench press
60s x12 right in to 70s x12
80s x12
90s x12
100s x12
110s x12
And then 2-3 sets of 120s until failure because I can't reach 12. 
Sometimes dropping back to 110s or 100s for a final set of as many as I can muster just to finish off the pump. 

This is how much of my major compounds go.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #232 on: May 06, 2016, 07:41:24 AM »
That is more like an 8 x 12 or 9 x 12  :clap:

For chest day how many different exercises do you do ?
- assuming that with dumbbell flat bench press being primary chest alt shoulder / tricep, this is a chest day.
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #233 on: May 06, 2016, 07:55:48 AM »
I don't count warm ups.  Haha. 

That would be done on a chest/biceps day.  I usually alternate between a chest exercise and a biceps exercise until I run out of chest exercises then I just hammer biceps until I'm content or I need to hurry home to eat before my window closes. 

Flat DB Press
Some kind of standing bar curl using fat grips.  Either straight or EZbar
Incline bench usually hammer strength machine often superset with seated incline DB curls to get that full stretch. 
Chest fly on the pec deck.
DB Hammer curls
Preacher bench curl machine
Behind the back cable curls

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #234 on: May 14, 2016, 08:04:12 PM »
Damn. First day back in a week and a half.  12-13 hour days and I've spent everyday since Friday visiting someone in the hospital after those long days of work.  Felt good to be back.  I have a lingering lower back pain that even that time off didn't fix so I'm not sure what's going on there.  Deadlifted and squated through it today but could only manage 365 for 4 reps on deads.  Hamstrings crapped out on me during squats because of excessive pump.  Pushed through that but I'm hurting.  Going to make a rare Sunday visit to the gym tomorrow to try to get back on track.  Weigh in Monday morning.  Last weigh in was 236.  I need a new scale though.  Parts of the last number are missing sometimes so its hard to tell the difference between 3s, 6s, 8s, and 9s.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 08:07:17 PM by Kitzy »

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #235 on: May 16, 2016, 08:02:38 PM »
234 lbs this morning

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #236 on: May 17, 2016, 06:25:48 PM »
Not to brag, but this old guy weighed in at 198 today.  :om:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #237 on: May 17, 2016, 06:42:41 PM »
I'll see you there, Tom! 

Well, maybe not.  But I won't rule it out either.  I will reevaluate at around 210.  Not sure how I'd look under 200. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #238 on: May 18, 2016, 06:14:13 PM »
I'll see you there, Tom! 

Well, maybe not.  But I won't rule it out either.  I will reevaluate at around 210.  Not sure how I'd look under 200.

I'm trying to get to 195 - or maybe even 190. Gotta look good for the wedding (whenever that happens) you know.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #239 on: May 18, 2016, 07:43:23 PM »
Gotta look good naked!

* Recent Photos

IMG_1458.JPG

Views: 1
By: gipraw

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal