* Calendar

March 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Hard work paying off!  (Read 82620 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Hard work paying off!
« Reply #210 on: October 17, 2014, 09:35:26 PM »
I officially unofficially started my bulk.  6 months of trying to add as much muscle mass as possible.  That means.... EATING!!!  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little scared to gain the weight back.  Going to monitor my weight weekly to make sure its not skyrocketing and continue with my monthly progress photos to see what my body is doing, is storing too much fat or what. 

Also, started abs for the first time in a long time.  They are so sore it hurts if someone else sneezes.  Rock on!

Tapatalkin...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #211 on: November 17, 2014, 06:26:19 PM »
It's been a while.  I'm a month in to my bulk.  I have been eating a lot and a good bit of it is not the healthiest.  But man does it taste good and is very welcomed after 9 months of pretty strict dieting and low calories intake.  Oddly enough, even though I feel like I'm already gaining some pudge back and I feel that it's noticeable, people at the gym keep telling me I look great and asking me if I'm still trying to lose weight. 

I honestly have not stepped on a scale to properly weigh myself since I started my bulk.  I'm a little scared.  It's been almost two months since I weighed in at my lowest weight of 209.  I'm guessing I'm closer to 220 now.  We will see in about a week. 

I switched back to a low rep scheme for my compound lifts and my strength seems to be returning quickly and even surpassing what it was in some exercises back before my cutting cycle. 
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #212 on: November 29, 2014, 11:18:39 AM »
Pulled my heaviest weight deadlifting to date.  425lbs for two reps.  Last week I did 405lbs for 4 reps but it was a little sloppy.  I did 5 clean reps of 405 this week and felt great so I jumped up 20lbs.  Felt awesome.

Tapatalkin...

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #213 on: February 10, 2015, 10:47:43 PM »
It's been over 2 months.  I was feeling good today.  Did a killer shoulder workout.  After talking with a guy at the gym who has been in the bodybuilding business as a competitor and a trainer for an long time and is very well known, I was feeling reenergized the last couple days and and trying to incorporate some new things.  My diet has been eat everything in sight.  Semi clean but not clean enough.  Bulk ends in the next month or month and a half.  Then its hardcore diet time.  I snapped a few pics so here they are.  Lighting is terrible so i have to find a good spot and can't use a flash.  What you can see is that I put on some size.  I got wider in a good way but my diet also has me washed out and lacking the definition I worked so hard for last year.  One thing at a time though.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #214 on: February 11, 2015, 10:39:12 AM »
Here's a quick shot from about 11 months ago.  It's the most similar picture I could find.  I only got smaller from there.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #215 on: February 11, 2015, 11:16:00 AM »
Great job Mike, I am continually impressed with your ability to stick with it!

We just put a Treadmill and Bowflex (Ultimate 2) in the new place and I have enjoyed using them and not having to go to the Gym. I am just working towards a 10k run in April and getting back in shape for the mountain bike, nothing crazy.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #216 on: February 11, 2015, 11:20:49 AM »
You say the word run and say nothing crazy.  I hear the word run and think you must be crazy.  Haha. 

I'm one of those people that enjoy the gym atmosphere.  I don't know that I could get the same workout at home even with The same equipment.  It also helps that my main gym is only maybe 2 miles away. 

It's funny though, I thoroughly enjoy going to the gym yet I look forward to those off days to give the body a break.  Then half way through an off day I find myself missing the gym.  Haha. Maybe I'm weird.

Tapatalkin...

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #217 on: February 11, 2015, 10:49:48 PM »
yeah second that, admire that perseverance and dedication. 

Looking sharp there bro.

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #218 on: February 12, 2015, 02:59:34 PM »
I third that - if that's actually possible. The last time I spent any serious time in the gym, I was in high school. And you don't want to know who was President back then.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: January 19, 2016, 08:44:11 PM »
It's been almost a year since an update.  Still going.  It's been a busy year.  I went to Tennessee twice.  I was killing it before I went back in August.  I was doing hill springs every day.  Was dropping weight at a nice pace.  Then right as I came back from Tennessee work picked up and I just couldn't make it.  I was out of the gym for 3 months or so.  Got back at it in December.  Been going strong since.  I'm very dedicated to putting on size right now.  That means moderately heavy weight for 12 reps.  It's mentally exhausting and I miss heavy weight for low reps but its the way it works. 

This post was spawned by a picture from 3 1/2 years ago I came across.  I had lost weight but never realized I was so small.  So here is that picture followed by two from today. 

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #220 on: January 19, 2016, 08:45:22 PM »
I am NOT lean in this picture.  It's not that time of the year.  Haha. 

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #221 on: January 19, 2016, 10:41:30 PM »
I am the biggest I have been....like EVER

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #222 on: January 20, 2016, 12:42:42 AM »
It happens.  Sometimes its had to find the time to put in work.  That's why I was out of the gym for 3 months.  No time.  That said, I feel really good about where I'm at and even have a few abs showing if I try hard enough.  It's a good start for when I cut back down. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #223 on: January 20, 2016, 12:59:24 PM »
I am the biggest I have been....like EVER
\\

I suppose noting that I was up a couple of pounds to 197 the other day (at age 59) wouldn't help anything here?

Hang in there JP, you'll get it back in line!

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #224 on: January 20, 2016, 11:40:18 PM »
Congrats on the progress.

I went back to standard 3x5s last JUN, I don't need to add any size. I do just fine with that myself.
- 54L jacket.

Last year I removed the dedicated chest day, and replaced it with a core day.
- arms - shoulders - back - Core are the days with weights.

I am trying to think back to the last time I weighed 197#

After a full month in Europe I came back down to 199, but that was back in JAN-2005  :wow:
Steve

* Recent Photos

IMG_0108.JPG

Views: 2
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal