April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Hard work paying off!  (Read 83909 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Hard work paying off!
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2014, 10:04:23 AM »
I haven't touched the battle ropes in a while.  Haven't had time.  It was a struggle just getting through my workouts with everything I had going on.  The heart rate monitor is neat though and opens your eyes a bit.  I didn't think my heart rate was so high during certain lifts and it motivates you to keep your pace up as you watch it fall during rests.  It wasn't uncommon to see it hit 176 during my workout.  I did a very rough counting of calories for yesterday.  I had french fries which i felt very guilty about.  It was hard to calculate given the foods I ate so I founded up for most of them.  My figures have me around 2700 calories and 260 grams of protein.  Calories are about 100 calories high and protein is 100+ grams low.  I shoot for the upper end of 1-1.5 grams per lb of body weight.  I'm aiming for  1000 calorie deficit on training days.  My BMR is about 2400.  Figure an average of 1200 burned at the gym.  The rest of my day is fairly relaxed.  So 3600 calories burned, probably a little higher.  A 2600 calorie intake should offset some of my off days not burning as much.  Going to hit back and tris today, maybe a shoulder exercise or three... missed that day this week and leg day but dont have time for everything if I want to get back on schedule.
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2014, 05:37:34 PM »
Just walked out of the gym.  Having a protein/creatine shake and taking a breather in the truck.  Threw some shoulders in on top of a heavy compound back and tris day.  Spent way too much time here but I feel good.  Just spent.   Keep in mind some of that time was talking to people and some was an emergency run to the bathroom.  You don't mess around with that kind of stuff at the gym.  It will not end well!

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2014, 09:39:14 PM »
Oh and I forgot to mention I pulled 405 for 2 reps on my dead lift.  Finally!

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2014, 01:29:19 AM »
405#, that is awesome  !!!

congrats
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2014, 09:33:55 AM »
Thanks!  Its been a while.  Maybe 3 years since I've done it.  Time to set a new goal.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2014, 06:14:44 PM »
Chest and bis day.  I love this day.  Switched my preworkout a little to an old trusty mix of one scoop C4 and one scoop N-Zero.  That handles the stimmed side of things, with an added half pill of my fat burner DexaprineXR.  On the non stim, pump side of my pre is two scoops of Hemavol and 4 potassium nitrate pills, both from iForce.  If you can get a good pump going on that then youre probably dead.  Altered my first flat dumbell working set a little because someone broke one of the 100# dumbbells in half.  No spotter today so I couldn't push for the extra rep with the 140# dumbbells but I got 3 clean reps so I was pretty happy.  Especially considering I had a MAJOR hip cramp for the whole set.  That's the worst.  Did some ropes, monkey bars and some speed bag to finish things up and burn off some more calories.  Today's count...

I just realized how close that was to my last one. 

I weighed myself the other morning at 254.  I didn't quite understand where the extra pound came from in 2 days.  Only thing I can think of is I havent been real "regular" since travelling.  If I havent been in the gym ive been in the bathroom today so hopefully thats straightened out.  Going to see where i stand in the morning.  Hoping for 252.  Hoping for 250 by the end of next week.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2014, 08:58:51 AM »
Annndddd...  252.0 it is.  The scale was messing with me.  It kept jumping between 251.6 and 252.0 before finally locking in at 252.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2014, 01:41:07 AM »
Mike...been trying to keep up with this thread.   Pretty cool to watch your changes...and the "regular" part you speak of, since I started running here and there and biking again...went from 1 time to up to 4 times per day...so I know I am moving "product" through the system...which translate to metabolism is kicking in.   

LOL    How old are we, that "regular" is a topic on weight loss.....
Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2014, 09:04:42 AM »
I don't know about you but I'm only as old as I feel.  Sooooo, late 70s, early 80s on any given day depending on what part of my body you ask. I'm pretty sure my grandma was walking faster than me the other day and she uses a cane.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2014, 09:41:34 AM »
I know what you mean.

I did squats, ropes and hip exercises ( same ones I got after the replacement ) on Sunday and monday night for the life of me I could not figure out why my knees and quads were sore when we went to Target.

the Mrs reminded me that I went all in on Sunday.
- You did XYZ yesterday, think that has something to do with it.."

Monday was a very long day for me.  Heck FEB has feels like it has been a quarter...
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2014, 11:20:27 AM »
Squats will do it.  I havent worked legs directly for almost three weeks.  I did however do deadlifts last friday and have been paying for it since.  Today is the first day I can walk pain (soreness) free since and it is leg day. Go figure. 

I have been doing ropes, speed bag and monkey bars as cardio this week.  Its fun, gets my heart rate up and burns those extra calories.  I had trouble during weights yesterday getting my heart rate up.  Maybe its just a product of shoulder day.  I need to be more efficient in my time.  My logs on my heart rate monitor are showing a decline on calories burned per minute letting me know my work outs have been a little less intense.  I need to change that.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2014, 12:48:10 PM »
Oh boy... squats may become squirts today.  Yeah... its that kind of day. 

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2014, 03:29:21 PM »
Oh boy... squats may become squirts today.  Yeah... its that kind of day.

Too Much Information!  :wow:

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2014, 08:30:31 PM »
Haha.  All went well.

Seemed to have stressed the area around the left elbow.  Can't tell if its tricep, joint itself, or a form arm muscle.  It could 2/3 or even all.  I think its just inflamed though because it seems to be getting better now that I'm not using it. 

So a new guy came in to the crossfit room where the ropes are while I was in there.  A buddy of his was training him.  I was using the ropes at the time while they were doing something else.  I was going for about a minute and a half.  They started talking about the ropes and how hard they are.  Their goal was 20 seconds.  The new guy, big heavier guy, was shooting for 5 seconds.  Good guys though.  They worked their butts off.  It must shows how intense the ropes can be.  Especially if you don't pace yourself.  They didn't like my idea of throwing body squats in while using the ropes to really up the intensity.   

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2014, 08:55:09 PM »
Don't even mention squats. That's the one move that really causes me significant pain with my right knee. But, surgery is scheduled for next Thursday morning. Hoping to be at least 90% recovered in time for starting back full time at the marina April 1st.

* Recent Photos

IMG_6196.JPG

Views: 6
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal