1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Hard work paying off!  (Read 83974 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: Hard work paying off!
« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2014, 06:58:08 PM »
Honestly, that picture doesn't look all that easy either.  Its all fine and dandy when you're moving 40-50# give or take but when you're trying to toss up 100# dumbbells or more I don't think I want to start at that level.  Then again I like to start from the locked out position.  Arms fully extended.

Today was a real test for me.  Mentally and physically.  Ever since going back to work I have been taking a preworkout.  I cycle off every 2 months or so for two weeks.  Those two weeks are tough sometimes when I was laid off let alone working 10+ hours.  Today was day one of no stims.  No caffeine, yohimbe... nothing.  I'm happy to say that while I felt mentally exhausted the entite time, I was able to push through and power through and did t miss a beat.  Still managed 140# DB flat press for 3 reps.  Managed 12 chin ups. 50# alternating dumbbell curls.  I struggled a little bit but pulled everything off. 

This stem break may be a week or so premature but I'm prepping my body for a possible new cycle if I can get the products. 

Tapatalkin...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: May 16, 2014, 10:06:20 AM »
Small entry here.  Straps came in on Monday, way earlier than expected.  I got to use them for shrugs which was great but I couldn't barbell shrug because all of the racks were taken.  I had use the shrug machine.  Not the end of the world.  Straps worked great.  Managed 7 plates on each side for 20 reps with #20 being a few second pause.  Focus was in the traps and not my grip for a change so straps seem a success.  Will know more after back today.  See how pull ups go. 

Weight is at 235 after multiple weigh ins this morning to make sure.  That's 2lbs after a horrible weekend of my diet but I put it back in check this week.  There was no loss last week so I remained at 237 and add to that I ate terrible for 3 days straight.  I can't complain I guess. 

I don't know what it is.  Maybe its my head being all over the place lately.  The stress from different angles.  Being overly busy.  I don't know but I feel I'm not progressing like I want to be and its frustrating.  The numbers say otherwise so I think its mental but I just feel fat.  I don't like the way I look.  And its getting frustrating not improving my weights even though I know during my cut I'm not supposed to be.  Oh well.  I will press on because I know I need to. 

After emailing Black Lion Research, I don't think I will be able to start the stack I want to after my stim break.  Their fat burner isn't back in stock yet anywhere and they didn't give me a time.  Just said they are working on it.  Their other product however might be available in time.  We will see.  I really wanted to try their fat burner.  Luckily their Mabel isn't a prop blend so maybe I can get the ingredients individually and go from there.

Tapatalkin...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 10:20:04 AM by Kitzy »
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2014, 09:29:15 PM »
233lbs this morning.  Today should be the last day of my stim break.  I may stretch it one more week because I don't know how much I will make it to the gym next week because of work.  Maybe a good thing because I did something to my shoulder Wednesday.  Yesterday I couldn't even adjust the volume while driving.  Today its about 50% better. 

Tapatalkin...

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2014, 11:56:22 PM »
Congrats.

Under 2 hand fulls to go !!

The week before mother's day I had a case of the ass and was doing Hyper Extensions on the Roman chair with 50# plates and I tweeked my left knee pretty good.

I have not done the chair yet, and it is much better now, so I know how you are.

I am going to look for a new roman chair, so I can adjust the leg pads, to behind the knees instead of putting force against my knees the wrong direction with the added weight.
- I do miss doing hyper extensions, really works the lower back nice !
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: May 24, 2014, 11:07:37 AM »
Thanks!
I have not done hyper extensions in a very long time.  Brutal exercise that will have your back feeling tighter than ever for a few days.  It just doesnt fit in to my back day.

225 isn't going to be enough.  I'm thinking a little more realistic goal is going to be 210-215.  That's just crazy for me to think about.  225 is still step one though.  I put on an old shirt today for around the house kind of stuff and it was huge on me. 

The shoulder is hurting quite a bit today.  We will see what happens. 

Tapatalkin...

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: May 25, 2014, 10:18:15 PM »
Frustrated!  My shoulder is really bothering me.  Doesn't help I was throwing footballs around all day yesterday with friends and their kids.  I think that was a set back.  Ugh.  Press on...

Tapatalkin...

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #156 on: May 26, 2014, 08:22:41 AM »
Frustrated!  My shoulder is really bothering me.  Doesn't help I was throwing footballs around all day yesterday with friends and their kids.  I think that was a set back.  Ugh.  Press on...

Tapatalkin...

You think ?

You know better than that.  That is going to cost you another week, at least.
- You might be best served by laying off weights, and stick to CV for at least a week, to give your shoulder a chance to heal.

I have not done anything that has my knee bending a lot or put a lot of weight on my knee.
- Normal standing weights I have been sitting down for the past week.

Obviously I have to walk for work, but I ice it at night, and this weekend I did some work out in the yard, I had knee braces on both knees and came in and iced them straight away.  This AM, my left knee feels fine.  Right is bothering me a slight bit, but I was really favoring my left, so I am sure I beat on it pretty good.

Give it a week off, stick to treadmill or elliptical this week only. 
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: May 26, 2014, 12:47:47 PM »
Eh.  We will see what happens.  I might not even make it to the gym at all this week so it may get a break anyway.  But if I do make it to the gym I will probably test it out. 

Tapatalkin...

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2014, 04:59:03 PM »
Well guys, I was back up to 198 before starting back at the marina in April. (But that was down from 218 when I retired from Kodak.) I stepped on the scale this morning and saw 192.6. Maybe I can hit 190 this summer.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: May 27, 2014, 05:52:25 PM »
Well guys, I was back up to 198 before starting back at the marina in April. (But that was down from 218 when I retired from Kodak.) I stepped on the scale this morning and saw 192.6. Maybe I can hit 190 this summer.

Nice!  Way to go, Tom!  Keep it up!

No gym for me today.  I was falling asleep at stop lights on the drive back to the ship.  My shoulder isn't right but it feels like it took a huge leap forward over night.  Going to try to hit legs tomorrow and then if things go right with work I will be in Maryland for two days.  Next week is a new week.

Tapatalkin...

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #160 on: May 27, 2014, 07:11:15 PM »

See what getting out from behind a desk and doing manual labor can do for weight loss.  :clap:
- that is my problem, my ass is formed to the seat of my truck.  Take customer to lunch, drive to next appointment, take customer to diner, drive back home for 2.5 hours.
Steve

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2014, 08:01:33 PM »
Thanks guys. If you saw what I do at my current job, you'd be very surprised that a 58 year old guy does it day in and day out. Physical doesn't come close to describing it. And yes Steve, getting out from behind a desk was the best move I've made in 35 years.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2014, 08:54:17 PM »
Thanks guys. If you saw what I do at my current job, you'd be very surprised that a 58 year old guy does it day in and day out. Physical doesn't come close to describing it. And yes Steve, getting out from behind a desk was the best move I've made in 35 years.

Good for you Tom! I do miss my "outside" jobs. One of my favorites was minnow trapping in the middle of nowhere, we used canoes, boats, Argo's and even a small plane (J-5 and Super Cub). It was awesome being outside every day.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: June 03, 2014, 08:01:34 PM »
Man, my body is all messed up.  I took a 3 week stim break.  No caffeine or other stimulants.  Last week I didn't go to the gym at all.  The plan was since I couldnt get a full week in because of work and my shoulder was messed up that I would just take the week off.  The out of town job got pushed back so I took the week off for nothing but my shoulder is better so whatever.

Now the plan after the stim break was to come back with some new supplements I wanted to try.  Well, I can't seem to get my hands on Follidrone since it sells out within minutes and I never know when its back in stock to time it so that's out I might have a chance in a few days again but I probably will miss it again.  I wanted to take the fat burner Incinderine but that isn't really even close to being back in stock.  I really wanted to use a fat burner again because I like the morning mood and energy boost and the appetite suppresent.  I looked around and decided to try Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite.  I liked the profile.  Problem is I wanted it for Monday morning when I went out of town and couldn't get it in time.  So I remembered I got a free bottle of Dialene 4x from Scivation a long time ago.  Scivation makes great products so I figured it would get me through a couple days.  I jumped right to max dose like always.  Felt good.  Destroyed my appetite.  I don't even want to eat.  Problem is now I don't think I'm eating enough and I'm light headed.  So I have to dial it in.  My workout showed today in reps and weight.  Way down.  But I also woke up at 5:30 and gym time 12 hours later I had maybe 800 calories in me.  Not enough at all.  And now, my new fat burner came in so I'm trying that tomorrow. 

Tapatalkin...

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: June 05, 2014, 06:54:34 AM »
Day 2 of Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite.  Seems OK.   Nothing mind blowing.  I think appetite suppression was better with Dialene 4x.  Energy might be a little better with HHE though.  But the weird part and the reason for the post is that the HHE might be raising my aggression level or making me irritable.  Its hard to say off of one day but if you asked the guy from the landscaping place yesterday that was working near us in a development, he would probably tell you I wasn't exactly the nicest person on the planet.  I really tore in to him.  He deserved it but I don't usually do that.  Although, I did do it last week to another landscaper on a different job so maybe it has less to do with supplements and more to do with my general mood, wrong place-wrong time kind of thing.  Some of it might be frustration in my personal life carrying over to other aspects of life and some of it might be that I'm exhausted with dealing with stupid people day in and day out so my patience is running out.  More time will hopefully tell. 

Tapatalkin...

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal