April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

TDC is growing!  Tell your friends to visit and join up! 

Author Topic: Hard work paying off!  (Read 83973 times)

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
Re: Hard work paying off!
« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2014, 06:31:10 PM »
Good for you Mike, sometimes you need to take a break from something to rekindle the enjoyment of it. The wife and I are back at the gym on a daily basis which is good. I'm now at 208lbs, that's the heaviest I've been since being 18 and it's not the same as I was working on a farm everyday...
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2014, 06:32:58 PM »
Good for you Mike, sometimes you need to take a break from something to rekindle the enjoyment of it. The wife and I are back at the gym on a daily basis which is good. I'm now at 208lbs, that's the heaviest I've been since being 18 and it's not the same as I was working on a farm everyday...

Thanks!  Its amazing how the same exact weight can look and feel so different. 

Tapatalkin...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2014, 06:41:08 PM »
congrats !!
- See taking a huge #2 before weigh in always works wonders  :redneck:

I'd have to look back up the thread, but that puts you within 13# of your target ????

I always mess with the sets I do, just to keep some interest in the program.
- That is why I am asking you the nagging 'are we there yet' questions.

This month quite a few days were abbreviated due to work load ( end of quarter for me ). 
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2014, 07:20:21 PM »
congrats !!
- See taking a huge #2 before weigh in always works wonders  :redneck:

I'd have to look back up the thread, but that puts you within 13# of your target ????

I always mess with the sets I do, just to keep some interest in the program.
- That is why I am asking you the nagging 'are we there yet' questions.

This month quite a few days were abbreviated due to work load ( end of quarter for me ).

Thanks!  And yes, my current goal is 225.  Whether it remains that as I get closer is yet to be determined but gotta set the number somewhere. 

Oh the days after work... yeah they get shortened sometimes.  Maybe drop a set off or leave a similar exercise out that's close to something else.  Gotta do what you gotta do to get through it. 

To elaborate on my change in shoulder routine.  I switched my overhead presses out temporarily.  I went to Arnold presses for dumbbells to help get my strength up on the lower portion of dumbbell shoulder presses.  And I am doing seated barbell shoulder press (military press).  Those replace standard dumbbell shoulder press and standing barbell shoulder press.

Tapatalkin...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2014, 09:30:34 PM »
I finally stepped up and bought a heart monitor today, we'll call it motivation.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #140 on: April 30, 2014, 10:00:53 PM »
I finally stepped up and bought a heart monitor today, we'll call it motivation.

What did you go with?  You're going to love it.  IG really helps keep you moving and on your toes.  And its get at helping you dial in your diet.

Tapatalkin...

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2014, 08:03:18 AM »
It's a simple FT4 by polar, seems to work well so far and pairs with the treadmill and elliptical.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: May 01, 2014, 12:53:11 PM »
It's a simple FT4 by polar, seems to work well so far and pairs with the treadmill and elliptical.

I think that's what I have as well.  I didn't know it paired with elliptical and treadmills though.  I guess I would have to use those machines first.

Tapatalkin...

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2014, 01:18:02 PM »
It's pretty cool and you can set the equipment to maintain a certain heart rate.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #144 on: May 01, 2014, 01:28:51 PM »

Cool. 

My Precor EFX546 does not have that feature, it is the hand grip style.  It is a used one off lease from a YMCA a few years back.
- Think I got it mid 2009, which would put it 2006/2007 MY.    It is a beast compared to the ones that Hilton has in the exercise rooms now days, which seem to no longer have the motorized ramps  :dunno:
Steve

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
« Reply #145 on: May 01, 2014, 01:39:01 PM »

Cool. 

My Precor EFX546 does not have that feature, it is the hand grip style.  It is a used one off lease from a YMCA a few years back.
- Think I got it mid 2009, which would put it 2006/2007 MY.    It is a beast compared to the ones that Hilton has in the exercise rooms now days, which seem to no longer have the motorized ramps  :dunno:

This one is a pretty good deal @ $65. I prefer the monitor that mounts to your chest, more accurate from what I have gathered.

http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Heart-Monitor-Watch-Silver/dp/B001U0OFCS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1398969405&sr=8-2&keywords=FT4+Polar

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: May 09, 2014, 05:35:51 PM »
No loss at all this week.  I ate terrible though.  In the blast two days I have had nothing but tacos, pizza and chocolate cake.  Gotta buckle back down next week.  I have a friends birthday tonight where much more pizza will be consumed.  So starting tomorrow.  Or sunday.  I have a party tomorrow with a pig roast. 

So 237 I remain.  Only news is that I broke down and purchased new straps.  My last straps came apart while shrugging.  I had 675# when I heard the rip.  I've gone without any for weeks.  Over a month probably.  Some of the weight is really starting to chew my hands apart.  Mainly shrugs and dead lifts.  And I've been wanting these straps for a while.  I finally bought a pair of Versa Gripps Pro.  I can't wait to try them out. 

Tapatalkin...

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2014, 12:56:29 PM »
Yesterday I worked out in the yard ( as in worked outside not "worked out" ) and by time I got done with moving plants around, setting a few new plant pot pavers and turning up the hose lines on the north side of the house, I was done for the day ( got done ~ 30 min before the cow pissing on a flat rock rain started ).

I was looking at what I did not do yesterday, and got the itch to change things up again.

Question on lower chest

Decline bench press with dumbbells or barbell ?

I have been doing barbell, but "air lifting" I am thinking I should change this to dumbbells.

Thoughts ??

Thanks
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: May 12, 2014, 04:14:35 PM »
I personally think dumbbells are a superior exercise.  That said, do whatever you're more comfortable doing.  If you find it difficult to get setup with the dumbbells then stick to barbell. 

Tapatalkin...

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2014, 05:38:31 PM »
Next sunday I will give it a try.

I have the hooks on the dumbbell handles ( the ones that they have a lifting contest every year to show how strong they are ).  I use them on the barbell as the starting point.

I keep looking at the Ironmaster dumbbell Spotting Stand for the bench, but it is a good amount of money for what it is.

I'll stick with the hooks for now.  I have been doing this for some time, so I am used to getting the hook up off the bar and returning them with inclines.  Decline should be easier, instead of reaching a slight bit behind me, it will be more inline with my chest to start off.
Steve

* Recent Photos

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal