1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Foam Gun Help  (Read 14213 times)

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
  • Don't just be good at what you do - be the best!
Foam Gun Help
« on: October 27, 2013, 06:05:18 PM »
Hey guys, my trusty Gilmore Foam Gun appears to have bitten the weenie. (I am going to run it through the Ultrasonic Cleaner at the marina tomorrow to see if it helps though.) Any thoughts or advice on what to replace it with and who to buy it from? I'd prefer to get something from one of our supporting vendors if possible.

Thanks!

Tom

Offline sscully

• Café Member
Re: Foam Gun Help
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 09:13:46 PM »
do you want to go foam gun again, or are you looking at a foam cannon for a Pressure washer ?
Steve

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 07:23:12 AM »
I would just get another one.

Seems you have had this one a while and they have had an update on design.   Do you have the version where the brass fitting controls the ratio or do you have the more modern dial with numbers?

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 06:00:13 PM »

Seems you have had this one a while and they have had an update on design.   Do you have the version where the brass fitting controls the ratio or do you have the more modern dial with numbers?

Yea, that's pretty much the conclusion I came to. Looks like Amazon.com has a decent selection. I have the one with the sliding brass rod that controls the ratio. My cell phone has the dial with numbers.  :redneck:

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 06:31:30 PM »

Yea, that's pretty much the conclusion I came to. Looks like Amazon.com has a decent selection. I have the one with the sliding brass rod that controls the ratio. My cell phone has the dial with numbers.  :redneck:

The fact you had the brass one last as long as you have, call it a win and get the update version.   Much better.   

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 06:39:48 PM »

The fact you had the brass one last as long as you have, call it a win and get the update version.   Much better.

Any idea what the model # is on that one?

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 07:54:34 PM »
I have the brass fitting as well.  Same gun I've always had.  Works like a charm. 
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 09:10:59 PM »

no prob

This one

Gilmour 95QGFMR Foamaster II Cleaning Sprayer

http://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-95QGFMR-Foamaster-Cleaning-Sprayer/dp/B000Y190WE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1383012618&sr=8-2&keywords=gilmore+foam+gun

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 08:05:52 AM »
Steve

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 08:29:31 AM »

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 05:33:07 PM »

no prob

This one

Gilmour 95QGFMR Foamaster II Cleaning Sprayer

http://www.amazon.com/Gilmour-95QGFMR-Foamaster-Cleaning-Sprayer/dp/B000Y190WE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1383012618&sr=8-2&keywords=gilmore+foam+gun

Thanks JP! I just ordered two. One for me and one for the marina.

Offline Bigmoss

• Charter Member
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 06:36:54 PM »
Guys are you just using regular car soap in the foam guns or do they require a special foam soap ? I might try one depending what is involved.
2008 F150 Screw Lariat
2008 Mercedes CL500

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2014, 07:45:59 PM »
Guys are you just using regular car soap in the foam guns or do they require a special foam soap ? I might try one depending what is involved.

You can use virtually any car wash soap in the Foam Gun. And trust me, once you use one of these bad boys, you'll never go back to a bucket of suds.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 08:14:22 PM »
I beg to differ.  I use a foam gun and two buckets.  I just like that the foam gun throws a layer of lubrication on the panel I'm working on.  Like Tom said, you can use any soap you want.  The key is getting the ratio correct.  Most soaps are decently thick and dont like going through some of the smaller holes in the foam gun.  I dilute mine in the canister of the foam gun and then again using the settings on the foam gun itself to get it just right per manufacturers recommendations of oz per bottle. 
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Too Stroked

• Café Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 08:28:32 PM »
I beg to differ.  I use a foam gun and two buckets.  I just like that the foam gun throws a layer of lubrication on the panel I'm working on.  Like Tom said, you can use any soap you want.  The key is getting the ratio correct.  Most soaps are decently thick and dont like going through some of the smaller holes in the foam gun.  I dilute mine in the canister of the foam gun and then again using the settings on the foam gun itself to get it just right per manufacturers recommendations of oz per bottle.

Sorry, I mis-spoke. I still use buckets, but not to soap up the vehicle. When using the Foam Gun, I hose down the whole vehicle with the hose to blast off any large / easy to remove crud. Then I soak the whole thing down with the Foam Gun. It's after that where I go back to two buckets and my trust orange microfiber mitt.

* Recent Photos

DSC_0104.JPG

Views: 4
By: attworth

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal