Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Wife's new whip  (Read 50838 times)

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
Re: Wife's new whip
« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2012, 12:17:19 PM »
So this morning went pretty well. I took apart the fuse block and cleaned out all the gunk on the connections. Found out the turn signals don't work now and Im not sure when that started. Through trouble shooting I found a loose wire on the left tail light so I fixed that.

Once the wife got up we bled all the old fluid out of the brakes. They feel much better now. Also plugged a nail hole I found in one of the tires.

Not a bad day. Now I need money for parts.  :cry:

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2013, 06:57:10 PM »
Well, I'm pretty much an idiot. My last post mentioned that my lights weren't working.

One thing I'm not sure I've mentioned is that the transmission is out of the Jeep right now until I replace the throw-out bearing. Anybody know what's connected to the transmission/engine? The starter. Anybody know what is connected to the start on one of these? Oh, just the main battery positive and negative.

:dope:

I realized this the other day when I was talking to a co-worker about the Jeep. No wonder the lights don't work. Most of the circuit is missing.

Anywho.. I got a new TO bearing from Napa a couple weeks ago. And with 2 weeks left of school, I foresee some Jeep time coming on. I really wanna throw it in there and go for a ride!

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2013, 07:20:33 PM »
Oh, and I forgot to tell you guys. We traded the hardtop and full doors for a soft top and half hard doors. Since this isn't a daily driver by any means, we felt the soft top would be perfect for our "fair-weather only" trips. Plus, half doors are cool.

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2013, 07:17:22 PM »
Well I did some work today. I got the clutch back in, and the bellhousing with the new throw-out bearing installed. I found what may have been my problem. The spring that pulls the fork back away from the pressure plate was all messed up and stretched wayyyy too far. So maybe it was just not pulling back and the throwout bearing was left flopping against the clutch all the time.

I started getting the trans in, but it wouldn't line up. I mentioned before that I couldn't find my alignment tool, so I tried to eyeball it. An hour or so of grunting later without a transmission jack, and I got no where. I'm thinking I can have the wife push in the clutch once I have the transmission partially engaged onto the throw out bearing, and that'll loosen the clutch enough for me to wiggle the pilot into place.

I hope.

Should have some pics soon of the Heep outside the garage with it's new top and doors. Hopefully.

Offline attworth

• Charter Member
  • 867-5309
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2013, 03:28:09 PM »
Well, when it rains, it pours. I decided to split the trans and t-case, cause it was just way too heavy without a trans jack. Split went fine, and tras went in fairly easily. I slid it in as much as I could, then pressed the clutch while wiggling it into the pilot hole from the hole in floor for the shifters. Worked well..

Then came the T-case. Got it up no problem. It wasn't quite lined up right, so it was stuck in 2Hi, gears weren't meshing well. So, I pulled it back to try again.

Lo and behold, the stupid rear shaft on the transmission fell out again. It's supported by about 1000 needle bearings, and any movement laterally causes all of those bearing and the shaft to fall out of its hole.  Soooo... Looks like I'm back to square one.

:moody:

I may end up towing it to storage... This is some BS...

* Recent Photos

IMG_6661.JPG

Views: 6
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal