Detailing Products > Detailing Pads Area

LC Purple Foam Wool Pad - cleaning

(1/3) > >>

sscully:
Wanted to find out what you guys do for cleaning between panels & at the end.
- I have the "nasty oxidation RV" in process, and I think I am going to be either orange pad or PFW with PB Master cut to get some movement on it.

Wanted to see what you guys use for cleaning between panels Spur or Air ?

At the end of the section, do you wash them as you would a foam pad ?
- I wash them like the Optimum MF pads, not the foam pads if standard cleaning is the route you guys use.

I have not had something this bad on PFW pads, so cleaning is going to be a big item while I am doing this.

Just wanted to see the suggest method, as what I have done in the past might not be the best, and with the little bit I had used them, it is no comparison to what I am going to be doing.

EricHaley:

--- Quote from: sscully on August 11, 2013, 08:39:32 AM ---Wanted to find out what you guys do for cleaning between panels & at the end.
- I have the "nasty oxidation RV" in process, and I think I am going to be either orange pad or PFW with PB Master cut to get some movement on it.

Wanted to see what you guys use for cleaning between panels Spur or Air ?

--- End quote ---

I'm assuming you're referring to the regular PFW and not the new thin ones.  I usually use a brush, and if that isn't getting the job done then it's a sign I need to swap out for a clean one (or clean on the fly using a pad washer).

--- Quote ---At the end of the section, do you wash them as you would a foam pad ?
- I wash them like the Optimum MF pads, not the foam pads if standard cleaning is the route you guys use.

--- End quote ---

I usually soak mine in a bucket with DP Polishing Pad Rejuvenator, agitate in the bucket, rinse, and lay out to dry.
I have washed them in the washer before and dried them on delicate at low heat and they turned out really nice.  Though, this probably isn't recommended...

EricHaley:
Also, for cleaning foam pads on the fly, try using a bug scrubber sponge.  They work wonders!  I haven't tried it yet on PFW though, but I will today.

sscully:

--- Quote from: EricHaley on August 11, 2013, 09:14:38 AM ---
I'm assuming you're referring to the regular PFW and not the new thin ones.  I usually use a brush, and if that isn't getting the job done then it's a sign I need to swap out for a clean one (or clean on the fly using a pad washer).

--- End quote ---

Good question, I did not see a new PFW released, so I missed that.
The ones I have now are ~ 1" thick. 
See what they have when I order supplies this week, if I am getting the same ones or a new version PFW pad. :dunno:

Figure if I tried my pad brush that I would shred them.  I can use that on the MF pads without much issue ( if I lean into it too much, it starts to shred them ).

I have the Yellow bug sponges, but I got one of the CG pad brushes on special one time, and I love this over the bug sponge. 

--- Quote from: EricHaley on August 11, 2013, 09:14:38 AM ---I usually soak mine in a bucket with DP Polishing Pad Rejuvenator, agitate in the bucket, rinse, and lay out to dry.
I have washed them in the washer before and dried them on delicate at low heat and they turned out really nice.  Though, this probably isn't recommended...

--- End quote ---

Nothing really different than a foam or MF pad then.

I do the washboard with LC Snappy pad cleaner for the MF & PFW pads right now.
- I peeled the face off a MF pad using my grit guard pad washer and the rotary like foam pads.

EricHaley:

--- Quote from: sscully on August 11, 2013, 10:16:18 AM ---See what they have when I order supplies this week, if I am getting the same ones or a new version PFW pad. :dunno:

--- End quote ---

The new Thin Purple Foamed Wool (let's just call them TPFW) can be used with a DA, but I find they also work very nicely on a rotary.  My favorite combination is the 3" TPFW, LC 3" BP, and an extension (or two) on my FLEX PE14.

--- Quote ---Figure if I tried my pad brush that I would shred them.  I can use that on the MF pads without much issue ( if I lean into it too much, it starts to shred them ).

--- End quote ---

Definitely don't want to lean into them too much.  I had one of the TPFWs delaminate on me while brushing it (I was likely using too much pressure).  Man did that thing go!  I contacted Eric at LC and he sent me out three replacements!  What a guy!!

--- Quote ---I have the Yellow bug sponges, but I got one of the CG pad brushes on special one time, and I love this over the bug sponge. 

--- End quote ---

That's a nice brush!  This is the brush I use:

Image was borrowed from ADS - not sure if we can link here...

Where the bug sponges really shine is with CarPro Denim Orange Peel Removal Pads!

--- Quote ---Nothing really different than a foam or MF pad then.

I do the washboard with LC Snappy pad cleaner for the MF & PFW pads right now.
- I peeled the face off a MF pad using my grit guard pad washer and the rotary like foam pads.

--- End quote ---

Correct, not much difference at all.  I also had a Megs MF pad delaminate on me in the washer once. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version