1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: My Silverado interior plastics  (Read 3965 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
My Silverado interior plastics
« on: July 28, 2013, 02:49:19 PM »
The last few tikes I've cleaned and dressed the interior of my 2011 Silverado I've noticed the plastics haven't meshed well with the dressings.  So far I've only used Poorboy's leather stuff and natural look as they are my favorite.  Anyone experience this?  Any recommendations? 
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline sscully

• Café Member
Re: My Silverado interior plastics
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 04:16:11 PM »
I am not one to put "dressing" on interior parts.

I only use my Natural Look on the tires, interior it is just clean.
- For the general day in day out; I use Enezette Cockpit Premium and a horse hair brush and the PB work towels to remove it. 
Just cleaned the Mother of bar stool / pleather in mom & dad's RV, it is a light cream color and the chair by the door was filthy ( think they use that arm as a railing coming in ).  Installing the flat screen, I kept seeing it and got the C-Premium out of the truck and went at it.
- I keep it in back of the truck, for when I am on the road.  Every day I clean the interior parts after a few 100 mile day of driving after checking in or 1st thing in the AM when I am having coffee.

For harsher examples, like the last time I did mom's van or my sisters interior, I use PB APC diluted 12 :1 or 15:1 depending on how dirty it is.

What do you mean by "mesh" to suggest something.
Steve

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 04:42:14 PM »
They just didn't seem to cooperate or get along.  No consistency like in everything else I've ever done.  Its frustrating when I get in and all i see are streaks or smears.  The dressings just don't seem to "take" to the interior parts.  Even the leather.  I've been using the Optimum Leather Protection on it and it tends to be streaky as well.  I usually do final wipe downs with a clean MF but I still get them.  I'm not a huge fan of the OLP but its not bad either.  I just prefer PB Leather Stuff but I'm all out.  Ive even cleaned everything thoroughly with APC+ before applying anything. 
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Rollingrock

• Administrator
  • Milk was a bad idea.
    • The Detailer's Café
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 09:10:50 PM »
LOL....try using them on a Ferrari interior....talk about not working.

So one of my mentors told me....the best thing to use for interior of modern cars is a little soap and water.   

That said, i do use PB NLD and other products in my trucks but on the EXPY I do use a lot of damp MF's.   

Just my .02

Thanks for visiting the Cafe, come back often.  There's always something new!

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 04:14:28 AM »
So does anybody still worry about UV protection and plastics fading?

Offline sscully

• Café Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 06:31:29 AM »
On my '06 F150, haven't yet.

Before using Cockpit Premium I used Plexus to clean the dash on the '06.
- took a quick search on the product page, and no match for UV.

My 2001 I started with Armorall Interior cleaner ( the purple label stuff ), just something to clean it.
- Dad uses construction site dust on it since 2006, guess 1/4" of dust offers some UV protection :redneck:.

The G6 until this year nothing was on it.
- the Mrs went out and bought something and put it on.  Looked very retro "transmission fluid on tires" to me.  :dope:

Sounds like you need to clean it, something heavy dilution ( i.e. PB APC 15:1 ) and scrub it down with an interior brush.  Took me a bit to get what ever was on the dash of the G6, off using this.

I use a horse hair interior brush from Detailed image ( dark bristles white plastic handle, shaped like a shoe shine brush ).

I can only guess the layering of the dressing causing issues, if what was on there before is not removed and you are just adding another layer, what happens to the results.  That is pure supposition.  I can say that using nothing has worked for me so far.  I used the same on the leather like coverings on the seats ( along with the mother of barstool in the back ).
Steve

Offline Pockets

• Detailing Supply Retailer
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 01:58:08 PM »
Hey Mike a simple answer to your problem would be to use a cotton towel to buff off rather then a Microfiber towel..... that should do the trick.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 07:55:31 PM »
I have cleaned the entire inside of the truck with APC+ 4:1.  It didn't make a difference.  I will try the cotton route.  Thanks Pockets.

* Recent Photos

IMG_3148.JPG

Views: 1
By: gipraw

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal