1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: PVD wheels?  (Read 9514 times)

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
  • OCDer formerly known as ESF
Re: PVD wheels?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 07:52:34 PM »
I know they are.  My girlfriend was following me somewhere today and when we got there the first thing we both said to each other was about how bad my tires spray. 

I'm guessing yours do as well?

Tapatalkin...

Yep. Any water on the roads covers both sides of the truck. I'm not sure I'm keeping these wheels. They stick out far enough to spray the sides of the truck pretty badly, but not far enough to look right with a fender flare.

and that's the killer.  I can't justify flares because they don't stick out that far.  But they stick out obviously far enough to spray everything.  I think the look is perfect so I will deal with it.

Tapatalkin...

If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline Blown F-150

• Café Member
  • Don't ask me if I read the instructions
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 08:50:41 PM »
Hmm, don't they make small and large fender flares. The ones on my truck don't really stick out too far, heck I am running oem wheels and they look OK to me.
2014 F-150 FX4 Blue Flame
2021 Explorer ST Atlas Blue

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 08:52:56 PM »
I'm very picky when it comes to looks.  And my tires stick out just enough to see them.  Which is apparently enough to spray crap everywhere.

Tapatalkin...
If you always do what you\'ve always done, you\'ll always get what you\'ve always got.

Offline hwm3

• Café Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 08:30:47 PM »
I'm very picky when it comes to looks.  And my tires stick out just enough to see them.  Which is apparently enough to spray crap everywhere.

Tapatalkin...

Yeah. Finding the right wheels in the right fit is tough. I like the way mine look without flares, but don't like the spray and don't think they stick out enough to look right with flares.

Another thing that drives me nuts is the channel just behind the fake headlock ring on mine. It holds water and even driving on the freeway won't sling the water out of it. Makes keeping them clean a nightmare.

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2014, 08:56:03 AM »

Tapatalkin...

Yeah. Finding the right wheels in the right fit is tough. I like the way mine look without flares, but don't like the spray and don't think they stick out enough to look right with flares.

Another thing that drives me nuts is the channel just behind the fake headlock ring on mine. It holds water and even driving on the freeway won't sling the water out of it. Makes keeping them clean a nightmare.

If all I have to worry about is my truck getting dirty when it rains then that's no big deal.  It just gets dirtier than normal but a slightly dirty truck is a dirty truck. At this point I worry more about rocks being thrown up. 

I see what you're saying on the beadlock.  There's must nowhere for it to go. 

I need to find a way to dry my wheels without a towel.  I'm worried about scratching what appears to be a delicate surface.  And they spot like crazy.

Tapatalkin...

Offline Kitzy

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2014, 06:10:04 PM »
I'm thinking about putting my mudflaps back on the front.  It looks better without.  I had to remove them because I needed that extra 1/4" from the flap and the bolts so the tire would clear when turning.  Might try to  find a way to put them back on or get knew ones.  Anyone know if there are any that mount somewhere other than the wheel well?  Maybe adhesive to the fender itself?  Kind of molded to the body panel?

Tapatalkin...

* Recent Photos

IMG_9702.JPG

Views: 1
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal