Interior Detailing > Interior Detailing Tips, Advice

Bissel LGM pro heat?

(1/3) > >>

attworth:
With the new kiddo, we've decided it is finally time to buy some sort of carpet cleaner. I remember a few years back the LGM pro heat was the bees knees for compact cleaners. Is this still the case?

I'm not ready to commit to a full upright, mostly because of price and lack of space. So, for a compact are there any contenders?

Rollingrock:
they do work pretty well for the money.

you can find them on ebay and amazon petty cheap but I think I recall Tom saying he found em even cheaper. 

sscully:
I have a spot bot heat ( don't think they make it in heat anymore ) and I got a Bissell lift-off, which I use more now.

the spot bot was great for the automated spot cleaning part of it but the tank size, like the LGM, is lacking.

The lift off is a 3/4 gal tank, and is mounted to an upright, and unhooks for use as a hand tool machine.  For the combo it is ~ 220.00, but removes the need to purchase an upright for me.
- It is not the best upright out there, but as a multi use it works well.  I can get it into minivans and clean the carpet with it in there ( not as large foot print as an upright, and not as heavy )

The lift out section is available standalone as the Spot Clean Pro, ~ 130.00.  No heat on the lift out part, but I have not found this to be an issue when using the correct cleaning solution on the spot.

Take a look at tank size, when selecting one. 
- This is something that the spotbot pissed me off about ( LGM is 48 oz lift off / spot clean pro is 96 oz ).

Too Stroked:
I have a LGM, but it's not the Pro Heat version. (I just fill it with really hot water and the effects are probably similar.) To be completely honest, I'm not real impressed with the machine. First, the spray pattern is way wider than the suction head. Then, the suction isn't all that great. (I'd say it sucks, but it doesn't.)  I always end up dragging out my shop vac after the LGM to remove more liquid.

Hope that helps.

Kitzy:
I have an LGM as well without the heat.  Mine works well though it leaks from the solution tank.  Not a big deal.  Its just annoying.  I just used it recently on carpeted floor mats that were pretreated and hosed clean.  It got them pretty dry with just a slight dampness not much different than if you shampooed a carpet in your home.  For what I need, I'm happy with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version