Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: What do you know about...  (Read 2346 times)

Offline FireFighter

• Charter Member
What do you know about...
« on: September 05, 2008, 04:12:18 PM »
Slave cylinders?

I had to get mine replaced (still at the Sealership), and the guy told me that typically they dont get an external leak at the 81,000 miles I have unless the vehicle was abused/raced/etc...

I was just curious as to what your thoughts were... Also, if there is anything I can do to prevent it from happening in the next 81000 miles, please let me know.

FWIW, I am the second owner of the truck... I'm guessing that the previous owner (remember that it used to e a work truck...) drove the ca-ca out of it...

Anywho, advice appreciated... (Oh, they are going to check on the clutch plate in a bit... we'll see if there's more to be done)
"Destroy all that which is evil, So that which is good may Flourish" (BDS)

Offline FireFighter

• Charter Member
Re: What do you know about...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 01:03:47 AM »
Shucky Durn. FoMoCo called today to let me know the following:

Good News: They stayed late to try to get my truck done in time since I'm leaving for Seattle in it on the 11th.

Bad news:  The pilot bearing, clutch, and slave cylinder definitely need replacing. And the flywheel needs resurfacing.

Good news:  It can still be done in time. And, since its all in the same assembly (more or less), I will save 4 hours in labor as opposed to doing only slave cylinder then later doing the rest.

Bad news:  Its going to cost $1200+.

Good news: the guy managing this thing is EXTREMELY helpful and calls frequently to let me know the progress and lets me know what the story is on everything. Great guy. Friendly, knowledgeable, and very helpful.

Hopefully after this repair, I can be good for a long time. I need to get through college without too many more problems. Any thoughts on how long this stuff should be good? I only have 81k miles on it now...

Thanks guys!
"Destroy all that which is evil, So that which is good may Flourish" (BDS)

* Recent Photos

IMG_9991.JPG

Views: 5
By: Rollingrock

* Recent Topics

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

* Top Boards

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal