1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30

No calendar events were found.

The Cafe is OPEN
Detailing today? Check the Weather  http://www.weather.com/

Author Topic: Meguiar's DA Power System  (Read 3840 times)

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
Meguiar's DA Power System
« on: April 08, 2013, 08:11:45 AM »
I needed to do some quick spot repair on my mother in law's Buick prior to trading it in this week and I didn't want to drag all my stuff from the shop over to her house.  I figured it was a good excuse to spend some money on something I expected to be useless but was curious about trying.

I picked up the new DA Power System from Meg's and figured I would give it a try.   I also picked up a set of yellow, maroon and black pads for it, as they are 4" pads and I can always use them elsewhere if I hate the system.

I used my Ryobi One+ cordless drill with this, with both a regular and lithium ion battery.   All of the Meg's videos show someone using a regular corded drill, but I wanted to try the cordless, because that is how I see this system being useful for me.

The Lithium Ion battery lasted for the all that I used it for.  I did the drivers side doors with 105 and the maroon pad, then 205 and the yellow pad.  I then did the trunk deck with 105 and 205.  On the passenger side I just hit a couple of door dings.

It killed the regular battery in half the hood with the finish pad simply applying the Blackfire. 

Overall, I liked the system a lot more than I expected it would.  It is not a replacement for a regular DA by any means.  I would probably kill someone if I had to do a complete car with it.  I was looking for something portable and simple that was capable of doing some moderate lifting if needed.   I wasn't a big fan of using it for applying an LSP.  I tried it on the hood and it slowed me down to the point that I did the rest of the vehicle by hand.   

It was simple enough to use that my 9 year old was able to remove a couple of door dings with minimal assistance from me.

I can see some use for this product when I am doing simple spot repairs, doing headlights, or removing water spots from windows.

The DA is direct drive like a flex, so it does have the ability to work a small area if needed without bogging down.

I took a few pics, and will try and get them posted tonight, but I wanted to at least get this typed up.

================

Doug

Offline gipraw

• Administrator
Meguiar's DA Power System
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 08:23:59 AM »
Crappy iPhone pics. 

Before.

After

================

Doug

* Recent Photos